Potion/Brewing System Plans

Summon sharks
Use shark repel on yourself
Watch carnage unfold

1 Like

Summon sharks around the island you are capturing, use wind magic to push enemies into the water, free infamy

Yeah but it’s stated you take alot of dmg and it’s basically free infamy atp

infamy not from senseless murder anymore

who will wanna buy my potions

if you die you don’t pay

the worst part about this entire thing is trying to understand it :skull:

get better at reading lmao

im supposed to just instantly understand what a reagant is ? :sob:

1 Like

yes, it takes basic fucking reading comprehension to see reagent = tier of potion decider

1 Like

and if that isnt enough JUST LOOK UP THE DAMN DEFINITION OF REAGENT YOU’RE ON A BROWSER YOU’RE ONE TAB AWAY FROM GOOGLE

2 Likes

Dang, guess I don’t have basic reading comprehension. Thanks for the explanation though! :blush:

it literally fucking shows in one of the photos a lists up to the fifth tier of potions in terms of the tier of effect and what you need in terms of reagents quantity and quality, it does in fact take basic reading comprehension to figure out what reagent may mean in that context (pic 1 that divanochi posted here)

1 Like

Hmm? I thought the tier was based off of your potion-making skill, like how it works with food.

Edit: nvm :skull:

Holy shit the Luck potions are such a huge thing i definently am gonna farm them

• Water Breathing, 8/10 standard and also required for diving (i will do a copius amount of it)
  • Harming, 7/10 Babe wake up new meta just dropped :heart_eyes:
  • Bleeding. 6/10 i can see Metamancers LOVING this one
  • Healing, 7/10 Babe wake up new meta just dropped :heart_eyes:
  • Shark repel, 8.5/10 FINALLY I CAN CROSS THE FUCKING SEA WITHOUT GETTING JUMPED BY LIKE 5 DIFFERENT SHARKS
  • Power, 6.5/10 I was gonna rate this lower but i saw that it only had one tier which thank god for that
  • Revealing, 7/10 Esp users are gonna LOVE this one
  • Love, 0/10 Please Vetex im begging you don’t do this to us please please please please please please please
  • Warding, 8/10 Im starting to see how people could lowkey make entire potion-related builds for support
  • Insanity, 7.5/10 annoy the fuck out of people (do a rather small amount of tomfoolery)
  • Invisiblity, 8/10 I can finally play for 30 minutes without getting shanked by some random
  • Mystery, 10/10 I have crippling gambling addiction
  • Ironskin, 7/10 IS THAT A TERRARIA REFRECE
  • Burning, 7/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable
  • Tide, 7.5/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable
  • Corroding, 6.5/10 Literally acid for non-acid users
  • Melting, 6/10 Literally magma for non-magma users
  • Frost, 8/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable
  • Gale, 8/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable
  • Smoke, 7/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the entire map untraversable
  • Electric, 7.5/10 I quite like the idea of making an artificial storm build (I can also complete my Marisa Kirasame build)
  • Magic energy potion think, 7/10 cool but it should give potion sickness
  • Blinding, 9/10 Me and the boys on our way to throw blidning potions and people trying to fight Iris
  • Poison, 10/10 POISON #1!!!
  • Scorch, 6.5/10 Leaked magic?
  • Desert, 8/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable
  • Arctic, 8/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable
  • Volcanic, 7/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable
  • Clearsight, 9.5/10 FINALLY IM SO TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE IN THE NIGHT LETS FUCKING GOOOO
  • Energizing, 7/10 I can’t wait to be able to run infinitely across the map
  • Luck, 10/10 Spongebob Squarepants - I Don't Need It - YouTube
  • Slowness, 6.5/10, annoy people 2, the electric boogaloo
  • Shark Summoner, 8.5/10 Me and the boys on our way to make the spawn island untraversable (and farm materials)
  • Interchange, 10/10 “Can i have interchange plzzz??” (only real ones will understand the joke)
  • Agility, 7.5/10 standard
3 Likes

diving ocupation is REAL!

do you want me to grind out those as well while I get wormhole potions :sleeper:

1 Like

My turn to rank every potion

-Water breathing: 5/10 useful for diving but not much else. Average magic, will use.
-Harming: 7/10 deals decent damage likely but I don’t know how hard it is to throw potions and if you can splash yourself with one.
-Bleeding: 3/10 just use a stupid sword. I can see a mage using it but the synergy bonus isn’t that good in most cases. Also if they dodge away from the potion it’s wasted.
-healing: 9/10 I will use this one a lot. I’ll probably spend a lot of time gathering the ingredients. Even if I can’t chug them constantly I have ideas of how I can make them most effective. Perhaps drinking one right when you get below how much it can heal?
-shark repel: 7/10 If you don’t like sharks its useful, early game and when diving I’ll use these a lot. Wonder if it works on White-eyes?
-power: 10/10 Oh yes please, more damage? Yes!
-revealing: 7/10 I’d use this to find secret chests or areas on islands.
-love: 4/10 This magic could be useful but also annoying. Makes it so that another npc or player can’t hit you. I could see a low lvl likely like 60 using this against a higher-level player so that player cannot kill them.
-Warding: 10/10 Why wouldn’t you use this? You can basically negate the effects of insanity 1. This’ll make the dark sea much more traversable and also make islands that grant insanity less scary.
-Insanity: 2/10 Don’t see myself using this except for trolls.
-invisibility: 9/10 OH I will use this. Also see guids using this to capture islands by sneaking on then killing the players there or just hiding.
-mystery: 4/10 random effect. Can’t wait to get insanity when I chug this.
-ironskin: 8/10 you take less damage but become slower? I see vitality builds using this because they already have plenty of health so why not make it even harder to kill them?
-burning: 4/10 This is useful for synergies or smoke screens but I don’t see myself using it.
-tide: 8/10 I’d love to use this in sea battles but hate to have it used against me.
-corroding: 4/10 same reasoning as burning.
-melting: 4/10 same reasoning as corroding.
-frost: 8/10 instantly freeze someone solid or if you soaked them then freeze them solid. This’ll be very useful for heavy hitting magic builds. I see myself using this for funsies as well.
-gale: 9/10 I don’t know what to say. This can be used in so many ways. Launching yourself to dodge attacks, get to further areas in the sky, and sea combat are a few. Tornados also do massive damage the longer you’re in them so summoning one is very powerful.
-smoke: 6/10 I’d use this in clan wars or running from players much higher-level than me and that’s about it.
-electric: 6/10 Become Zeus and smite your enemies? Why not.
-blinding: 3/10 troll potion.
-poison: 4/10 same reasoning as melting
-scorch: 4/10 same reasoning as poison
-desert: 7/10 Why bother fighting when you can make a wall of sand and run away?
-arctic: 8/10 the snowy effect could allow for giving players the frozen effect. Similar to desert bu better overall synergy wise.
-volcanic: 8/10 AoE petrification? Yes please.
-clearsight: 6/10 I’d use this when just adventuring, it’s useful to have when diving and night-time becomes less bothersome.
-energizing: 10/10 I’d love energy regen, it would make weapon combat so much better. Being able to attack more often or cast spells quicker.
-luck: 10/10 likely the most used potion other than healing. Depending on how hard the ingredients are to get this potion will probably be a sought after resource.
-slowness: 5/10 If you hit a player who uses rush and dodge tactics it’ll be a lot better but You’d hate to have it used on you.
-shark summoner: 1/10 Not really any point except grinding
-intercharge: 6/10 I’m likely not gonna use this potion ever if at all but for new players who put all their stats equally but wanted to play a certain class I could see the want for it.
-agility: 7/10 speed builds just got speedier

I take it as a yes, thank god armoured cavefish are findable in the same place specular fish are, I just need the other ingredient