Pour one out for the runners and mosquitos

I dunno, when your opponent drinks a perfect power potion, eats a regen 5 meal, has a full set of perfect gems with max secondary rolls, and a fully enchanted set of boss armor.

Surely the fight will be fair when you just grabbed a couple pieces of scrap out of the nearest armor chest and called it a day!!!

Surely skill will matter!!!

1 Like

they then eventually said that ā€œI just want meme builds to be viableā€ because of course if itā€™s not defense or power itā€™s a meme

they then say crap like I ā€œhave never played an rpg game everā€

people need to realize that having a fun build doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a meme build

I very much agree with this but at the same time that one instance of me beating a 490k Renown Syndicate Player that couldā€™ve folded me easily. Lost to me twice and got sent down to 460k Renown and cried about it.

Which is where this image comes from:

Honestly nudges me to think otherwise at timesā€¦ When itā€™s very much the case. lol

Edit:
I had this when i fought them and they did like twice my dmg (~230+) if ur ever curious

Also indeed

nah, of course if the opponent is 7 years old you can win

Like I said, skewed.
The sweatiest and most dedicated pvp players could in theory just parry every attack and not give a shit about whatever youā€™re doing and stomp you without even using armor.

And ironically enough.
This is also why ā€œNo build is truly badā€

Because in the end.
Itā€™s not your build that determines your power.

Itā€™s your armor and skill.

And itā€™s a perfect 50:50 because youā€™re absolutely fucked if you donā€™t have both. Let alone either.

1 Like

ok this is just ridiculous

2 Likes

???

Did they just delete it?

ok on 2nd thought it doesnt sound good at all, how will the game figure out if im ā€œfacing a playerā€ or not like what if i use a flash strike but the next frame the opponent is behind me or above me im just gonna not get the distance out of it for no reason? also i assumed this would only apply in pvpā€¦but then i remembered the genius of npcs giving the same combat tag as players for whatever reason

sounded ok at first, sounds shitty and janky when you think about it for more than a second

1 Like

wtf??? why??? thats like saying greenwish should match with iron staff in dmg???

whyd they make my shiny sharp poison tooth dagger blunt :sob:

it seems not

vetex L

2 Likes

likewise

who put these mfs on the balancing teamā€¦ im gonna have to have a word with themā€¦

2 Likes

why though ? ? ? this seems so pointless and just makes the game more tedious when it comes to moving around in certain areas

yaā€™ll are just getting fucked with lol the leap and airstep shit is fake

yeah i checked the doc after thinking about it for more than 1 second, was about to edit my comment

i cant believe i got lied to on the internet

1 Like

personally dislike this change and i genuinely hope it doesnt go through but i mean hey, now i can use spiraling fury to actually hit the enemy

Fluect worded a response to the controversy around this change far better than Iā€™d be interested to since Iā€™m not even home rn, hereā€™s the gist of it if you care to give it a read.