Randomness's Worldbuilding Shenanigans

Daily Fact #4 - Your new least favourite character

Duke Harmonus Elin was a rich Stamstani politician who escaped the country before the use of the God Weapon. Although the Stamstani nation didn’t have a nobility, many people still refer to Elin as a Duke due to his wealth. Long before the story starts, he was best friends with a young Prince from a neighbouring country, the then Prince Ledus Frost. The bond between the two was close until Ledus got engaged with his sister, Zela Elin. Disliking this, he began to spread rumours of the marriage being a Impexian plot to gain control in Stamstani, the couple split up soon afterwards, and tensions between the two countries greatly increased for the next 16 or so years, before finally, Elin managed to pass the Dine (Pronounced Dee - neh) Offence, which declared a full out war against the Impexis, Casus belli - Rumoured plotting to take over the Grand Republic of Stamstani.

Here’s an extract I’ve written of a flashback to the Stamstani war

Memoria Frost: The Great Stamstani War

“Prince Frost, the cannon fire has started. Follow me.”

Akos stumbled out of his room in the early morning, standard procedure, as shrapnel rained down. Following Zion down the corridor, towards safety.

A pane of glass shattered, small splinters embedding into his side.

He held back the tears, couldn’t be weak in front of the Commander, could he?

“Captain Blossom, perfect timing young lady, take the Prince and hide in the safe room, I feel as if something is wrong, the palace itself is being attacked instead of the city in general.”

Akos blinked as Zion ran down a nearby hallway, he followed the girl, into a room, a semi-dark room - which she locked.

“Are you alright, your majesty?” She asked with a little bow. “I’m Captain Blossom, youngest Captain of the Royal Guard.”

The girl smiled through her silver hair, “You might have seen me around, I’m assigned to your division of course,”

Akos winced as blood began to flow down his hand. The Captain had a look of concern flash over her eyes, but she gently set to work, removing splinters of glass from the young Prince’s hand with extreme precision, wrapping it up tightly in what seemed to be a scrap of fabric from an unknown source. Akos breathed steadily, as the young girl sat next to him.

“Do you ever wonder if our teenage years are going to be spent hiding from guns, instead of out, being free, learning about ourselves?” She sighed, “perhaps it is our destiny to live in this fear.”

Akos paused and waited, but hearing no response, answered. “You can’t be that young if you’re a Royal Guard Captain.” With which the girl answered, “Well is only fifteen, that’s not even a year older than you. I spent all my childhood dreaming of being a soldier, and now I’m trapped in this eternal cycle of war.”

Akos once again didn’t answer, letting the Captain speak. “I’ve never spent my time with friends, but I suppose, would it be appropriate to call you Akos?”

He only nodded, and Blossom smiled again.

“In that case, call me Iri. I hope you like my name, it’s the only one I’ve got.”

The pair laughed together, the noises of destruction never ending around them.

1 Like

You know it’d be cool if you made this a whole long story and posted it into the writing category.
Then you linked it here, I wanna learn more about how these two would interact.

Idk if i could post it in writing because it’s not related to AO but if I can post some I will

Doesn’t seem to be any rules against it.

@ImaLettuce
Chapters 4 - 6 found here:

i aint reading allat but it seems cool af

1 Like

Daily Fact #5

The Shade Order is a rich group of assassins lead by Grand Lord Felix Mist. They take on jobs from clients and either assassinate targets themselves or pay other contractors for the job. They sent their own Assassins to kill Akos in chapter 3, and after their client, Duke Elin, expresses anger at their failure, they contracted Akiro Zephyr (Ch.6) to kill him, however that attempt also failed.

Ranks:

• Grand Lord (Felix Mist)
  • Lords
  • Grandmasters
  • Masters
  • Veterans
  • Assassins
  • Acolytes
  • Initiates

They worship Sicarus Domini, The Deity of Assassins.

Ex voluntate familiarum nostrarum, populi nostri et Sicarius Domini

Really cool how you’ve developed an assassin syndicate in your world.

1 Like

The cooler more edgy assassins syndicate

Daily Fact #6

Daily facts are in fact, not daily.

Commander Iri Blossom of the Royal Guard can be best described as a prodigy. Nobody really knows how she did it, but by the age of 11 she was a member of the Royal Guard, by the age of 13 she was a Lieutenant, 14 she was a Captain, and 15 she was a Commander (after a close scrape with death whilst protecting the Prince’s life.) I know there are some lax child labour laws (Dulzura is a Judge and Rune is a bounty hunter at 17) but wow did someone mess up the paperwork this time.
The young strategical genius befriended Akos during the war, and I know that’s technically against Royal Guard policy, but they were both lonely introverted teenage idiots.

Can’t think of much else to say that I won’t write later, so that’s it with todays fact.

Oh I’d thought I mentioned that Iri did possibly like Akos (Once again, very much against Royal Guard policy) but I’m killing her off before anything happens because Akos needs more emotional trauma or something.

Royal Guard of the Impexis Regnum

Rules (Updated 1015)

1. No befriending Prince Akos Frost
  2. No falling in love with Prince Akos Frost
  3. Stylish dog based jewellery is strictly forbidden.
  4. No killing Prince Akos Frost
  5. No giving Prince Akos Frost serious emotional trauma
  6. Bloodshed is outlawed for all Royal Guard members on Prince Akos Frost’s birthday for 1 minute at 1:30 pm.
  7. No members of the Royal Guard below the age of 16.
  8. No combatant members of the Royal Guard below the age of 18

(Iri got that any% world record)

Daily Fact # 7

Military System of the Impexis Regnum.
There are four primary groups of the Impexis Millitary

• Soldiers of Impexis
  • Impexis Navy
  • Royal Guard
  • Stamstani Guard

Each group is lead by a collective of Generals who each control soldiers beneath them.
A group of 6 veteran soldiers appointed by King Ledus Frost will vote for one General from each group as the leader, these soldiers are known as the “Marshalling Council”
The rank for the leaders of the groups are as follows:

• Soldiers of Impexis: Marshall of Soldiers
  • Impexis Navy: Grand Admiral of Impexis
  • Royal Guard: Royal Marshall
  • Stamstani Guard: Grand Commander

The leader has permission to demote or promote any soldier from any rank, as long as they have permission from the Marshalling Council and there is no objection from the direct line of succession and Royal Consort.

This means that technically the chain of command is as follows

• King Ledus Frost
  • Queen Carina Frost and Prince Akos Frost (Similar in rank to King)
  • Marshalling Council
  • Marshall of that group
  • Generals of that group (Can be stripped of military power, as Akos did to Damascus)
  • High officer ranks in order directed by Marshall/G.Admiral/G.Commander
  • Low officer ranks in order directed by Marshall/G.A/G.C
  • Combatant ranks in order directed by Marshall/G.A/G.C

Oops I killed off a character

Iri Blossom’s death

After a fight with Icarus Fallenfire, professional side character murderer.

Because Akos doesn’t have enough emotional issues in his life

“Akos, are you alright? I shouldn’t have been late, Fallenfire was too far north for us to be lax on security.”

The Prince still struggled to breathe, but let Dulzura help him stand. “Ir… Iri!” He choked, sprinting towards the limp body a distance away. He knelt down next to her, held her arm tightly, tears unrestricted.

“Iri… don’t die… please…”

Desperation clung to his heart, clawing at his mind.

The girl opened her eyes gently.

“Akos,” she smiled weakly, “I suppose my only regret is not telling you sooner. Close, please…” Akos leant in, face close to hers as she coughed. “Farewell, Akos… I… I…”

Akos heard nothing but a slight breath of air from her lips, as they brushed close to his face. Iri Blossom closed her eyes for the last time, dead in the arms of the one she cared for most.

Well done Akos

You were a romantic failure before

And now the love interest is dead

not making another character for that purpose

this isn’t a romance story

Small extract I’ve written

Grandia, character development and Akos being depressed

Grandia rose like a pillar out of the ground. A spiral of rock sprung up, circling around to a summit far above. Large clumps of earth floated above the ground, islands suspended by the phenomena of the Rifts. The sun shone throughout the whole city, illuminating the waterfalls which endlessly cascaded through the sky, water forming from seemingly nothingness. High up in the city, large silver buildings were merged with these floating miracles, the Grand Courts in physical form, demanding peace and purity from those below. Other buildings also were formed on the city, and near one such building, elegant and grand - stood Akos Frost with blank eyes.

He looked over the city from the edge of the island where he stood, watching people move about their daily lives far below.

Clutched in the hands of the Prince, close to his heart, he held a small notebook. He hadn’t seen all of its contents, only read the first page.

This book belongs to Commander Iri Blossom, Royal Guard and shall not be opened by any other persons. If it does occur that I die on the line of duty, I entrust this to Prince Akos Frost, my fair Liege and trusted friend.

He hadn’t the courage to read the rest of it, yet Iri did wish for him to have it.

He opened the book to a random page, and to his surprise, saw an incomplete sketch of Iri, smiling. Akos wasn’t fully aware of her artistic talent, but the self portrait he saw before him was stunning.

He looked further through the papers, reading some pages, in both sorrow and embarrassment for some, seeing the personal thoughts of an acquaintance. There were more sketches, some finished, some incomplete like a frozen snapshot of time. Akos couldn’t tell if some of her art was expressionism or venting at the horrific states of the war, many of these pieces showed gruesome memories that he’d rather forget.

Another factor of interest to Akos were the amount of sketches of himself, sometimes with Commander Zion or Blossom herself in frame, other times alone. Akos turned the page once more and froze; a page was dedicated to a picture of himself and Iri, lying in the snow and smiling.

He closed the book.

A hand touched his shoulder, “Akos, all will be fine.”

Dulzura sat down next to him.

“Iri’s soul still will be near you, as commanded by Desiderium Reunionis.”

Akos waited for him to continue speaking but to no avail.

“Desiderium is just a myth. A story they tell children to comfort them. Her soul will be lost to the Rifts and you know it. It’s my fault she’s tormented to that eternal void.”

“It is not your fault, it is only Fallenfire’s”

“Shut up Dulzura. It’s all my fault. She didn’t have to die, yet she did.”

Dulzura was taken aback by the anger in his voice, he stared into the eyes of the Prince. “Sleep Akos, Iri will watch over your dreams. I shall be with Rune.”

Akos looked at the image of him and Iri in the snow, and looked at every detail. The snow in his hair, the perfect shape of their bodies, the tilt of Iri’s eyes towards his. The smile which pierced the cold, the slight blush hidden by trailed hair, their touching fingertips.

He once again slammed the book closed, the emotions shattering into his mind like a waterfall of broken pain.

Tormented by the memory which was nothing more than Blossom’s fantasy, he lay back and closed his eyes in the soft grass.

Dulzura watched through the glass

whilst Rune sat above him on the windowsill, legs crossed and leaning back.

“He needs time to think.” The Judge said finally.

“He will move on, or he will find himself lost.”

“He is already lost.”

Rune slipped down onto the floor, standing straight, only just shorter than Dulzura.

“I shall head back home.”

Dulzura smiled, “Oh, but don’t you want to stay the evening, or perhaps the night seeing as you are here already, there’s room for as many guests as we want.”

Rune laughed sarcastically, “You really know your targets don’t you? I’ll stay over as long

as you want, it’s dull alone anyway.”

“Nothing like last time you stayed over. It may have been an… interesting evening but we don’t want Akos traumatised by your actions.”

Laughing, the pair turned around together.

Iri was so close, only an arm’s reach in front of him. She was absolutely pure, resting in the air, hovering above the ground. Her body was surrounded by wisps of mist, moving slowly.

Akos hung in the air with the woman, in the same clouds himself. And then they were in the snow. The Prince felt his bare skin touch the ice, but felt no cold. The mist was diverging, moving away as the memory faded, leaving his heart vulnerable.

No, it wasn’t a memory, it never happened.

It was similar to what he saw in Iri’s sketch - the position, the smile, the blush - yet it was more pure, with only the clouds to surround and comfort him.

His purity exposed his tormented state.

Their fingers were close to touching, yet his hand slipped through hers.

The mist faded and he awoke.

I’ve got a lot of information in a quite short amount of time, all of it very important for the world.

The Bridge Reaction, and the Scientific Institute of the Bridge, The Star, and the Holy Rifts.

Another cult for us to enjoy!!!

Now, the Bridge reaction simply is the release of energy from a God’s blessing.
The basics are

• Get Primary/Secondary Rift energy from a god blessing you.
  • Store that energy in an object
  • Use a quick release of Secondary rift energy, such as from the death of a conscious mortal to activate the reaction
  • Energy is released from the store
  • Boom

This is the exact same reaction that occurs in the God Weapon, but the results are slightly different.
When Elita Impexis, Aaron Frost’s special forces began research into this reaction, labelling it as the God Reaction. They found that they could create an item called a Formless Core, which has so little energy, if it is exposed to any amount of Rift energy, Primary or Secondary, it will absorb it.

They found a way to make a formless core, then forge it into a weapon without it absorbing any Rift energy, they could control the activation of the reaction.

One thing to note is that the destruction and power of a Bridge reaction depends on both the intent of the device the formless core is designed in, and whether Primary or Secondary Rift Energy is stored in the Core.
For example, the God Weapon used a Bridge reaction with an intent to kill, and it was used with the blessing of Auctoritas (a Deity, so their blessing was of Primary Rift energy). Due to this, it released a very uncontrolled yet directed explosion, evaporating most of Stamstani in the biggest mass genocide committed on the Host Planet. (Aaron Frost was a screwed up King)

However, although all of Elita Impexis either sacrificed themselves with Aaron Frost, or committed suicide, another organisation was aware of the reaction.

A Divinity created not that long ago, about year 80, Era 5001F, began to theorise on how to open the Rifts up. You see, the Rifts are mostly theoretical masses of almost infinite energy, but deep within the Rift Caverns, the location where the Rifts are closest to the surface of the Host Planet, there is a point where they become more physical and there
This event horizon of the Rifts became the divinities main focus in life. They aspired to break it open and release the energy and consciousnesses in there. It began an organisation called the
Scientific Institute of the Bridge, the Stars and the Holy Rifts
like the narcissist it was. The Institute (Other than being an actual cult) had a strict ranking system which I had a nice diagram for but I lost it, it went sort of like this:

• The Divinity of Bridge. x1
  • The Master of Control x1
  • The Bridge Inquisitors x3
  • The Star Lords x9
  • Rift Cutters (Captains) x 27
  • Disciples

And they designed a nuclear sort of reactor which used the Secondary Rift energy from the Divinity of the Bridge, and a murder or two of an unsuspecting innocent person to create a controlled and directed blast of Rift energy. It’s also used as a carbon free method of generating heat!!!

The Scientific Institute of the Bridge, The Stars and the Holy Rift supports climate awareness

I’ve got a diagram of the reactor but I can’t get it here, sad days :pensive:

The main energy of the reaction acts as a cannon, which although could be really good for militaries around the world (Minus the needed murder), The Institute use it for tunnelling huge tunnels underground towards the Rifts, so they don’t have to go near them and experience the natural insanity and chaos caused by that.

Then they simply just get like 10 of the cannons and blast through the event horizon and then… release infinite energy… into the world…

Not the best plan.

This Akos is different from normal… wait… where am I?

And why is the story so dark all of a sudden?

WiP chapter.

Part 1 Chapter 5
The End of the Beginning

The room echoed in emptiness, however the mass of people standing around the stone cut table, which stretched from one side of the room to the other, was obviously solemn.

“Welcome everyone.” A voice spoke.

A wave of silence rippled through the room.

Akos shuddered. He felt out of place among the commanders and agents of the organisation he feared for such a large part of his life.

Another voice spoke.

“We are here today to respect the former General of our organisation and vote on a new leader to bring Aspua to safety.”

“I believe that we should focus on eliminating dangers for the future of society.”

“Before we start, we should show our considerations to the Anomalies Akos Frost and Riku Takatoki within our presence.”

Akos nodded as the cacophony broke out once more.

“Captain Watson!”

“Commander Waters, could you pass the tea…”

“Silence.” Roared a tall man wearing a grey suit. His eyes were the colour of pearls however his hair was dark, darker then the void above at night, unmoving and still.

“We understand now that there are Anomalies far stronger than we previously thought. Without improving our technology at all costs and targeting these anomalies one by one until all danger is eliminated we have no hope. As the Captain of Division 6 I propose that I, East Verräter, will become the new General of I.C.E, and the more than capable Commander Spirio Frost will rise to the rank of Captain.”

Akos stirred uneasily but stayed silent.

“Unless there are objections of course. Watson?”

The moustached man shuffled. “I believe you are wrong, Captain Verräter.”

The tall man scoffed, “Do you have a reason for that, or is it just our… interesting past causing bias.”

“You say that our biggest weakness is technology, I say that it’s our lack of communication. We’ve spent years having our divisions distant, and especially Division 6 only communicates with the rest of the organisation when absolutely necessary. We now have evidence that the anomalies, as strong as Estimate, who we have identified as 243213, exist, are a risk and more importantly, are working together. Unless we fight as one, with all the divisions and Anomalies such as Riku and Akos, we have no hope.”

The atmosphere grew silent as the last word came to a close, a shuddering tension building in the background.

East Verräter spoke. “I refuse to work with subhuman creatures such as them. We deserve our own lives away from those monsters trying to take them over.”

1 Like

Ignore the fact that East is basically a Nazi and we’re doing fine here.