Prometheus acrimony lore

so we all have been worrying about the effects of making an acrimony into a potion(stat reset) but we never thought about the lore of why it exists all i know about it is that it is supposed to symbolize prometheus’s anger resentment or bitterness so discuss about it here! hypothetically ofc

2 Likes

it doesn’t exist in lore, and i think cryonical said the name was from an island idea they had

4 Likes

Think of a reason why it could exist hypothetically.

born of prometheus’ regret of having succumbed to cursebeard’s threats and creating the sea curses, a special clover grew from the spot where he was buried, symbolising his wish to restart and take it all back

4 Likes

my idea is it would just be a fancy name, the same way you would have goofy looking fruit irl named some cool shit like ‘dragonfruit’
it would be named ‘acrimony’ due to being similar to regret, its effect reversing your regretted build choice
canonically its nonexistent but if it wasnt then i would assume it would let you convert your skill into another similar to a rokakaka fruit from jjba (you can get something in exchange for another, the example given being a guy wishing for his leg back in exchange for his eyesight)

1 Like

it’s just a glowy clover which was named Prometheus’ Acrimony, because he’d probably not like a flower which allows you to reassign stat points considering he’s the god of foresight and all

Name of dude who gave us magic + Island name or Bitterness = No lore

(mabye…?)

4 Likes

bro spent all his stat resets and got jumped by cursebeard :sob:

Wait really? Can you provide a source?

Couldn’t find any of the direct statements from vetex but this is from cryonical so next best thing:

1 Like

Beautiful ngl

its supposed to be iff it was in the lore like creating fake lore for it based off of current lore

Basically prometheus was using it as a…Nevermind.

There’s no lore I just thought it was cool and seemed kind of appropriate for the interchange reagent.

If there IS lore, then I don’t know what it is, but vetex has said that prometheus’ acrimony doesnt exist in canon

we be makin hypothetical lore for it yk like IF it was actually implemented into the lore