Pour one out for the runners and mosquitos

time to stack up on invis 1 potions for maximum wimpyness

I didn’t even think about this.
Doesn’t this mean that half of my weapon skills are just useless for me now?

mages on the way to having the best out of combat movement

4 Likes

Overall for this change personally im not affected by it too much if im gonna be honest.

Agility is almost always the first stat i prioritize anyways. So a little more investment, paired w/ T5 Agility Potions, isn’t really going to hurt me too much.

It’s going to make climbing Othrys (especially considering the dimensional mirror to the void at night.), getting out of the water, getting onto a boat, a bit annoying now that i can’t mirrior river my way up but i can manage somehow.

not really on topic but could someone direct me to an invite link to the balance doc discord server?
I saw this post and was about to go read the document but i cant find it in my servers anymore for some reason.

Unless you’re “pvping” :nerd_face:

The thing that pisses me off more than anything about this change is that these apply OUT OF COMBAT.

YOU
CANT
USE THIS SHIT
UNLESS YOUR FIGHTING A PLAYER

no specification on npcs either

So if what I read tells me right.

CRASH SIMPLY WONT WORK
EVER

Bosses will move too much for your wrist to aim

You literally can never use crash.

AND THATS IMPLYING IT STILL WORKS ON NPCS

This has to be the second worst update vetex has tried to add in the last year.

Second only to the non consensual inv wipe. But that one is historically bad.

And if i get into any fights i can do what i listed above. which is now out date, again…

And if it comes down to it i’ll just become the most horrendous thing the meta can produce just to make someone that thinks of fighting me have a bad time ig.

U know it~

Im pretty sure they’re included as well just that they didn’t account for ppl taking the words literally.

Edit:
Cause there’s no way Vetex is going to make it be that way exactly and mostly just reference a Player/Npc Entity. If there isnt one then it doesn’t work, if there is then it does work.

1 Like

when it comes to balance changes and stuff like this
word choice is very very important.

there should never be gaps to fill.

(much like rules.)

4 Likes

Agreed, just have someone mention that they need to add in the fact it’ll only work against Player/Npc Enemies to not get an unintended outburst/backlash.

Afterall all these changes are STC cause it’s a Balancing Change/Proposal

Regardless of the implication this is still a dogshit update that never should’ve been brought up.

TESTERS, PLAYED THE GAME, AND MULTIPLE.

FUCKING MULTIPLE

PEOPLE THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA.

This forces people to get speed jewels and get agility armors. Since overall travel upwards is now delayed by 80%

But hey… all for that banger pvp IG :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Woo I love being forced into systems and mechanics I not only couldn’t care less about but also actively dislike participating in instead of doing the things in the game that I actually enjoy
(everything else)

As far as I’m concerned, pvp doesn’t even have a reward!!!
fame doesn’t mean shit to me!!!
yay!!!

me when lag makes a t jump take 4 seconds to charge

2 Likes

Agility Jewels are likely going to see a rise in use, yes. (Especially given this. I fully anticipate this change.)

For armors i’d say enchants would take over first and foremost. But yes there is a likely probability that someone will be pushed/pressed into going for a piece that gives direct agility stats.

Yeah so it’s basically forcing people into going an agility build.

Look. I like agility. But I don’t wanna have to RELY on it.

This update is seeming to wanna make me (and likely others) HAVE to rely on it.

That’s

NOT

a good thing.

I hate it when you’re forced to have x thing to be viable.

in this case, now it’s a touch of agility along with the usual horrible power and defense

I hate how those two stats are so dominant that every other stat is a “secondary” stat when realistically may as well just delete the other stats, would solve a lot of issues with pvp

2 Likes

Fair.

For me it’s the opposite since i like doing a “Always in ur face” approach when it comes to fighting. And it’s always nice to be able to zoom around places, I love being fast.

But Pvp isn’t a priority whatsoever for me in AO atm and im not bored of the other features and future Pve ones to really touch it too much.

Definitely a change. Can’t fully tell how I feel about it since I haven’t seen it in action /used it myself, but currently I don’t I side with it.

Movement abilities had a plethora of uses; traversal (especially vertically), positioning yourself in a battle to gain height advantage, dodging attacks in mid-air, and more. With these changes all of these will be things that warriors, warlords, juggernauts, & knights will virtually be completely unable to do, and all other builds will be much less effective at doing them.

I understand that the current way it works proves to be a problem in PvP, but sacrificing so much else just for the sake of combat might not be the greatest solution, especially since the air movement in AO usually felt really nice to have.

As much as hardcore pvpers seem to want to deny it.
Every fight that happens that isn’t pre-planned is going to be skewed in one player’s direction because they’re simply better/worse equipped.
This isn’t a “might be” an unbalanced fight, this is a “will be” an unbalanced fight.

I literally said that multiple times while campaigning for defense and power to be lowered in how much you get.

it is impossible to win a fight without either of those if the opponent is meta. Not a “skill issue” as some said, but IMPOSSIBLE to win. You simply cannot do nearly enough damage in enough time without dying from taking 4 280 damage hits before the enemy regens

1 Like