Proposed Intensity Rework Thoughts Thread

The whole energy thing is because Spirit Weapons will not use energy, they will use health as their energy. That is why you gain health from investing in Vitality, rather than energy.

So thats the gimmick? Players have a lot of questions, but this isn’t the right topic for 'em. Maybe giving us more info…

It’s all been discussed offhandedly here and there by Vetex and other testers, but all quite scattered. Probably not best to clutter this thread, but I’d be happy to discuss somewhere else.

Let’s go! Incredibly excited to see Intensity get its identity. The black sheep of the stat family is coming back strong. Though I do understand how much of a tall order this is. You have to make sure intensity does something unique for everyone- which unlike other stats could make it an absolute nightmare to keep track of.

That being said, it would be nice to see some benefits for building high in the stat, other than the regulars of course. My only idea would be status effect tiers (IE, having 100 intensity makes a fire mage deal Fire 2 instead of regular fire (+50% damage on top of whatever intensity bonus) Totally unnecessary since the plan is to already have intensity give more status damage.

Anyway, my curiosity was piqued with the spirit weapon talk earlier, and I would love to learn more. Despite being one of the four core combat options- we know next to nothing about it besides that it burns health to attack.

finally something that affects dot damage, i can farm kai easier now

We’re going to be pushing for Intensity to have an invest bonus similar to Agility, presuming this passes fine. More info on that as it comes.

Let’s make a thread somewhere, then. I’d be happy to talk about what I know.

I just remembered one cool WoM feature. Is glass magic still leaving glass shards after attacks?

In past times, they were large chunks of glass dealing damage to anyone touching them except the user. If you use Explosion spell with Shockwave shape in WoM, it will create a ton of huge glass panels, this helped in defeating the most powerful enemies at low levels.

I wonder will new Intensity affect size and damage of glass shards? If so, there will be appearing defense + intensity only glass magic builds with main battle advantage being covering surroundings with these “landmines” without directly fighting opponents. I see this worth existing.

Has the balancing team considered making intenisty effect stat scaling?

Any chance glass plates are buffed or their spread reduced? Each time they spawn they just fly away, Glass has the worst area denial in the game rn, Acid, Magma, Ash and Poison are all better

its call environmental hazards and they are still very much a thing yes

intensity increase the size but not dmg of cloud and puddles, dunno about glass shards tho

If that so, let’s get ready for hazard-based builds

Vetex wants to give the stat its own identity. Not to mention, having a stat that buffs your other stats is very counterintuitive when what you spend on Intensity should just be invested into the stats you want to become stronger anyways.

2 Likes

this sounds really interesting, hopefully not as absurd though

Hopefully if this goes ahead the intenstiy given by charged is increased because with current scaling 18 intensity is not a lot

Mode potency should stay in my opinion.

The only Modes not currently standardized (same always, unaffected by Magic / Style / Intensity) are Resistance and Speed, both of which will likely be standardized in time.

HOLY SHIT YES PLEASE

Imagine using energy bar instead of hp :fr:

Intensity buffing crystal 4th hit from 30 to 40%

These are wonderful changes that should’ve been here from the start.

How does this effect crystalized status? Is that a catalyst, or considered something else?