Red Dragon will save arcane odyssey

luck diving is also just way better and a more efficient use of your time than fishing in terms of getting sunkens. even dailies are a better way to get sunkens than fishing now since at least you get other useful things in the process not just a trillion fish, some drowned junk, and maybe a larimar every now and then

don’t get me wrong, i think fishing is a mechanic that is shoehorned in and am a proponent of having it removed entirely, glad it’s finally getting phased out in full release so fish macros arent the way to play the game

Hi, yes, I was jumped at level 98 while exploring the Bronze Sea. My ship was destroyed at Sandfall, and I was promptly killed immediately afterwards.

My ship at the time was empty, I had less than 10k renown, and this person went out of their way to attack me when I hadn’t even seen them before.

The PVP toggle was a godsend and even if it resulted in some players leaving, this game should have never catered to them to begin with, and it’s healthier that they’re gone.

Prior to the toggle, I was ganked around 15-20 times in total. I played for around 150 hours. That’s about one gank every ten hours. Sure, that’s not flipping Deepwoken levels of random murder, but it’s not “once or twice.”

Its kinda pointless to reply to him cuz hes not speaking (and even before that he was a pain to talk with. Literally just cherrypicking comments)

Normally I don’t like to bash people online- no, actually, that’s a lie, I sometimes do—but I swear most of this game’s PVP advocates could be alts of one another like an RB1 hivemind and I would not be surprised at all.

Eh, fair enough. I should know better than to engage with this anyways.

Unironically deepwoken numbers are better basically 1 gank per 0.1-30 hours because of VW and how easy it is to avoid fights

How the actual frick did Deepwoken of all things have a less terrible ganking scene than AO???

Huh?!

yeah like I’ve seen what they’ve said line for line word for word atleast 10, maybe 20 times before.

these people gotta be reading a script or they’re all the same person.

Everyone is just etheir good at pvp

a map where you don’t really need to meet people

VW being the only way to bounty Hunt practically

The fact if you gank someone you will be jumped or spin back on

Also it’s a pd game so your character life is decently important

I love getting jumped while fishing and having 3k bounty like bro

You right there, couldnt be more correct!!! We should not merely remove pvp toggle, but we should drag it into the deepest pits of hell, incinerate in hellfire, stab a million times, crush into dust, scatter to the winds, and erase from every single historical record so no future generation may ever even conceive of such a thing again!

That is unfortunate but IMO that’s what made those times golden. Its not the moments I had it easy that I still remember, but moments of excitement, danger, stress, and risk. People don’t go to adventures, new cities, new places, etc. to be comfortable, to feel like at home or to relax, but they go to taste everlasting pleasure of danger and risk.

For example, I remember being hunted by several ships, losing 400k+ bounties at once, getting one shotted by top 1 players, getting ambushed, being literally thrown into dark sea from ravenna.

The toggle killed all this fun experience, it doesnt feel natural or immersive when everybody in my server wants blood, its not realistic.

I remember being hunted when I got a sunken, it was a fun experience

…I…what? Huh? I don’t think people travel for that?

If you were into extreme sports or something like that, maybe. But if everyone wanted to travel for the sake of being at risk, places like Haiti and Afghanistan would probably have more flights going to it.

My guy :skull: I was thinking more like exploring uncharted regions of Antarctica, trekking through jungles and mazes, discovering ancient ruins, visiting places like Singapore, New York, Chongqing, that kind of stuff, not marching straight into the goddamn Battle of Verdun :skull:

mmm, the riskiest place on earth… new york state…

I mean its really a place to go and explore, its beautiful. It might be not that risky so long you are not living there but its still fine ig. I will still prefer the wildlife of washington though

I love exploring only to get hunted by a muscle-headed chud that just wants to increase his kill count and I get steamrolled. Truly doesn’t interrupt the exploration process. Also, exploration is still good without pvp because there are so many hidden details in some islands. The game is focusing more on discovery than danger when it comes to exploration and if that’s what its going for, it should lean into that more (especially since the latter is disappointing half the community).