(Quite toxic) Late night PvP and its difficulties rant (not about its execution, rather the journey)

Here to another Dreamkeeper’s post in PvP which also happens to be his 2nd PvP yapping (not with PvE this time) :wine_glass:

Why I decided to make this post

So, for context, I was pushed off the edge just a few minutes ago. The little bitch I sparred with whipped out his 200+ power 1500Hp Metal Boxing when I beat him with my 120 Thermo Savant and it all went downhill from there. I didn’t get any fun from fighting him, nor did I learn or improve anything. It was just parry check matches and unfun to even think about.

Baby steps to PvP and their unforgiveness

First days of PvP

Everyone who had attempted PvP in AO already heard about how demanding it is. You have to minmax to stand a chance, learning PvP takes 300 hours, 60 fps 50 ping, etc…

I call bullshit on them. My mac has 30-40 fps on average and I play with 160 ping constantly, sometimes even 200-300. I’ve fought multiple opponents with absurd stats and player kills with armor builds having only 40 power. I only PvP whenever someone asks or I gather enough courage to request someone to a duel, hell I’d even accept playing on US servers just to get to learn PvP because people like me can’t tie themselves to a PvP clan

There’s no denying the difficulties of trying out PvP for the first time. Quick reaction, predicting, block-parry-dodge, etc… Lord forbid when I first tried PvP as a TGR Ice Conjurer, it was simply a shitshow. My ass was beaten down to The Depths, kicked back up to the top of the Stepstones, plummeted down to the sea like the idiot I was thinking that a half-fueled skyship could take me straight to the Myriad. It took me around 10 hours of tears and blood to even fight naturally

Adept PvP and the lack of direction

Congratulations to me for graduating from Fodder :wine_glass: Now what? :fr:
Simply put : nothing :man_shrugging: It’s like operating in the fog, the more I tried, the less I knew what I should be doing next

Aimlabs? Just fight more
Predicting? Just fight more
Parrying? Just fight more
Playing Savant? Quite enjoyable but

The lack of practice

The further I delve into PvP hellhole, the harder it is for me to find an actual practice match. Too easy of an opponent and I’ll learn nothing, too hard of a duelist and all of a sudden I have to forfeit everything I knew to keep up with them. There are but a few PvE+PvP enjoyers like me so it’s also hard to make friends with someone like that and progress together. Most of the time I just resolve to give out free stuff just so I can get to fight someone a bit more :pensive:

Hardcore PvP, a scratch at the surface

Final Yap

Idk I used to spar a few players on the leaderboard. Got my ass kicked most of the time except for cj4vier who I pretty much fought equally for a time before blud switched to Ice Sailor (seek mental help please I beg). But this is no place for me, that much I can say for sure. The environment are too competitive, minmaxxing to the point of tanking insanity 2, turret mage, trackstar builds, warrior’s bullshit clashing build, Thermo Boxing, thermo/sailorlord, lightning conjurer, metal iron leg, drawbacks maxxing etc…
IMG_2492-removebg-preview

Meta this meta that, go meet-a fucking person in real life

2 Likes

just don’t pvp

I’m going to respond to any reply later

get the fuck out of my topic

7 Likes

no ur gonna respond to mine rn

mb bro I will

motherfucker didn’t even read a single line and already said shit like it’s his duty to piss off everyone he meet

7 Likes

pvp will only be fun when this is what every build looks like
when you want to improve and learn pvp, just ask a friend to spar you without any equipment on, just raw hands

1 Like

AA PvP for me was peak because it was mostly about common game knowledge and juking Lightning/Light beam

Now there are so much stuff to account for idk if it’s worth to even try to master a single approach to fighting since it could be flipped over in a patch

The fact that a build like that is now considered unfun to fight against really proved that the game moved past the beloved unga bunga state
processing

1 Like

man I love AO pvp

I love metal mages who run 300+ power and 200+ size builds

I could technically do this too as a wood mage.

quite the definition of “having fun at the expense of others.”

Like there should be some sort of Knight’s Code of Chivalry or something, shit like these are why PvP changes are ruining PvE

5 Likes

I think there sorta is, but yknow, the 8 year olds on AO probably don’t really care for what ethics and codes of honor are lol.

And I’m doing this right now, though half of my size is instead ability and I use snow and ice instead of (me)e(t)-(a)-(l)over.

Though, I mostly pve really. I only pvp friends when they’re already content in sparring together.

glass cannons

Oh right, I forgot I only have 100 power or so and about 800 defense.

Half of it comes from powerful vatrachos too.

what’s wild is

minmaxxers will come to us and say that 100 power and 800 defense isn’t good enough for pvp :skull:

Casuals be screwed I suppose.

This is exactly why I wrote the funny Elysium suggestion.

If people want to get better: Elysium
If people simply want to fight: Elysium

I love suggestions in which everyone benefits with no exceptions and has the potential to make the game less toxic as a whole!!

4 Likes

i just threw myself at my pvp friends over and over until i got good

like i would get no hit and bmed at first but it worked :+1:

1 Like

cj4vier is a shitter who only got to lb through meta abusing, and snaking with their egirl. not surprised you could go equally with them.