Recommendations for Magics

so crystal is superior partner with ice?

theyre both good but id personally go for crystal if i was you

yeah that makes sense

but now for the real question…

what are the nicest colors…

:ice_magic_var1: :crystal_magic_var7: :question:

i like the idea of :ice_magic_var2: :crystal_magic_var4:

okay compare these images of crystal beams with this ice blast:

the crystal beams:

what looks the best with the ice blast

here @Cryonical you get in on this too

SHEESH those beams look terrible. I’d say probably blue crystal would look better but purple is fine too :troller:.

lol

so :ice_magic_var1: :crystal_magic_var4: looks best?

the other options
:ice_magic_var1: :crystal_magic_var2:
:ice_magic_var1: :crystal_magic_var1:

yeah i like blue and purple, always found green crystal to be the most meh looking variant for crystal

red and blue could make a cool contrast too and would go well together if you used those colors on your clothes too

I probably wanna use red ngl

and have like a black snow jacket and hoodie or dark grey ones

1 Like

or amethyst I’m bouncing between the 2

No clue what the point of the first is since the only way you’d be able to get a freeze off with that setup is via Rising Tide. The second is nice enough, Ice’s 40% damage buff against bleeding targets is nothing to ignore, but you also have to remember that Ice’s damage is innately very low. It has the same damage as Snow or Wind despite its very slow speed. Unless you are constantly cycling the two so that they never stop bleeding then Ice is not worth using.

wait.

is snow better than ice…?

should I just use crystal then with the bullshit excuse that ice is technically a crystal and I didn’t switch?

As an individual element? Absolutely. Same damage and size, but far, far faster, with a blinding effect being innate to it. Interactions are where it gets tricky; as aforementioned Ice hits bleeding targets very hard, and has more positive interactions and less negative interactions than Snow. I’d absolutely say Snow is the better element though; having your entire element’s viability rely on your 40% interaction with bleed is just annoying to deal with in my opinion, but will be easier in AO with Conjurer builds.

1 Like

wow.

so would snow be good for a conjurer file?

Snow doesn’t particularly benefit from being a Conjurer, as it has no interaction with bleed, but it’s not like being a Conjurer debuffs it at all.

When you’re able to infuse elements into your weapons, multi-hit weapon skills could blind your opponent by applying Snowy. Think an Arcanium Bow using Rain of Arrows; if a few hit, your opponent is in the dark for a few seconds.

darn.

well, crystal?

and also like what are good crystal partners

Crystal, in my opinion, will be the best of the heavy magics in AO. Wood’s buffs are very appealing to me but I still think Crystal is getting the better deal. Explosion, Earth, and Light are your best partners for Crystal, especially Light.

For the fastest element in the game, practically hitscan because of how fast its projectiles move, a 25% damage buff on Crystallized targets is absolutely massive. As long as you’re always attacking someone you’ve landed at least one Crystal hit on (which can be done very easily via placed explosions / other braindead spell types), your Light magic goes from a pitiful 0.825x damage to 1.03x. That means your Light will be hitting harder than Earth does.