[PRETTY IMPORTANT] The future of roblox audio... it's not great

A new update was announced on the devforum. And it is possibly the most controversial.

Roblox tries to make it sound great by adding that you can now upload free audios, 10, 100 or 2000 a month depending on your ID verification or DevEx. This already causes problems as people with 10/month can’t spend robux anymore to upload 10+ audios a month.

And then, here we go, All audios will be private and only accessible by the creator. This essentially means every single audio, past and future, are now locked away. Gone. Not even usable with boomboxes.

Let’s continue shall we?
Games will be emptied of their sound starting on March 22nd. The only way to fix this is if the developers of games upload the audios used them self, which, again is a problem with the upload limit.
Many games will have a void of music, especially games with creators absent from Roblox.

And worse, copyright! It’s even worse! The only music not under threat are the ones Roblox have posted, which are all royalty free shite.

I’m a developer myself, I’ve made parkour maps which only work with the Background Music. Me and many others in this category are in major trouble. We cant work with our maps either using royalty free music or simple silence.
thank god i’m not a rhythm game dev

Roblox is screwed. They make worse and worse updates. I thank all those people on the devforum thread arguing towards roblox. This shouldn’t be happening.

25 Likes

Please do spread this information all over. This is a major problem for roblox’s games.

Roblox Executives working 10 hours a day to brainstorm the worst updates possible

30 Likes

Wanna get even worse?
They want to do the same with images, meshes and models.
Roblox is absolutely fucked man.

how the hell would they even do that with models?

Mass ban everybody whose ever made a game with a seperate modeler?
“lol your entire game map is fucking gone because your modeler made it”???

Hmm…

strange, worked for me, although there are reports of the site breaking.
that’s how mad people are.

Roblox reached rock bottom, then figured out how to break bedrock

Bruh they’re so stupid though :skull:

2 Likes

Honestly, this is just a really awful change for Roblox to bring about at this stage. Legit gonna-lose-profits-from-this bad.

If they had done this from the start it would be a lot more reasonable, but this isn’t just a change you shove into a platform like that with short notice. Yet another case of Roblox developers needing to cope with the platform’s trash updates that nobody asked for.

14 Likes

Roblox staff and devs are idiots.

the least they could do is use their billions for something like I don’t know, upgrading servers and stuff

but no, Baszucki needs his 10,000 useless ads

I feel especially bad for games that rely heavily on sound, i.e. horrors games such as The Mimic, because it means the creator will have to reupload hundreds of those audio files and depending on their upload limit, it could take several months.

yes its a joke

NEWS: THEY ARE LISTENING : D
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/the-marketplace-is-a-mess-a-lack-of-monetisation-and-communication-between-roblox-and-marketplace-developers-is-inhibiting-its-ability-to-grow/1703173/7

and then it’s gone…
Any screenshots?

1 Like

THERE IS HOPE!!!

I don’t have acesess to forum, can you send screenshots

Brainstorming the worst ideas, while still ignoring issues that have pertained for years now.

the-w

Turns out this is roblox’s panic response to a 200 million dollar lawsuit over the absolutely crazy about of copyright infringements on the platform.

That doesn’t leave them with much choice, honestly.