40k fish caught and no macros used btw
Well thatâs exactly what I like, I never felt like to cry or be annoyed when 5-6 people pulled up while I was doing treasure hunting or fishing, or whatever else I was doing.
Without the sense of danger and risk, AO would be any other babies game, dark sea wouldnt exist, enemies wouldnt exist, rivals, sharks, armies, and war wouldnt exist. What makes a game fun is how immersive (responsiveness of the environment that recalls reality) it is compared to the amount of hassle required to overcome that obstacle, and what makes a game good is how is that implemented.
All of the things you mentioned remained the same after pvp toggle though. Also, from a game design perspective, if you are making an RPG game and the game is not fully oriented towards PvE players then you should probably separate them. Also, the danger you are talking about is not how AO was designed. Think of The Veil (forgive me of my larp). The Veil focuses on the danger of the maze and they added pvp to the game to make it more dangerous and invoke a feeling of not being so easily trustful of other players. Now look at AO. Yes, it is an exploration game like The Veil but the feeling each game is trying to create is vastly different. AO isnât trying to make a feeling of danger at every corner and you can see it in the game design. Most islands donât have npcs 100% of the time and you can easily avoid these npcs. AO, is instead focusing on how the environment looks and its beauty. From the get go you can tell that AO isnât meant to have forced PvP to encourage a design aspect it was never trying to cultivate.
Youâre joking right..?
Please tell me you donât actually think thatâs why people go on vacations and travel.
i have my thoughts on the other stuff, but what the frick did new york do to you? what areas are you even going into in the first place thatâs putting it on par with antarctica or the jungle? scratch thatâwhy is SINGAPORE THERE???
If you want this experience just play deepwoken, get ganked as a beginner simply because your new to the game (with everything being built around having stakes). AO is simply not that kind of game, and if you want a similar experience just do things on clan servers (same risks and experience). Its not like the toggle removed that experience from the game, its just moved to their own servers now.
I somewhat understand your point about danger and risk (since it did elevate some experiences, but it also worsened a lot of others), but the problem is that the jumpings got more frequent as the game went on longer content droughts (you got jumped/attacked every 20 minutes in the month before FR compared to the 2 hours it took during the seasonal events).
I can pvp somewhat decently so i get that you get enjoyment from the danger and risk, but a lot of players can barely do the combat well enough (i have seen enough max levels use 20 amount beams and blasts to know that the average player is not that good), and without the pvp toggle those players would just stop playing after being killed for zero reason enough times.
If you want this experience just play deepwoken, get ganked as a beginner simply because your new to the game
That experience is closer to rouge lineage than deepwoken
nah in rogue most of the time youâll at least be used as a sacrifice
in deep they do it just out of pure malice
ts almost never happens btw, and if it does, thereâs always a reason
No wayy ![]()
I can concur, in the many years I have played, I observed that only RP players, bad PvPers, and some random guys kills newbies. When I kill someone not full lvl, I give them however money they want (0-10k), so its generally a fair compensation.
Very true, and when you are the one doing it, it feels like embodiment of ascension and enlightenment
I am super bored of raiding clans and having 1 fps, though it is what it is.
AO is officially dead so there is nothing we can doâŚ
bro all just shut up and kiss
