Post your mutation ideas here!

reminds me of toriyama (rip the goat) forgetting everything about dragon ball lmao. but at least dragon ball’s not really as heavily lore based like the arcane universe is :skull:

anyway for the sake of staying on topic, I have a mutation:

illusion magic - a light mutation that allows the user to create illusions around them such as copies of themselves or whatever their imagination can conjure. these illusions are not physically present since they’re basically like projections, but it can be used to conceal things as well

sky magic - no clue what magic this would come from tbh, but it would basically be sky manipulation from jjk, low-grade space manipulation

Neutron magic (if we can have electron magic, we can have this)

Basically just an extremely heavy solid magic, but with small size

So it’s small, low speed, and extremely, ridiculously high damage

If we have heat magic then lets also have cold magic

Electron and Neutron when Proton magic walks in:

If you clash proton and electron it creates hydrogen magic

clash that with oxygen magic and you get to water magic

Then clash THAT with lightning for oxygen and hydrogen magic again

A mutation for both acid and metal

Lost Magic Idea- Mercury
User controls a shiny metallic liquid, that is poisonous on contact.

Good damage
Decent size
Low speed

The magic would produce puddles, that can be electrified, or superheated
Soaking targets in Mercury would do damage over a decent amount of time, and would also have several synergies, such as more DOT if you hit them with a heat magic, paralysis and high DOT for hitting them with lightning, and freezing them in solid mercury if they are hit with a cold magic

1 Like

paper and ink from wood

I have a couple of mutations and variant ideas that I’ve kind of made for my oc’s, guess I’ll post them here

Lost
Thunder Magic: Lightning and Sound magic combined, always fires two projectiles, one very fast yet small followed by a very large but slow projectile. Being hit by the first projectile slows, the second blurs the screen.

Ancient
Thunderstorm Magic: Storm and Thunder magic combined, Storm would probably be the first hit and depend on it’s gimmick, the second hit would probably be Thunder which is a bit faster than its slow hit, slows you and blurs the screen.
Snowsquall Magic: A very fast variant of Blizzard Magic and Flash Magic, not very strong and status lasts low amount of time, but near instantly blinds and possibly knocks back
Sangdrasill Magic (wow its that one exploiter magic but with an actual gimmick): An unholy magic created from Wood and Sacrifice Magic, a DoT magic w/ a DoT that ticks very slowly, but deals HEAVY damage per tick. Sucessive hits shortens the amount of time between the DoT’s ticks. However a bar rises while user attacks, and once filled applies the DoT to themselves. DoT could be called Arterial Bleeding or Splintered/Thorned?

a few concepts for variants

Apocalypse Bringer - Ragnarök Variation: A variant of Apocalypse Bringer with a bluish-orangish range of colors, once used by a Keraxian warlock
Equinox - Aurora Variation: A variant of Equinox colored with dark purples/reds and bright blue/greens
Balance - Judgement Variation: A variant of Balance, rather than being dependent on the user’s first magic, is rather dependent on who the opponent hit is (if similar reputationwise, ranges from green to gold the more similar they are, if neutral white, if opposite, red to purple from how opposing they are)

2 Likes

Infernal Flare: Blue flare magic with the same stacking properties of singed, however the DOT is mega increased.

Real talk: do you guys think lost and ancient magic might have like unique sliders for some moves? Like, an “effect strength”, such as a magic type that deals fake damage to make it hard to tell how hurt you are, you can pick if it’s fake as in less than the actual damage count or more, or maybe like a checkbox for gravity to pick if there’s a black hole after explosion or not

might as well just post the same link i always do
i imagine it’d be an ancient magic mutated from gravity magic

embed fail, laugh at this user

strange, it worked on my end

The void

https: //trello.com/c/YsC34MvE/32-space-magic

Here is the current planned list of lost magics, based off of vetexes’ favorites.

storm magic (yellow, purple, white variations)

Aether lighting (green, yellow, white variations)

Ancient lightning (white, red variations)

Poison lighting (purple, red variations)

Snow lighting (white variation)

earth lighting (white, black, brown variations)

sand lightning (tan, white variations)

wind lightning (white, yellow variations)

water lighting (yellow, purple variations)

shadow lightning (black, purple variations)

acid lighting (purple, green, red variations)

plasma lightning (red, purple variations)

glass lighting (no variations)

fire lighting (orange, red variation)

blaze magic (pink, brown variation)

wood lightning (purple, pink variations)

metal lightning (grey, orange variations)

ash lighting (black, brown, orange variations)

crystal lighting (purple variation)

light lighting (yellow, white variation)

lighting lightning (yellow variation)

INK lighting (teal :face_vomiting: variation)

Once these are added no more magics will come out.

2 Likes

Alright but where’s lightning lightning lightning

we might get piss magic as water mutation