Question about lore (Prometheus giving out magic)

In lore document it just said thaT “giving the gifto f Magic to humans” and “he grants the individual human more magic power”
But im a bit confused here. Does that just means that he gave them more mana, or like giving magic element?
And if he gave out elements, does that mean that there were equal chance of getting something like the original 7 magics (fire, lightning, light, water, earth, shadow, wind) and something like Slash, Blizzard, Sand, Scorch?

he give them the ability to use primordial magic not agumented lile tue ones we have rn

primordial magic is basically soft magic system aka what the gods used ( along with their “will” )

is primordial magic known as “soul casting”?

Primordial magic is simply the original form in which humans used to use magic. Magic just simply evolved to manifest through magic circles instead.

If youre talking about “soul casting” to something like Spirit Wepaons that Vitality will use, no. Vitality is a different thing entirely, seperate from magic itself.

nonono, im asking what kind of “magic” did Promethean gave out?
The elemental like rn? So original 7 or mix of every magic?

Or did he just gave the ability to control energy, and it just evlolved into elements?

No, its not elemental. It came from directly of the soul, and I think it was pure energy. I remember someone else saying you could do all sorts of wacky stuff with it like telepathy or that kind of stuff, but Im not sure.

But yeah, it was not elemental. (At least, I dont think it was…) It just evolved into being elemental later on.

And another question before im done.

So promethean gave out ability to manipulate energy with mind, it then evolved into arcane adventure 7 magics.
Then with mutation and time it became 20 in AO. But what about lost and ancient magics?

It just implies that at times they were mutations and that’s all? (Does that mean that 5 grand fire magics appeared before grand fire curses?)

(Sorry abt the late reply)
Mutations happened even long ago in the past. A lot of Lost Scrolls are likely recordings of these mutations. At least, thats how I understand them. There’s magics that dont seem like mutations, but Ill explain later below.

Ancient Magics, according to the trello, were magics that were direct gifts from the gods. I would assume this is after Prometheus gave magic to humanity. Gods would give certain gifts to their followers, like Spirit Weapons, so theyd probs give types of magics too.

However, this means that Primordial Magics can also manifest as Elemental Magic. But I still think it may be different as it seems more flexible in which you can actively choose the element and just make your magic take those properties and not like… you’re born with a specific element and you’re stuck with it. Its like some sort of spell/ability than a fixed property of your magic.

Learning from a scroll to change your magic seems to take after this a bit.

This is just me thinking about how it works, there’s really not much info. AO might explain it later in the story once we get to the part where Lost and Ancient Magics are obtainable. I mean, we already got an NPC talking about them, and we may encounter them in the future

1 Like

Prometheus gave humans ability to manipulate magic energy, which always resides in us

Whether that is because we were made by the gods or it’s just chaos and creation energy exist in everything I don’t know

i meaaaan…That’s just aura, so like…thermo fist, weapon aura etc.
But does that mean that “open minds” / elemental casting just evolved from aura/magic energy?

Not quite. For every magic that has existed (will exist?), there is a corresponding curse for that magic. So for earth magic, there is an earth curse. However, not all curses have a corresponding magic. For example, there is a Lazarus curse, but no Lazarus magic. This is also the case for the grand fire curses. Prometheus made them as an eventual counter to Cursebeard, so there were never grand fire magics before this.

Is’nt it “Experimental curse”? They were alpha-versions of normal curses

I think the Lazarus curse is a type of experimental curse, as the Absorption Curse is also an experimental curse too. Actually, i think its just any curse that doesnt have a magic version of it is classed as an experimental curse.

Aura is magic, magic is just channelling magic energy while giving it form(like fire,water etc)

Things like thermo fist and weapon aura just use magic energy without giving it form

I found this chart, is this correct one?

I don’t know if that’s an official source, but that’s pretty much the gist of it.

while technically unofficial, the information given is correct.

by the way. Is there information if the current magic is like…genetic?
Like imagine there are 2 powerful mages, plasma and ash mages. Wll their child have plasma or ash magic? Ooor some kind of heatbased/fire mutation magic?

We know that curse users can impart some of their powers on to their offsprings(like we see in calvus)

As for normal magic users? There could be a correlation with genetics but magic is entirely up to chance