Randomness's Worldbuilding Shenanigans

Using Azgaars, I go over to tools where I can configure heightmap, biomes, states, culturemaps etc by selecting the tool then basically just painting on where I want everything to be with these options.

1 Like

You are now god and I worship thee.

Chapter 1 is real.
Rift, Chapter 1: The Prince - Writing / Advanced Writing - Arcane Odyssey

An importance on Birds

In Impexis culture, birds are held to a high regard.
Since their land is completely isolated from the rest of the world and there’s only 1 land based passage, and one or two sea based ones, they hold animals which fly as special.
It’s common tradition for both families and military units to implement the animals into their emblems.

Akos is represented by a Falcon, which symbolises both freedom and order for the people of the Frostlands. In order to send messages, they often use trained birds to carry them from city to city rather than heading their on horseback. This practice was especially common during the Great Stamstani War.

Akos trains his own falcons, which live in the palace and hunt for rodents in the city.
The symbol of Akos’ Royal Guard, the Second Division is a crowned falcon.

However this does not mean that everyone apart of his guard adopts that symbol. For personal matters, General Damascus uses a Vulture upon a shield, whilst Iri Blossom uses a dove - however she also uses a dove and a falcon circling a crown in Royal Guard business.

Ledus Frost utilises a Condor with spread wings, and Commander Zion uses a unique species of northern Goldfinch.

1 Like

I have been writing

trust me it’s just
nvm

Fallenfire Lore

Icarus is a strange character. Let’s make him actually have character.

• Icarus was originally not called Fallenfire, and he chose the name for the purpose of intimidation.

• The Name Fallenfire is derived from a phenomena in the Nishinos Tropics, where particles in the sky will occasionally catch alight and fall like close to earth deadly shooting stars. The official name for this phenomena is a Fielnflaerreh (Fiel-en-flar-uh), which Icarus got his name from.

• Icarus was born in a strict Martial family and his father (Who was a soldier) trained him in the arts of combat and war.

• He disliked the thought of becoming a soldier, and killed his father at the age of sixteen, running away.

• Icarus found a place near the border of Teledosia where the presence of Rift Energy means time does not pass as it should. For five years he trained there for forty hours a day.

• In this place, he found a mysterious amulet, I wonder what that does?

• Afterwards, for three years he spent his time killing people he ran into, targeting important people specifically.

• He is currently Twenty One

• Math that maths, forums.

1 Like

Finally finished it hopefully its alright
Rift, Chapter 2: The Judge - Writing / Advanced Writing - Arcane Odyssey

1 Like

I’ve procrastinated on writing this so much. Pretty difficult writing in the style a lot of creation mythos, but I tried.

Despite most people agreeing on the existence of Deities, Rifts, Functions etc in the universe, there are still multiple disagreements on specifics, especially behind the creation of mortals.
One group of Draco scalae believe in this specific story:

One day, Death grew bored of the Deities actions. It left from the Rifts and It’s home in Everything, and came down through the Space and the Sky towards two beautiful but deserted islands. On the way, a huge storm blocked the path of Death, so It took a piece of Thunder in one hand, and a piece of Wind in the other, shaping them both into magnificent Dragons. Giving these creations life through its own energy, Death freed them, stating “My Children, you will be the Guardians of Air and Thunder, live well.”
Next, Death came across a mountain, where huge cascades of water fell down into pools as large as countries. It took the rock in one hand, and the liquid in another, shaping them into two more Dragons. Giving them some of Its own energy, Death said, "You are the Guardians of Land, and Ocean, live well.
Finally, Death took a piece of the Star, creating one last Dragon. To this, It said "You are the Guardian of Flames. Burn bright, and live well.

Afterwards, It returned to the Rifts, however without guidance, the Dragons eventually grew jealous of the domains of their siblings. They each created tribes out of their bones and scales to fight for them as loyal soldiers.
For thousands of years the islands were submerged in conflict, until the greedy God Auctoritas stepped in, seeing an opportunity for power. He placed a King on the largest of the two islands, who was twice the size of any other mortal, sixteen times as strong, and proclaimed it a monarchy to prosper forevermore. Under the Tyrant’s leadership, the Dragons and their tribes realised their similarities and shared goal of freedom. They overthrew the King in a violent rebellion, uniting their tribes and creating peace since for the Dragons and their tribes.

Other groups believe that Auctoritas was never taking advantage of the situation, or even that Death never created the Dragons and instead there was a single God who ruled them all.
No wars have broken out since, however many bar fights have.

1 Like

I forgor

Okay uhh to make up for it I’ll write something today probably not long though.

Don’t rush the process! Relaxing and self care are important too, my friend.

Divinities

Despite them being the weakest form of pure God, Divinities are by far the most rare and most unique. After the Rifts do not give him an answer to his pressing question, Akos turns to searching for living Divinities. Akiro joins him in the hope for finding clues towards his father’s secrets.
Dulzura joins under the pretence of updating the Grand Court Records on Divinities.
They search all records they can find, and one by one follow a breadcrumb trail of Divinity after Divinity.

They discover the identities of a few, on the clock to stay ahead of Icarus, who is also after Divinities for his own more murderous reasons.

Bead Pou’ette

Bead Pou’ette is a famous war poet who lived in the Impexis Regnum during the Stamstani War. Afterwards he moved south, to a small island somewhere or other.
His only ability is the awareness that he is apart of a narrative.

Zane Zephyr

Zane Zephyr is the father of Akiro Zephyr, killed by Icarus before Lumi was born, he is the second Eternal God, after Death. Zane was known by various names as a God, The Wind of Souls, Gentle Wind, etc. His ability is to protect the souls of the Dead from harm. This ability persists after demise. After thousands of years of life, he settled down and started a family, teaching Akiro in his youth how to use the Tempestas Gladius - Storm Blade.

The Bridge

The Bridge is a relatively niche Deity, head of the Scientific Institute of the Bridge, The Star and the Holy Rifts which is totally not a cult. It has the ability to grant blessings of Secondary Rift energy in increased amounts. The gang encounter this guy in their search, being captured and almost sacrificed to the giant mining gun attempting to blow a hole in the Event Horizon of the Rifts. The Bridge Reaction, named after themselves is where you transfer energy violently through a catalyst. However, unfortunately the easiest way to activate the reaction is killing someone and using their energy to basically start the flow of more energy. This reaction can be used in a multitude of ways but at the moment it’s been used for mad cult stuff & genocide only.

diagram

Those are the three I have so far, however I’m thinking of having one with sound based abilities because that sounds pretty cool ngl.

okay next I’ll either write some of Chapter 3 or a thing about Akos

3 Likes

Akos Frost

When I think about him more, I realise Akos isn’t a very good person. Not to say he’s a bad character - as I think his downsides give him a lot more needed depth.
He abandons his duties as Heir to the Impexis Throne and Prince of Frost to search for answers to The Question. He’s selfish, taking Dulzura away from his duties to travel with him. He acts harshly, and strips the power from Damascus, putting his friends in positions of power.

However I think that he’s also persevering, despite his motive being a consuming obsession with answering his Question. After becoming the Demigod of the Function Randomness, he becomes quite unstable, struggling to contain the evil chaos god tearing him apart.

In terms of position, he is King Ledus’ son and a member of the Royal Family, hence he is granted Magic, specifically the Ice Magic of the Frost Bloodline. He is heir to the throne, politically important for the Regnum, whilst also he’s the Prince of Frost, technically a military role, positioned under the King but on the same level as the Marshalling Council. Due to this Akos can manipulate Damascus even if the General was appointed directly by Ledus Frost.
Fun fact, as the title ‘Prince of Frost’ has nothing to do with his family name, Akos Frost could be referred to as Prince Frost, Prince of Frost.

His full title is something stupid like Prince Akos Frost, Prince of Frost, Heir to the Regnum’s Throne, The Voice of Randomness, Function, God of Chaos.

2 Likes

Akos, the prince of frost, when the steel, fire, fighting, and rock gang walk in:

Randomness airstrike

On skibidi?!?

rizzious skibittle sigm3

How did you even get here

Akos frost when I have to resort to protocol 4

For the operation: Fanum tax Ohio

:acid_magic_var2: :eye: :acid_magic_var2:

The Ancient Language of Gods

The Gods, before creating whatever mess they did with mortals, created a language. Although rarely used nowadays, you still sometimes see words from it in places and the names of Gods. I nickname it “botched latin” because basically it’s latin sounding words and eh I guess that’s good enough. Where it shines though is with it’s script, which was phonetic and contained many symbols that represented different sounds. Ages ago I created a few which I’ll now translate a couple via the wonderful medium of paint.

Most countries who do use Ancient words will write it in their simplified script, which for the sake of simplicity is the standard latin alphabet. There were no capitals in the script of the gods and generally punctuation was limited, with sounds more flowing together as one.

One example of a modernised version of the ancient language is the name of Akos’ country, the Impexis Regnum. Although latin - english will give you… an interesting response, in the Ancient Language of the Gods, it means something like “Kingdom of Icicles”.

here it is in the Ancient Language of Gods.
note that P and B sounds have different symbols if they’re followed by a vowel and an h,

okay that’s it, I have more unshown symbols but I’m horrible at translating them over.

1 Like