Pulsar is a bit better then the other two Rare Options

W/ thermo fist also burn is very inconsistent

If you are close to them yes, it isn’t a quick move so if you can predict a landing then good yeah it could do this role fine.

My major complaint was that it doesn’t fit into Berserker’s designed playstyle, rushdown. Berserkers should not be trying to maintain distances. It does this too, ranged chip damage.

Smash not doing 500 damage + easily punishable, especially if you do get 500 damage w/ multi.

Overall the functionality of it opposes what Berserkers should be doing, playing a rushdown playstyle. It’s what their kit should be fitted for. It is really just a retextured primal swipe. Not many options, not complex at all. It is functionally opposed and too simple. If it had more options then maybe it’d be different. Just how I see it though, my two cents.

hooray

Off topic, but another area I think berserkers could use some help in is boss fights. Its monumentally harder to kill bosses like say, Calvus, on a berserker compared to a mage. (Some like Argos are a cakewalk though)

I mean as much as I’d love to agree , rushdown is not viable as it stands and you will fold completely against any players with a cranium that’s grown beyond their collarbone by trying to play it this way

axe slash and shot zoning w crash for mobility is the best way to play FS in v1.11, no contest

meant moreso 20% crash into smash which will def deal 500 or more but yea smash endlag is obnoxious as it stands

pulsar tutorial: press button when bad guy on screen
:+1:

1 Like

idc bout pve honestly but if they’re gunna do anything they should remove the mechanic where when your m1s get blocked you’re stunned for like half a second , genuinely no clue why that is even in the game in the first place

It’s not complex but feels unique compared to regular spells

1 Like

From Vetex’s perspective, it might be because fighting style users can have OBSCENE dps on bosses without being stunned. Like, I’m a warlock who can shred upwards of 1200 health off of Elius when he’s grounded.

I believe a could compromise is that bosses shouldn’t be able to PARRY because that’s annoying. Parry stuns you longer and it even works on mages. I hate being pushed back because the boss randomly rolled a parry and now I’m stuck in his attack range.

the way npcs block and parry in this game could honestly have a thread of its own but yea ig you got a point , at bare minimum I think the 20% damage res you have in crash after v1.12 should help in pve a bit

It isn’t, I know, I main Berserker. I primarially play a rushdown style and lose 90% of my 1s because of it. I’m very aware. But how FS’ are played now is not how it should be played, it isn’t designed for that. It’s akin to using a shield as a weapon.

Meant complex in functionality. Zone has, y’know, options and a purpose. Area denial. It is good at this, even if you nerfed it, what it’s objective is is more complex than a straight forward attack and it’s customibility allows it to be more complex. Axe-Slash has 3 options and one of them is locked. It is on par w/ Blast. That is not complex at all.

implying that slow pulsar isn’t busted at the moment
Also yeah i read the post, it hits like a planned late game stuff that roblox can’t normally handle compared to the other 2

ancient spells :skull:

i don’t like zone because i think it’ll be used by guilds to just exponentially scale their power with stuff like water/ice zone or multiple crystal zones (do crystal stacks from different people stack?)

heck it makes the “level 1000 goes to nimbus sea and kills everyone” problem even worse, now the max level has LINGERING damage that hits an entire island, they can’t just be arrested to stop their reign of terror instantly

also, pulsar’s impact damage seems to make people throw it directly at someone within flash-strike range to almost certainly hit them with ONE pulse and the impact damage, not hit them with multiple pulses with a flyby projectile

they all have tiers

rare, lost, and ancient. Just like magic elements and fighting styles (though I think they should have different names to stop confusion)

no such thing as ancient fighting styles

i wouldnt say they are really supposed to be equal, those are just 2 rare spell/technique out of the many more to come

axe slash is just supposed to be one of the rare ranged options for berserkers so i guess it has to be worse than a blast to not turn them into zoners. its a buff to their long range issues
meanwhile pulsar should have been kind of a modified blast, its just clearly broken rn due to a balance patch last minute

oh and the weapon sucks because, as i know, its damage scales with how close it is to its max level, which we cant reach yet

I know this, your semantic information has some strange bounds lol

Lost fighting styles like impact and radius fish will have some sort of system that upgrades them to ancient fighting styles

well yea I only read the trello and I did not tap in like at all during 2022 , my bad for missing out on lost spell scrolls being turned into rare + lost + ancient spell scrolls w/o showing up on there

ON GOD BRUH
VINDICATOR HAS LIKE 240 and 270 SKILL REQUIREMENTS :broken_heart:
AAXESLASH IS JUST SHOT BUT DEGRADED

in v1.12 vindicator’s level req will be lowered to 80 which means seismic rift can be used