Reminders for AO (Part 3)

Aight thx

Im afraid of what gels will come out of that claudron

now didn’t mama tell me not to eat food from the dark sea?

it would be funny if vetex added like corrupted cauldrons/cooking pots which are even stronger than gold but apply insanity 1

anyways potency x2 is god damn insane

imagine perfect gale greatbursts with this, 1.6 potency is absurd

Supernova…

p sure supernova is actually less effective, the larger size is not worth the lowered potency

But still try escaping this whirpool

(With 0 strenght)

3x potency elixirs and 1.4x or some brews

Absurd

1.7x brews (not including brewing skill), place a golden gale brew at stepstones and 5 people won’t have to climb it

It seems implied that we can’t take these home, which sucks, because that would be amazing.

you only get three uses anyway

ZAMN 28 rare spells and 12 kingdoms

28 Rare Spells?! I thought the final count would be around 12 or 15. That’s a lot of scripting, having to code their visual effects for each of the twenty magics…

already posted

Yeah saw the reply to it below me, do I delete what I posted then?

not really, every magic has it’s basic visuals coded, which are automatically used

2 for each sea, so a bare minimum of 10 years left for AO :muscle:

1 Like

Not even sure if that’s counting Lost and Ancient Spells or if it’s just the Rare Spells.

i think it’s just rare spells, all of them together are usually collectively referred to as lost spells iirc

28 is a lot

remember, MAGES will get 3 separate magics at most. 3 x 8 spell slots each magic means 24 slots in total. remember that, just like we do now, we’ll have duplicates of certain spell types because they work all-around and you’ll likely want different variants of it (like blast and beam for us now). of the 28 rare spell types i can see the average pvper using like 15 separate spell types at most unless they’re a mage. only time will tell but i definitely think mages will still have that variability in the true endgame

we also don’t know if the 28 figure represents ALL the rare spells ever or just up until release, and the weekly updates until vetex is done for good could bring more in based on player suggestions and inspiration

adding onto the first part, it makes sense that mages would have a total amount of spell slots around the amount of rare spells, since, well, they’re mages and can utilize their magic a lot more effectively than magic hybrid builds- who would only have 16 spell slots max and likely wouldn’t fill them up greatly with rare spells. their amount of STAT POINTS is another factor that stops them from using a good amount of them