Reminders for AO (Part 2)

rare/lost spells are presumably just going to be like base spells but more utility and provide the same role but better. i.e u’ll have the greater replacement of the basic blast spell but it’s more advanced such as having it passively charge like strong blast, or having one of the meteor and other big aoe moves.

like divanochi said base spells are an introduction to low lvl magic as they are fairly simple. ontop of getting rare spells at lvl 30 is really nice cause it means u unlock more moves than just the base ones u get normally in wom and what not. sure u could go back to the base spells but why would u when u got the direct upgrade that does the same thing but with more usage and playstyle

i mean they’re simple attacks, idc about them being “stale” i just want them to deal decent damage

EDIT: Man what am I thinking the guy in the video was a fucking light user nvm

4 Likes

light with all multihits

25 Likes

i just have warlock stat build with snow magic and because of that he cant defeat me :sunglasses:

1 Like

When there are version of a spell that are direct upgrades to those, there’s not much point in using the inferior versions

That’s like saying it’s bad that high quality weapons make low quality weapons useless once you reach the requirements for them. Base spells are the first step stone in magic’s power system

1 Like

rare spells/skills - early game?
lost spells/skills - mid game?
ancient spells/skills - late game?

2 Likes

i mean seeing that vetex said that some rare spells will be obtainable starting at level 30, assuming the same for skills i would guess that is correct

arent skills just another name for spells

fighting styles has skills, magics has spells

Here’s my rates

Rare spells
1/15 chance from scroll chest

Lost spells
1/33 chance from scroll chest

Legendary spells
1/90 chance from scroll chest

nah im pretty sure skills refers to fighting style skills and spells are just magic-based

I heavily doubt that AO will be this kind to us, even if scroll chests are rare vetex does need a reason for us players to actually stay in his game, if anything i’m guessing that Rare spells will be around a 1/50, Lost spells will be a 1/200, and ancient spells will be a 1/1000

god i hope not if magees depend on a certain spell for their build it would take insanely long to get

hopefully you are right :pensive:

theres no way bruh

more reasonable but lost spells are the majority of the spells (though i guess all of them are technically lost spells)
however we dont know what ancients spells are like yet
by their name i guess they are the spells u need for ancient magics

at least it’s not the shiny chance of pokemon

counterpoint: shiny pokemon just look different, the spells actually do something (yes I know that shiny pokemon have good stats but that’s because they are determined by those stats to be a shiny)