Post your mutation ideas here!

orrrr perhaps this Sea Curse has a corresponding magic because all of the other ones like this do

I sure do love circular reasoning :blush:

Now get out you know for a fact replying to me serves no purpose

It’s not circular reasoning, you’re just ignoring all the obvious points like you always do, and then calling it out as fallacy and hoping I believe you (sadly I usually do)

I bring this up again and also doesn’t “turning his body into plants and trees” sound exactly like the functions of an elemental curse from the lore doc? I.e. “curse-users can phase their body into whatever magic they joined with”

Considering the three 100% confirmed experimental curses we know of now (not counting king caesar’s cause we have ZERO clue what that does beyond reviving him) don’t allow you to phase your body into the power they give, that seems to be the trend for them unless vetex changes it/has already changed it

Yes, but it’s pretty clearly implied by the GROWTH part of his name

Also elemental curse users can’t usually hear and see out of their magic limbs

The circular reasoning is

“It’s not an experimental curse, because it has a magic equivalent, and therefore is elemental” despite the fact I’m specifically stating it’s not elemental and doesn’t have a magic equivalent

And you know that arguing with me serves no purpose because I’m apparently so stubborn, so why bother at all? If an idiot refuses to stop being one, leave them be

how can these guys argue in every topic they interact :sob:

1 Like

I was talking with blueyonder and they thought it was their god given right to make it about themselves

light/fire/lightning mutation: hazard magic

(radiation magic)

Closest thing I found was tech answering a question relating to experimental curses that had Growth lumped in, but most likely it was from the Arcane Adventures trello (privated) which had an External Curses card. Although that trello is extremely outdated, but we’ve never had something go against that info so most people just never thought more of it.

If Shockwave is an elemental curse now then who knows what Growth is, it doesn’t have a magic counterpart so far so I’m not gonna flat out believe it’s Elemental, but just stay neutral until more info is out.

Any patrons mind asking?

This seems like a reasonable question, and we can underail

1 Like

Radiation magic (basically poison on steroids) create invisible clouds after each spell used (totally balanced) probably a light mutation btw

Also they should bring back the edgy versions of each magic dark lightning,dark fire,etc

I was gonna give a rebuttal again but I’ve derailed enough, vetexian lore is doing too much damage to my brain today :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Y’know I actually do feel like I remember that card and growth being there (god I wish I’d saved a copy of that trello board), but they were also called “External Curses” IN that trello right? Like typed out? Considering Vetex has literally gotten confused on why people called them External when they’ve apparently “always” been Experimental, I agree that that info is super outdated :sob: But who knows, that part on growth could still be right

I’m a patron but I’m also a coward, so I second this for the braver patrons out there

1 Like

Vetex lowkey got alzheimers

1 Like

LOWkey?

I don’t get it

hopium

This thread has gone to complete shit

No more derailing unless a kind patron decides to ask vetex

Rb1s been typing for a bit

You can sorta see how the shockwave can be used as a magic, but with the energy curse its not something you can exactly shoot at people or use any typical spell with. I can admit there is room for doubt of it being an experimental curse, but with the information at hand it seems to point more towards it being experimental than not, at least to me.

Forge magic: Lost metal magic that creates superheated metal. If Frostmetal is metal magic but inflicts freezing, Forge would inflict burning (or seared)

• I saw this idea on vetcord one time, which is how I got the name

Yggdrasil magic: Ancient wood magic basically, huge size scaling

Ironwood magic: Combination of metal and wood

Frostbite magic: Ice magic but in gaseous form, and has dot

Fossil magic: Another name for bone magic, with a little bit of earth magic

Wrath magic: Red destructive energy, one of the colored energy magics (like slash and wave)