Quick vent about the meta

decided to put this under pvp because it kinda has to do with pvp

Okay wtf. Why is everyone obsessed with “I must use an S or A tier magic”? I feel like there is 0 originality in the community now.

Nobody uses magics that aren’t meta. Everyone’s just looking for the best possible magic, but nobody really realizes that pvp is like this:

70 percent skill
20 percent magic choice
10 percent luck your wifi isnt garbo

A trash wind user can die to a god tier wood user. I genuinely feel like people shit their pants if they see a “S Tier” magic user. This shouldn’t happen. Just because someone’s magic is op, doesn’t mean you should use it. Stick to what you want to use. I’m tired of seeing water, wind, shadow, and gold users whenever I PVP. Nobody has originality. Everyone uses the meta pvp builds

LEARN HOW TO USE A MAGIC. JESUS. THEY’RE ALL OP IN A WAY. LEARN HOW TO BE GOOD WITH A MAGIC

tl;dr
why the fuck does everyone only use S tiers

1 Like

pp magics vs chad magics vs meta magics

the virgin gold vs the chad wood

I would say blame the Tier Lists, I’d personally like to use Crystal at some point along with me using Ice

This is mostly why I ignore those Magic Tier Lists (except for trend hopping). I’ve always sticked to fire magic, I want to see other people playing to their hearts

1 Like

ah yes a fire brotha

sounds like a good oppurtunity to ping meta

1 Like

Sadly I fear metamancing will last as long as this and many other games will. I would like to see people create their own fighting style and play how they are suited, but what will probably happen is meta build, meta magic creation, meta weapons, and that will be 75% of players.

3 Likes

It’s been since the game was created that people in WoM (mostly Vetex Discord) have asked what the best magic is. Why does it matter? Games not all about being the best (which I can totally say myself), games are to have fun.

May there one day be variation

i have zero concern or awareness of the current meta, i just pick what looks fun

5 Likes

im gonna make a meta destroyer casting speed build w/ light or plasma

1 Like

I agree completely

Oof meta is annoying

I don’t try to follow the meta, though I have Shadow Magic. I picked it at the first hour WoM came out and had no knowledge on how good it would be lol

They pick the magic that’s meta because their pp small and wanted to show people it isnt small. In other words, they’re people that hates it when they dont have the best magic in the game cuz they have skill issue. Gold for example, i’ve seen a hella lot of players with gold with 80% of the time they have pure power build and god I love how they say “EZ EZ EZ EZ” everytime they kill someone but rage quits when they’re about to die.

1 Like

why do gold glass cannons act like they’re the best players in the game

1 Like

Cuz they have the highest damage and have the mind set of: Highest damage = Biggest pp
See how the “pp” is small despite it having an adjective of “biggest”? Well that’s because their pp is actually small in reality.

1 Like

I have lightning magic. Chose it cause I genuinely liked lightning and it looks cool. Multiple people told me that I should change magic or that im a Vetex follower. It got annoying at first but less people said it as the days went on. It was really annouying when it was happening.

Idk man
Big dmg isn’t always good
If you can’t take any hits without losing half your health, someone just needs to hit you twice.
TL;DR
Dodging is harder than aiming

I had a glass cannon back when power wasn’t nerfed. As soon as I got a hit most people were paralyzed and I could finish them off. But if they hit me I would be done for.