Proposed Balance Changes for Guild Update

Proposed Balance Changes for Guild Update
effort 0.0 0 quality 0.0 0 reasonability 0.0 0

Yes but as I said that only factors in the DoT, doesn’t account for the base damage, which in this case, Paper wins out.

Glass magic doesn’t have a bleed synergy like acid so acid would just be a better version of glass, not to mention paper dealing the same damage as well. Maybe just keep it at 0.9 and have paper do the slightly less .875 in exchange for speed.

It’s fairly easy to punish someone spamming high jump by just baiting an attack using a placed explosion and if they fall for the bait, throwing daggers. If they don’t, repeat. Eventually even tank builds will die if all they do is high jump.

Yes but “trash but slightly better than other trash” doesn’t imply the same as average. “I’m below average IQ but still smarter than that guy” doesn’t boost your IQ to average suddenly.

im not saying making the combat fully grounded, but make players land more often and give options such as dodge.

1 Like

Bruh what tf did plasmas clash rates get buffed cause i remember them being trash

Dodging is coming later down the road because dodging with these tiny blasts would make the only way to hit be placed explosions/beams.

1 Like

Plasma always had decent clashes, guess you just got unlucky with who you fought.

what do you mean i clearly remember plasmas clashes being trash and i go back to look and they got buffed or something

Good point you got there tho

Plasma wins 10 and ties 2, those are the average values. Paper literally wins 1 single clash and ties 1 more for a grand total of 2 wins+ties.

No but i am sure that i remember plasma had 5 positive clashes last time i looked.Now that i look again plasma and paper are pretty fair

Bro you’re not gonna clash in a fight rn, that’s what makes paper busted. You’re legit only gonna clash 2% of the time.

Aren’t you the same retard who thought I’d be dookie after the first bow nerf? Also I’m not salty, please stop claiming shit like you always do :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, you’re also the same man who said you use female avatars because you like looking at the ass of a lego character no?

Where on planet Earth did I say clashing is valuable in the current state of the game, I’ve always said the exact opposite probably since the game’s release.

Maybe you were thinking of Fire, which does only win 5.

I agree with weapon scaling with destruction making the stat more useful.

For weapons and magic balancing, I have no expertise to argue for either side. However, due to the mass content and changes that the TGR will contain, I believe that these changes, with agreed edits, should be moved forward. Vetex can continue to balance out these changes in future updates. However, in order to do so, something big like this needs to happen.

Solid Magic Jumps
The simple summary of this change is to make magic jumps the same for all magics. I have not experienced or met anyone who was able to infinitely jump. However, I see the reason to have this change due to balancing magics. The con of this change is removing the unique trait of solid magic jumps.

Solid magic jumps should also have a higher cooldown to use compared to non-solid magic jumps. If the quote below is correct, all type of magic jumps was nerfed.

Why couldn’t the duration of solid magic jumps be increased, creating platforms for both opponents, but have the castrate be lowered?

Solid magic jumps should actually be reworked completely if we want to keep them unique. With these two ideas, these platforms can be used by both players and create a destructible shield.

1. Platforms/Islands which move
  2. Pillars erupting from the ground

Coming from someone who doesn’t use magic and who’s primary kit is sunken sword, castlian sword, and oathkeeper, I mostly agree with these changes.

However;

I disagree with:

• the Great Spin cooldown nerf. It already is very punishable if you use it, especially considering self explosions have little to no cooldown in comparison.
  • rising tide cast time nerf
  • removing Raging Storm clashing. It should clash like magic does; advantage against some magics like wind, disadvantage against others like gold.
  • Plasma scorch nerf
  • Magic High Jump cooldown nerf

It’s not that punishable as it has less than half the endlag of a self explosion.

Rising tide is quite literally almost 100% unpunishable with its current cast time

The other stuff makes sense.

I disagree with a 0.75 cast time; a slightly longer cast time would be good, but 0.75 is a lot.

That’s still less than self explosions