Predict what the meta will be

No he is not

2 Likes

Fighting styles will definitely be fun to use, though to make the most of some of them you need to be precise and hit your blows when they matter most. Also need to be abusing fighting styles’s high speed to your advantage.

oh. hmmmmm I thought he was

I 1v1’d a tester fairly recently in WoM. While it was a different game and he lost 8/10 times he was still fairly competent and he was fairly rusty due to inactivity.

Obviously not a direct 1:1 it’s fair to say the average tester is at least competent at pvp and not an explosion spamming 20 blast using beam head that we often see out of new people at pvp. I myself ain’t even “good”, subpar imo, but still I wouldn’t exactly say they aren’t pvpers.

You really need not look any further than the AO pvp clips out there. Doesn’t speak for all testers but the ones we do see can pop off.

So yeah that’s my two cents on this discussion.

I could take on either of those guys easy.

Fighting styles: Thermo, sailor (?)
Weapons: Rapier, Sunken sword (?), Staff (?)
Magic: Wind, Explosion (?), Water

1 Like

Same If I got on my water file

Don’t they get countered by a regular full sized blast?

Yep

1 Like

magic for support doe :sunglasses::+1:

Warlock on top :muscle:

1 Like

ice conjurer is gonna be good i think - especially with sunken sword rising tide freezing instantly

With just popularity alone, I’d say Mage would be the most common, because majority is familiar with it (and probably best for passive PVE as well)

Though at this point, no one really knows for sure

Warriors w/ their instruments being forgotten

tbh im gonna go with knight for my first file since it just sounds cool idk

Magic is better as their options such as Placed Explosion, Beam, and Blast are some of the best at range in the game. They certainly don’t need to make magics reduce HP regen. They already have a grab move, Snare. Snare at the current moment is the most free grab with good size, better damage than a majority of weapons, and little endlag to combo through. They also have Aura for a free buff in either Resistance, Power, Speed, Size, or just a hitbox surrounding you (Bursting Aura isn’t the best but yeah the rest are good as hell.) It lasts a whole minute with only a 15 second cooldown.

Weapons are in my opinion, the worst ever since some Changes happened. Guns all have 1 grab each, which limits weapon setups as you have to sacrifice sharing cooldowns with it. M1s aren’t actually instant as they still have travel time, and it’s skills have pretty long cooldown and mediocre reward apart from Piercing Shot (which has a good damage). Flash Strike doesn’t even go as far as a dash, letting you take that opportunity to zone better and punish. The damage isn’t too good and tries to be a hybrid of an approach tool and a damage tool, succeeding at neither. The endlag part was due to high Attack Speed. Attack Speed only affects Startup now, but since most attacks don’t really have travel time, it feels like its missing something compared to something like Magic.

Fighting Styles are in a nice place at the moment. They do have nice movement, but have more restrictive range and still prone to having to rely on Shot or try to close distance with Crash or dashes. Rising Tide is honestly one move thats hard to synergize with other weapons, as it has a grab and an attack that shares cooldown with other moves like Flash Strike and Mirrored River. It has fine startup and good reward, but it’s not a skill I’d say benefits heavily. Leap/Airstep has the advantage of having a reliable cooldown as once you touch the ground, you get it back instantly. Rising Tide has about a 6 second cooldown, and forces you to predictably dash to your opponent to use it. It is not as good as it probably seems on paper.

22 Likes

Thanks for the AO meta synopsis :nod:

2 Likes

will weapons be rebalanced to be on par with magic and fighting styles?

probably the meta can easily change
its not like weapons arent viable its just worse imo