Pulsar is a bit better then the other two Rare Options

They are all supposed to be the ‘equal’ rare items but Vindicators level requirements are way too high to be useful, even to warriors- and Axe Slash, while decent, is more of a sidegrade to shot with more range then something that feels truly special like Pulsar.

In fact, Pulsar is so different from the average spell that it feels more like a Lost Spell to me. It offers some decent mix up to how you approach fighting as well, with a huge zoning spell that works best on slower magics.

So in comparison, it feels like Pulsar should cost more to learn/use than Axe-Slash and the Vindicator. I don’t know, maybe I’m just crazy. Just wanted to drum up discussion on the subject anyway.

1 Like

yea pulsar is brokenly overpowered compared to the other two.

It’s getting rebalanced in the upcoming update

‘a bit’ LOL

5 Likes

maybe because it’s a lost spell ? what ?

If pulsar is this unique as a rare spell imagine lost spells

Its a rare spell not a lost

same thing

No they arent

Lost is the next tier up

must be out my mind considering rare spells are not on the trello at all and lost spells have the exact same mechanics but alr

No lost spells in game rn check trello

Tbh not sure it’s been added to trello

“a bit”
vindicator being the worst weapon in the game (lmao!)
axe slash being worse than shot
pulsar being almost unbeatable by any class that isnt mage

the only thing vind has going for it is that it’s a true anti-air option , even if you block/parry crushing judgement it still sends you straight down , but dmg straight ass and just not enough unlocked from it rn

axe slash is fine as is , doesn’t need a buff it’s honestly what a rare technique should be , good for covering landings and doesn’t really take much aim for decent damage and alright at finishing combos

pulsar gutting cannot come soon enough

Well I uhhh, didn’t want to be too overzealous with it.

They literally are not equal, at least Axe-Slash abd Pulsar. Axe has a lower skill requirement. A Berserker can have Axe on both fighting styles while Mages can only have Pulsar on their first magic. Keep in mind just about every stat requirement for Berserk is also +30 because they get M1s.

I could be wrong as my only source is my friend, who is a mage, and idk how many points in vitality she has or if she didn’t have another pulsar scroll. But, going off of what I know, they are not equal. Some rare spells will require 90 points while some will require 200; just how it is, not all are equal.

Ax Slash actually costs as much to learn as Pulsar does (160), suggesting by design these two are both of equal value and equal usefulness.

Axe is 150 isn’t it? Also, again, keep in mind techniques require +30 more since m1s. Idk if it applies to rare techniques but no reason to assume it doesn’t.

I just hopped on my Warlock who has a scroll to check and it IS 160. I won’t be able to learn it for quite some time since more of my points went into magic.

just because Pulsar is overtuned does not mean axe slash is underpowered

berserker is the only class that can obtain it rn which puts it in a difficult spot due to berserker having a pretty dogshit awakening and rushdown playstyle being so weak as it stands

the actual technique itself is solid