Post your mutation ideas here!

Mutations are back in the form of the eventual obtainment of lost and ancient magics being reworked, so that got me wondering, what are some community ideas for mutations of magics that used to be mutations in Arcane Adventures, such as acid, plasma, and magma? We have plenty potential mutations for certain magics (looking at you, fire), but for something like acid, I can’t think of any. If you have any ideas I’d love to hear 'em :slight_smile:

Here’s the AA mutation chart for ones that were already thought of by Vetex and Co:

Here’s the old list of planned lost and ancient magics from WoM, also to see some that have already been considered:

• Fire
  • Ice
  • Water
  • Magma
  • Earth
  • Wood
  • Metal
  • Light
  • Wind
  • Acid
  • Shadow
  • Lightning
  • Poison
  • Plasma
  • Sand
  • Glass
  • Crystal
  • Snow
  • Explosion
  • Ash

Lost Magics

• Storm
  • Slash
  • Aether Lightning
  • Poison Lightning
  • Flare
  • Phoenix
  • Aether
  • Darkness
  • Sun
  • Lunar
  • Healing
  • Sound
  • Diamond
  • Wave
  • Gravity
  • Frostmetal
  • Blizzard

Ancient Magic

• Scorch
  • Apocalypse Bringer
  • Inferno
  • Blaze
  • Shatter
  • Death
  • Life
  • Pressure
  • Electron
  • Equinox
  • Sacrifice
  • Balance (team)
4 Likes

seeing stuff like this keeps reminding my of this “winter” magic that’s supposedly a mix of snow, ice, and wind, but can’t find if that’s official anywhere ? if it was all a big hallucination i’d love to see that or just that general idea of mixed magics

Might make a whole concept chart for it. I don’t think mutations will be as limited as they were in AA though

Knowing how the naming is going, we’ll probably end up with “Green atomic acid light with slight hues of yellow magic”

ah yes, the most destructive (and publicly bad) magic of all

Energy magic
Mutates off of fire, lightning and light

2 Likes

Could also do explosion

Seeing light can mutate into crystal… oh hell yeah

Since I use Plasma Mage, I’m obligated to think about what it could get.

• Heat surely
  • Flare
  • Steam
  • Aether (Loosely possibly probably not)

Also ancients

• Scorch

Sadly, a pretty small selection, but it has both Heat and Flare, so I could pick one.

I could consider what options Poison might have, but if Poison Lightning makes poison clouds does it but faster, I think I don’t need to worry.

poison evolves into stench magic

arrows only show “additional” connections. Designed with the idea of rows and adjacent half/occasionally full rows could mutate into one another.

2 Likes

magics i never would have thought of!! :exploding_head: :partying_face: :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face:
Equinox not here?

whatever gives me cool lifesteal shit or a nuke

Aether Paladin

oops
I forgor

Ah yes, the banishment magic

3 Likes

btw, what is genesis zero?

How do you think of Flash, Mirage, and Aethereal Wind, but not Equinox? :sob: :sob: :sob:
it’s okay, you got like 10 that I didn’t even ever hear of.

i wrote this magic idea a bit ago but idk if i cooked

a

Lost Magic Idea-
Nitrum Magic (Liquid Nitrogen Magic)

Size - Average
Speed - Low
Damage - Average
Effect - Freezing

The magic would produce puddles of freezing liquid nitrogen, that do high damage to anyone who steps in them, and applies freezing.
The puddles would evaporate over time into freezing clouds of gas, that do lower damage, but are larger.
The puddles and clouds would last longer depending on island temperature (Long time on Frostmill, virtually no time in Scorching Dunes.)

It was one of the ancient magics from WoM that would (supposedly) send people to a pocket dimension for about 10 minutes