Put your spiciest PVP opinions here

Remember to respect peoples opinions (Who am I kidding, GO NUTS!)

Heres mine to start things off: I think blocking/parrying was a mistake
It just makes fights longer, emphasizes ping difference, people only really just press G after every attack, and the only reason I think it should stay is because it blocks grabs

It would be an interesting concept to see how Vetex could make AO with zero PVP. What exactly would change? What would remain the same?

4 Likes

power and defense should be heavily lowered in amount from gear

2 Likes

Ooh, thats a hot take. Why do you think so?

1 Like

cause it’s literally something you need on EVERY build for it to be viable. Make all the funny builds you want but unless the opponent is genuinely a GPO player there’s zero chance you’re beating 1700hp+ 200+ damage meta slaves without any power nor defense, even if you’re a parry god.

6 Likes

Stat scaling for stats aside from Power and Defense should be mostly linear instead of logarithmic (?), with some eventual downscaling. We’re going to get to the point, likely as soon as the Nimbus Sea, where you can have enough of every single stat to notice a decent or large effect whilst hardly sacrificing Power or Defense. These stats should be viable alternatives to Power and Defense, not stuff to worry about afterwards.

5 Likes

iron leg is lame

1 Like

The leaderboard for both clans and bounty should be soft reset every month.

both at 100k.
Let’s small and upcoming clans catch up, makes the leaderboard not 100% impossible to reach after a mere month.

Also makes the badges for it more obtainable and free for people to reach.

7 Likes

new emperor of the sea method

• wait for monthly reset
  • break a building
  • get 0.0% completion badge

gg

3 Likes

only issue with this would be deckhands but those are a terrible feature anyway

1 Like

could just like add a buffer time before you can get the titles/badges

yea not a bad idea , idk about infamy since I’ve always pictured that as more of a long-term pursuit (most of the recent infamy changes have no real purpose if it would be reset every month) but a monthly reset on bounties could keep things fresh

1 Like

Not spicey, 0/10

Heavy magics feel almost useless outside of explosions and beams- attacks designed to be fast or hard to avoid. In a speed meta, there is no place for slow magics.

Fighting Styles are fundamentally harder to play due almost all of their attacks requiring EXACT aim if your target is in the air. (With Shockwave being the one and only exception).

I’m sure I’ll think up somethin’ spicier given time.

3 Likes

swap the speed of thermo and boxing

if for some reason thermo is the dedicated fast fighting style (which should be boxing, fight me), half its bleed synergy and remove its self synergy

add a -0.1 speed multiplier when imbuing fighting styles on weapons

2 Likes

Scalding is unviable and need to be buffed hard, those builds don’t have enough of an identity for themselves.

3 Likes

Make blast amount slowly scale down your size instead of literally telling you to make it 20/20 because full penalty hits on 2 shots

Also make crash smash you into the ground if it doesn’t hit anything

1 Like

wind conjurer is a w build

Really? Couldn’t you just put KB gems on your regular acid conj and be able to do the same thing?

prior to the weapon changes, warrior was the braindead build of the game
that title now belongs to berserker
all they do is airstall and spam shot/axe-slash with thermo
mind you ive also run into a berserker who dealt ungodly sideways knockback with his axe slash and always got to land a free shot after it (mind you his axe slash was also basically undodgeable)
berserker literally fries all of your braincells within seconds of using it in pvp
(oh and before i forget, ironskin gel was a mistake)