[Rant] AO was not "inspired" by deepwoken

no aa copied deepwoken

Late response but I agree. I get that PVP requires precision, but that precision should be more complicated than hitting one key with frame-perfect timing. You can totally have a game with a high skill ceiling that gives you as much time as you’ll ever need to do whatever you want to do. Spellbreak is a good example.

1 Like

Peak😱woken😳

I think AO is actually just a continuation of AA and AR :sunglasses: (because it is)

what if deepwoken copied AO…

exactly

Blocking should be your only means of defense, at the cost of you taking a certain amount of “chip damage” from any move that you block, and that should basically be the crux of how you fight. If you don’t block, you get full comboed, but if you do block, you have time to assess the situation and figure out how to reverse back into neutral game, but not enough time that you’re able to stall out the opponent for the rest of the match, which is why things like chip damage and guard breaks are a thing in these games

games which have Perfect Blocking lack this in the slightest and instead of allowing you to methodically plan out your next source of action while your opponent is attempting to break your defenses, you can just press f at the right time and turn the tides of the game completely in your favor, all because of “right place, right time”, entirely screwing the opponent over for something that they really shouldn’t have been punished for, as moves that are unable to be blocked are generally short in range and have a long startup, making it easy for players that aren’t blocking to get out of the way and punish. I get it’s a precision mechanic to punish easy to read players into playing more discreetly but it contradicts itself because you could always just have your game run on the first form of blocking mentioned

this is why I don’t like a lot of games on this platform, E.G: YBA, with Perfect Blocking and a low ping being absolutely necessary for PvP combat.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one here who knows about Spellbreak, it’s an underrated game

But it needs to be updated more so

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.