[Rant] AO was not "inspired" by deepwoken

Mini-Disclaimer

Click to read
  • This is not a deepwoken hate-thread. I have not played the game myself so I am not qualified to make a valid opinion on it. However, I have watched a playthrough + read it’s wiki and I think most of us can agree that deepwoken is well made and that it trounces most roblox games quality wise (because 90% of roblox games are simulators). I’m sure people love it despite it’s glaring flaws (except for it’s permadeath pvp, can’t understand it, that will never Ever roll with me in a roblox game lmao). That being said, this rant is targeted more towards the games Fanbase rather than the game itself.

• I am fully aware that a topic like this already exists. I’m just going to talk more about it for…pretty much no reason lol. I’m not going to go as in-depth as I did on my absolute best rant though.

Here We Go Again.

• Ahhhhh, Gaming (or pretty much every) Fanbase(s), gotta love 'em. They attack eachother, other fanbases, and the creator of said fanbase while causing drama in the process on multiple occasions…MULTIPLE occassions. A prime example would be these neanderthals from another dimension:

Bruh you can’t even play AO how can you even say that :skull: They got banned btw

Anyways, we’re gonna look into what really inspired vetex, and go over briefly the release date and development history of both games.

Vetex's Inpirations

Alright now that that’s out of the way (if you read it). Let’s talk about “inspiration”.

Alot of non-fans like to claim that AO was “inspired” by or even a “ripoff” deepwoken and that vetex “stole” concepts such as boats/ocean, magic, monsters, etc etc. These guys know that other fantasy games exist right…? Deepwoken didn’t invent these!

I mean, if you’ve even seen vetex’s stance on the world of rouge:

See how INSPIRED vetex is?11!! He’s so mesmerized by the mechanics that he waNTs To steEl Them!!1!

Ok, you would think that a person who gets inspired by another game would speak fondly of their mechanics and would be delighted to put a touch of that game into their own…

This is clearly not the case lmfao.

Lets look at some examples of what really inspired him:

Notice how the world of rogue is completely absent lol. To their credit however, this is most likely not the full list, but these are some of the most prominent ones that’s for sure.

Development History

You see, both Deepwoken and AO are sea-based exploration games and-

That’s it. That’s where the similarities end.

They have different gameplay and combat systems, different mechanics (magic is implemented differently in both), different objectives and leveling system (they share the objective of getting stronger obv) and the two really cannot be compared. DW and AO only have surface level similarities and could not be more different. One is in development while the other is out already, and I fear that when AO comes out (since it will come out after deepwoken) people will incorrectly put “two and two” together and be all like

“Oh, this game that has boats and the ocean came out after THAT game with boats and the ocean! How dare they have the same genre! RIPOFF RIPOFF RIPOFF-”

But the reality is that the development history goes FURTHER than that. Lets look at the release dates hm?

Now, I know that for deepwoken that it says it was “created 2019” but the game didn’t actually release until December 20th 2021. The game was in development for two years and started development somewhere october 12th 2019.

The announcement for TGR was on October 20th, 2020…*“buT wAiT, if ThE AnNouNCeMeNt For TgR cAme A yeAr AfTer tHe DEePwoKEn tEst PlaCE wAs CReAted ThEn ThAt MeAns DEePWoKEn is THE oRIGInAll!!1”

No.

AO is part of a lore doc and a series of games that are older than the entirety of Deepwoken/rogue itself, stretching back to 2016.

Deepwoken did not invent this genre, and neither did AO, but the arcane world itself was in development before DW so how the hell did AO steal from DW?

Anyways wrapping up, there will most likely be a FLOOD of new players many months from now who do not know this information. I can’t be bothered to argue with them in the discord so just send them this.

38 Likes

HOLY SHIT A RANT ALREADY!! LETS GOO!!!

3 Likes

Well, sad that most deepwoken players that say AO is a copy not gonna see this

1 Like

He’s back.

2 Likes

this feels much more better with him back.
Also AA copied DW wtf do you mean

5 Likes

we all know that vertex saw dw and liked it so much that he time traveled back in time to invent boats in aa

2 Likes

how could he say that an unreleased game that he hasnt even played is somehow worse than another? im thinking about getting deepwoken to see if its actually any good and if the ao community is justified or not for hating it

good, let them stay in their permadeath game instead of coming to ours ig. lmk if i should get buy the game, i really gotta know whats so revolutionary about it.

based

midwoken

2 Likes

I haven’t read this but the fact you bit the bait is mildly sad

Just finished, I feel like another thing you should have mention are Rogue and Tales of the Valley, games which act sort of what AA and Online FIghting were, only less direct in lore I believe? Also, I think another reason people compare them is feeling. They both kind of have this “old 2015” Roblox vibe to them (well, maybe not DW but still)

Yeah I won’t deny that. I realized that a few minutes after posting that in the first picture I used, that guy wasn’t even serious abt it. Buuuuuut I won’t go into damage control mode, captain sinks with the ship :fr:

^ Right, I completely forgot about TotV. Can’t believe that one flew over my head :skull:
I suppose the similar build style is what people use to strengthen the “ripoff” argument

Fr, DW is so powerful and godly that it’s mere existence bends all of time and space!1!1! :scream:

2 Likes

Once people actually play the game I think (or hope) people will see where the similarities end. Plus deepwoken won’t be at its peak anymore too

It already left it’s peak, pretty funny how a surprising amount of people went back to Rogue Lineage since it went from 200 average players on Deepwoken release to the now 2k average players

1 Like

:+1:

me when Deepwoken invents the MMORPG Genre in it’s entirety

1 Like

anyways made a meme please enjoy

20 Likes

imgflip watermark

PLEASE STOP LYING Deepwoken is WAY better then AO KID HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT DADDY RAGOOZER Im reporting you to roblox corp and im getting your account BANNED!!! VETEX COPIED THE WHOLE GAME BECAUSE HE’S JEALOUS OF RAGOOZER AND HIS FAME SO HOW ABOUT YOU STOP TOO!

6 Likes