Randomness's Arcane Recap (Part 1)

:ice_magic_var2: Randomness’s Arcane Recap :ice_magic_var2:

Summary

Welcome to Randomness’s Arcane Recap, this is a recap for all the major updates in the world of AO this year. This is probably the biggest thing I will ever do during my time on the forums, so here we go.
Before starting this I know there are 4 guarantees

1. This is going to take ages
  2. I am (Probably) not the only person doing one of these
  3. I will go insane at least one point
  4. I am greatly going to wish that people used reminders for AO less as a general chat

Without further ado, Welcome to a recap of all most of the arcane events of 2022.

January

This was the first AO leak of 2022, which if I remember correctly was of the Myriad, a giant library containing many many secrets…

January Overview

During the early parts of January, Vetex was working on the sky islands, cooking system (Wait its been that long?) and ocean effects.

These images do bring back a lot of memories from that time, it really shows how far the game has developed over the last year.

January Updates

Around this time, the Order began development, along with the reveal of the almighty cat crew. (I can’t wait to out order the orderly order.)
catrcrew
We also got some new customisation options but I dont have a pic of that trello card and I’m too lazy to try and find it.
Upon my reading of reminders for AO 1 I have also realised that

this is a thing, cool little detail.
I am already regretting this, but on a hungrier note, the hunger bar was added into the game around this time, along with a wave of new statistics.
Eating food that you cook replenishes hunger and gives you positive effects!
If the hunger bar goes to 0 you die :grinning:
I’ve now decided to ONLY include important details, such as the details added when playing on graphics 10:

Oh and

That can’t go wrong can it?

Also seasonings to add that extra spice to your food

Cargo was added, to blatantly steal from quote Cyronical - “You can buy cargo for 50 galleons from shipwrights! It will be put in your arms, so you can’t hold anything else. You can’t climb anything besides ships (they’re built different :mariomug:), you can’t emote, nor can you select tools, attack, or dodge.”
If I remember correctly cargo is able to be sold at other islands for money.

And there ends January, I almost went through 1500 reminders for AO messages just for that month (And that was reminders for AO 1)

February

February Overview

During February, Vetex was mainly working on pirates and a ton of ship customisation!

February Updates

Pirate Ships! Aye, gentleman o’ fortune ships was added that there sail the open sea, although they initially do nothin’
(Like my pirate talk?)
3405a20d193db916350e24e7a6b9225d918a9b0f

We got some items that drop from pirates, to give incentive to fight them when you spot their ships.

fd3b374663b8bcd82de83991d5e1dda2e639025e

and stat builds

along with small changes to reputation and some quality of life things

dce82f25a7f6bcbfac164d03e26e58fca210a3fe

Also sometimes its best not to intrude on a sea battle:

AND MIMHERE ISLAND IS HERE

Sorry got carried away there, Mimhere island is in fact, not real (yet).

During the early stages of this month, we also get confirmation from vetex that permadeath will NOT be a thing.

We also get a single image to sum up reminders for AO

And as always, a good old wave of bugfixes.

And above we can see a frosty leak from doc
Below we can see AO was originally planned to release in 2022. How times have changed.

We have magic icon updates and ship parts perfectly and precisely planned partaking the need for a progressive personal sailing machine

unknown-972

Along with some good old sails! Usually sails are very helpful when trying to sail a ship, so I recommend picking some up.

Here is the only the most important update -

And some development on ship stuff + sealed chests which contain ship parts!

Talking about ship parts, sealed chests can now give sail materials :

Lanterns were also added, continuing the theme of ship customisation

As we can see even by this kinda early point, the game is looking amazing!

And finally, rams.

Screenshot 2022-02-28 5.54.35 PM

A month packed with some amazing features! And I still have 10 months to go + community recap… (not foreshadowing my eventual insanity)

March

March Overview

In march, vetex was working on more ship customisation along with some adjustments to sharks. We also got an absolute ton of Quality of Life changes for this month

March Updates

Vetex continued working on the rams, giving them available enchants that increase their stats.

And more importantly, we have Arcanium Rams which can be infused with magic for extra effect (and damage):

The image above is especially important, as I believe it was shown on Roblox’s Twitter, to many a “sea of thieves” and “Deepwoken” clone.

Other than the Roblox community being the Roblox community, here we have a reminder of how many rams are going to be in the game:

Screenshot 2022-03-07 5.32.24 PM

(More than 8)

Kinda anticlimactic but let’s move on.

Wait more than 30 my bad.

Oh my god, this man never stops with the rams.

Other than that, figureheads for that extra bit of customisation to your ship!

Lucky for me Vetex only added 9 (So far)

And finally, Cannons. Lucky for me Vetex only added 6

I stand corrected.

Along with the cannons, we have cannonballs, a few of which I recognise from the Patreon…

We also get a surprisingly game changing update of Enchantment Scrolls, which are perfect for breaking economies. (Economic disaster is my favourite)

Over the next few days we get a lot more ship stuff, as well as some QoL changes and bug fixes.

And the Legendary Eye Whites, Terror of the Sea, appears

Which seems to lead into a lot of shark changes and adjustments:

We also get to see how sealed chests look when on a players ship. (What the hell have they been doing to those pirates)

Along with a ton more QoL changes

And for 1.9… Pirates (Again)

April

April Overview

In April, Vetex was working on islands, treasure charts, enemy combat, and optimisation!

April Updates

First off we have free AO???

Not actually… Because April the first (Bad joke ik :sleeper: )

First off in April we have a new island!

And Pies???

As well as some amazing images from vetex (as always)

Looking at these images again, we can see that one island that is in all the AO vids(Harvest Island?), A pirate ship, The place where you seem to fight the earth magic boss (I think), and a confirmation of the most amazing addition of pies.

Below we can see a bunch of bug fixes and adjustments, including some optimisation!

We also got a ton of chest types for the added variety of chests (Wow well done me)

And some more options for the drip (I am going to put a monocle on one of my evil files.)

And Treasure Charts are here!

And a Minecraft shovel to dig up your treasure with!
Here we have some more treasure adjustments and QoL changes!

AND LORE

And enemies have some improved combat!
And here we have some images of the treasure chart system!

Hunting for treasure is one of my most anticipated features for the game! We can truly be pirates. Looks about as epic as everything else Vetex has made for this game.
And this image will be important later…

May

May Overview

Quite a small month in terms of development, but with a few quests, magic adjustments and story things!

May Updates

First up we have progress on the Cernunno questline!

We also get progress on the boss!

And finally, we have one of the craziest side quests in the game completed!

We also get another wave of bug fixes around this time.

And sailors lodge was added, a very important outpost for all your sailors and lodges!

Here we have some great magic adjustments as well.

And we got a new crew!

And a lot of magic adjustments as well (i still can’t believe Arwald would betray us)

Fort Talos! This surely won’t lead to one of the biggest memes in the arcane universe! And that non existent meme wont be about a continued development of a single boss’s skills :nod:

June

June Overview

In June vetex was working on an important story part and some other cool adjustments, as well as the start of the magic effect revamp.

June Updates

Let’s start June with an important story part, and the addition of trapdoors!
Impreovehd
Fort Talos can fire at your ship, you might want to go either big and tanky or small and nimble for this one.
I don’t think I mentioned this but blasts of certain amounts have some arcing effects! (This is a small adjustment to them)

We can see this in an image vetex posted (Note these are the old plasma effects, they have been revamped)

Here we have a lot of story parts (and the beginning of the great magic revamp of 2022)

pasted image 0

And now onto reminders for AO 2…

Where the order UI got updated slightly

And some more Acid magic effects
And even more story!

We also got the official stat build info. This is good if you want to perfect your planed stat balance and still get your wanted awakening.

Some more story and magic effects!

Oh no…

Well other than that menacingly menacing message, acid is technically done now! Looks clean (I can’t think of any good acid puns sadly)

As quickly we also get water!

We also have an image of Cursebane, the weapon of General Argos! Going to be an epic boss. (I wont be saying that after the 390th death)

And an epic image from Cryo

AND MORE BOSS SKILLS

thing

(and fire magic)

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 14.57.25

And the first part of the note system! (With more boss skills)
Notes are useful to warn people of incoming dangers, and luckily cannot be spammed.

Part 2

That ends the first part, as it turns out topics have a character limit…

15 Likes

mans think he cryo
good post tho :+1:

damn I will never understand how cryo does it

its a simple fact that mortals cannot comprehend gods

1 Like

Yeah it’s a problem Indeed mortals are dumb

yet somehow they are still smarter than a shadow god :nod:

1 Like

only in Ohio smh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.