Post some Sea monster ideas here

Im bored so post some ideas for sea creatures herI and i (might) give some sort of constructive criticism

Basic info should be:
Tier
Spawn (dark sea, regular ocean, etc.)
Drops
Type (details on what the monster looks like)
Abilities (optional)
Additional info (optional)

for those that don’t know
Abberrant: Fourth-Tier
Behemoth: Third-Tier (for reference this is white-eyes tier)
Abyssal: Second-Tier
Apollyon: You’re fucked-tier

some tIings i thought of:

Wanderer

Tier: Aberrant
Spawn: Dark sea, Rarely under heavy storms.
Drops: Lumina Bulb (weapon - staff | Uncommon), Unidentifiable flesh (food).
Type: A anglerfish-Esque Esque creature. Has no teeth and has extremely dark skin.
Abilities:
Lost light - If a player is not close enough, the light bulb of the wanderer will appear to be a sort of treasure such as cargo or a sunken ship, when close enough the wanderer will become aggro’d on the player and reveal a glowing light similarly to an angler fish.

Additional info: since they lack teeth, they rely on sucking up and spitting out their opponent. An alternative weapon that they resort to is dealing blunt damage by smacking their opponent with their bulb.

Alpha Wanderer

Tier: Abyssal
Spawn: Rarely in deep dark seas.
Drops: Illusia Bulb (Wand | Rare ), Mystified meat (food), Unidetifyiable set (Armor | Common)
Type: A MUCH larger version of the wanderer. Has red, glowing eyes (when exposed).
Abilities:
Alpha Wisp - Creates visions of large structures such as shipwrecks or entire islands. Upon touching one of these the Alpha Wanderer will proceed to instantly consume the player/ ship, deal a MASSIVE amount of damage, then spit them out. the only indicator for this is the island is: slightly transparent, tinted yellow, and has a glow when the never player gets close.
Luminous Shocker - The alpha wanderer uses their bulb to create a massive shock in the water, dealing great damage to any player in the water and dealing a good amount of damage to ships in the water.

Skeleton Shark

Tier: Aberrant
Spawn: any sea (only during Halloween),
Drops: Spooky Bone Dagger (Weapon | Rare)
Type: Shark Skeleton
Abilities
Bone explosion - upon death it will explode into bones and deal damage and bleed to players in a medium radius
Additional info: Really serves no purpose but looks cool

Grabber

Tier: Behemoth
Spawn: somewhat uncommonly in the Rough seas, Dark seas
Drops: Grabber Claw (Weapon | Uncommon)
Type: A dark-blue mantis-like creature
Abilities:
Grab - The Grabber extenders its massive claw to grab the ship/ player and deal damage/ drag them underwater
Additional Info: Will only surface if it misses two attacks in a row consecutively

The Overlord of the Ocean

Tier: Apollyon
Spawn: The end of the dark sea (if the player manages to reach over 1,000,000 M deep into the dark sea)
Drops: A ludicrous amount of random weapons, armors, foods,ship supplies, and possibly lost/ ancient magic scrolls.
Type: A MASSIVE cuthulu like creature. It has massive hands that it uses to destroy entire islands with
Abilities:
Extinction Call - TOofO makes a call for reinforcement, this will temporarily summon two others of it’s kind. These have the exact same moveset except for this move
Punch - TOofO throws a punch with such speed and power, it basically one shots everything
Annihilation Ray - TOofO releases a ray of energy from its mouth basically destroying everything
Additional info: This thing really isn’t meant to be killed (if it is though it gives a great reward) and more of a deterrent for not going further into the dark sea.

7 Likes

vertex vortex vetex
tier: apollyon
spawn: the very farthest reaches of the dark sea or always near an exploiter commonly.
drops: a lot of goodies
type: evil vetex omg!!!1! :scream:
abilities:
smite- le pew pew aether lightning but pink
ur getting nerfed- nerfs everyone’s stats drastically
banned- stuns in large radius unable to use magic
rework- slightly heals femtex and boosts defenses

1 Like

i had a seizure reading this

1 Like

This is my creation.

Giant Colossal squid

Tier: Behemoth

Spawn: dark sea near whirlpools or large ghost ships.

Drops: Squid Ink (3-8 per kill), Squid tentacle fragment (1-3 per kill). The ink can be used as seasoning in food and the tentacle makes an instant exotic or legendary large meal when cooked. Same effects as adding fish to a meal but doubled.

Type: A large black squid with 8 tentacles and two arms. It has large eyes.

Abilities: It attacks by using its tentacles. Each tentacle has 700 hp and when killed fall back into the water to regain 5 hp a second. Once a tentacle returns to full health it comes back to attack again. Its first attack is grappling the ship, each tentacle deals 30 DoT every 5 seconds against the ship if grappling.
It can also use a grab attack and ram the player into the ship or throw them out to sea.
The head has a beak attack it can use if you are in the water near its head which inflicts massive damage. The main body has a total of 13000 health. killing the body kills the squid. Arms: It can use its arms to hit players flying and also the ship. Each hit deals 500 damage. Each arm has 1000 hp. If an arm is defeated, it falls into the water where it regains 2 hp per second. and returns to fight when at full hp.

Additional info: If every tentacle is removed from the ship and at least 7000 damage has been inflicted upon the squid it retreats swimming out into the dark sea.

Also for every additional player fighting it it gains 1000 hp and its beak and arm attacks deal an extra 10% damage.

Edit: Nerfed health increase.
Edit: Increased Damage required threshold and nerfed health max.

6 Likes

ngl i lowkey want this ingame this is a good idea (except maybe the swimming away phase that might be a bit annoying though it is reallistic, honestly it derping out and thrashing around would prob be less annoying to deal with) though this does kind of sound more like a Behemoth-tier as it has an HP pool similarly to white eyes and from what i know about them irl they are pretty large.

overall W monster ngl :+1:

true. I’ll change the tier.
Also imagine fighting this and then a white-eyes also shows up

Loved the idea of the wanderers!

Most of these are nice ideas especially the wanderers. Though I don’t like Overlord of the Ocean. No one is going out 1000000 meters into the dark sea.

how about adding in those giant squids in the AA trello, The Reaper sounded like an alright idea

yea fair tbh TOofO was really meant to be more of an easter egg sort of boss for madlads that actually somehow managed to sail that far or exploiters who probably wasted their life trying to get there, best comparison i could try and think of is the ecological dead zone in subnautica where 3 ghost leviathans just spawn on you

let’s get serious:

monster:

The wreckage/titanic hermit

Type: behemoth
Drops: a lot of gold, sometimes rare sea scrolls, but mainly a lot of weapons and ingredients for food.
Type: be careful… the wreckage appears as a strange, crewless, and tattered up giant ship, or even a new one rarely, but in reality is a massive organism that baits in new ships to attack, and uses the parts from it’s host ship as weapons and defenses.
Abilities:
tendril swing: the wreckage will suddenly fire it’s tendrils to pull in and violently whip any ship that comes too close, combat can be used to severe these tendrils.
debris throw: throws various wreckage and debris such as barrels or crates at your ship and crew at high velocity that can deal some serious damage if not blocked/avoided.
impervious host: this sea monster has a unique gimmick where the newer the ship is as the shell, the less damage it takes from all attack types. this can be measured from how tattered/well kept the ship is
hidden jaws: occasionally will dive underwater and jump baring massive jaws to attack your boat.
big wave: uses it’s tendrils to create large waves to shake your boat and crew.
whip: whips players if they get too close.

the wreckage/hermit can also appear as a normal ship without any tattered down ruins, a good way to avoid this monster is to simply not get too close to any strangely abandoned large boat in open water. gains an extra 1200 HP for every player to battle it.

3 Likes

The squid only retreats if it takes 3000 or more damage & all its tentacles are detached from the ship

(lol i actually tried ree)

Ah the good ol’ classic mimic monster. I like the concept of it being an entire ship while housing a massive organism, especially the idea of using the parts of the ship to attack (possible use of cannonfire?) to possibly mimic the act of Ship vs Ship combat. Overall very solid monster and would deffo fit a place like the dark sea

2 Likes

Ah alright yeah that makes way mores sense then I was scared that 4/5ths of the fight would just be a chase

1 Like

yay it valid

Another one

Earth Serpent

Tier: Aberrant or Apollyon (I don’t know how sea monster tiers work :frcryin:)

Spawn: In the dark sea

Drops: Scales (10-50). 50 can be used to make a piece of an exotic armor set (don’t know how this would work) this set grants 340 more total defense then sunken armor (this defense increase would change based on how strong sunken gear is in later levels) and is lvl 300-1000. It also grants agility.

Type: A large eel like creature. It curls up into a ball on the ocean floor and eats magma. they come in colors of black, gray, brown, and very rarely green. They are gigantic and can easily be mistaken for a underwater rise. Though not as big as islands. Their heads are about the same size as the skull you can find off of Magius’s coast.

Abilities: They attack either with their tale, bite, or breath attack. The tail is used like a club dealing heavy damage to ships and players, it deals double damage to ships. The bite also inflicts heavy damage but is mostly only used against players. Finally the breath attack. Each Earth Serpent has a random magic picked which determines their breath weapon. This attack is the equivalent of a beam attack but originating from the serpent.

Additional info: These serpents are highly aggressive. Though they won’t attack players unless they come within 50 meters or they drop an anchor on the eel’s head. If one were to attack it it would aggro. Because of their aggressiveness they target anything that comes within 50 meters. Including other sea monsters.
They have a total health of 70000

Their health and damage doesn’t increase based on players fighting it.

1 Like

now the wreckage is kinda just an easier monster that’s not very hard to battle, but this one… OH HO HO…

t̴͓͒͐̊h̵̬̫̉̅ͅê̵̜ ̷̡͙̱̓s̸̨͍̎̓p̵̞̯̯̆̓́r̷̼͓̎̅͝ȇ̸̫̩̍a̷̟͝d̴̙̟̅̆̽

Tier: apollyon (this is a monster you literally should always avoid unless you’re a genuine madlad)
spawn: very situational, but requires a decent amount of insanity, and can be found in the farthest depths of the dark sea.
Drops: literally almost always a sea curse or many powerful weapons and items, this is normally something you must always avoid but alas it still grants stuff.
Type: a strange massive floating patch above the ocean, a dark haze that also makes the music go silent, and the world slows down a bit, with nothing but quiet whispering…
this void black patch is also covered in eyes. (totally not a seek clone from DOORS ong)
Other: your crew will have unique reactions to this monster.
“it’s watching me captain… it’s watching me and I can’t stop it…”
“what is that thing…?”
“STOP STARING STOP STARING STOP STARING”
Abilities:
FATE: this is an attack you cannot dodge, will violently grab your ship and cover it in the dark mass with eyes, unable to move, you are now locked in battle with arguably one of the nastiest monsters ever. this monster will transform into literally almost everything, be careful, anything can happen.

MORPH: the mass will take the shape of a random sea monster that is pitch black and covered in eyes, it will also mimic an attack from that monster, after losing 2,000 HP, it will revert back into an amorphous blob, using it’s normal attacks.

JUDGEMENT: the eyes will suddenly lock onto you, do not look at them, you will take heavy damage, wait until you hear the noise.

WRATH: a violent storm of tendrils and other parts of the mass will attack you, you can easily deflect them with your attacks, but it may easily overwhelm you if you get too cocky.

VOLLEY: throws high damage projectiles at you made from dark blobs that also have delayed explosions.

SHRIEK: a loud, shrill call that disorients the player and all others in large radius, darkening the screen and FOV, as well as inflicting a nausea effect, followed with whispers and low DoT, this inflicts insanity.

gains an extra 7k HP for every player

1 Like

your mom: takes up the entirety of the sea it spawns in.

being serious now, i would love a giant crab as a sea monster

(pro tip for survival?

just. don’t. get. near. it.)