Remove Limb Loss

Remove Limb Loss
effort 3.866666666666667 15 quality 4.0 11 reasonability 4.6 20

Proposal

The limb loss system is unwanted, unfair, and causes only irritation in players. There is no legitimate reason to keep the system in the game; it should be removed completely.

Details

The limb loss system is a mechanic that activates when a player takes 33% of their max HP as damage from a singular hit. When activated, the player has a chance to lose a limb (typically a hand), which then causes moderate bleeding damage. Additionally, if the player loses their right hand, they can no longer utilize many items, as Roblox links gear items to the player’s right arm. Thus, a player that loses their right hand is effectively crippled until they die or rejoin.

This system was added all the way back in World of Magic, working exactly as it does now. To my knowledge, the mechanic has not been modified nor updated since, despite it providing no benefit to the experience of the game, nor contributing to the atmosphere or immersion.

Limb loss was likely implemented as a way of discouraging players from fighting enemies too high above their level, as they would have a chance of being crippled should they get hit even once. However, today the main cause of such high damage does not come from common enemies, but instead from environmental damage—most notably from lightning striking the player, an occurrence made more common with the addition of the Dark Sea.

Reason to add/change

Put simply, I do not believe that any player actually enjoys this system being in-game. It exclusively affects players, hindering them in their gameplay and enjoyment. It more often than not forces the player to rejoin or die in the middle of a session, as there is no way to cure the injury (nor would such be possible, given how Roblox handles limb loss). It wastes the player’s time, and again does nothing overall to benefit the experience in any way. Thus it is only reasonable that this irritating and useless feature be completely removed from the game.

Edit: I forgot to mention; limb loss as a system is unfairly biased against weapon-use classes. While mage and FS classes can still utilize most if not all of their combat abilities with a missing right hand, warriors are left far more hindered, as their weapon is dropped out of the map.

15 Likes

There’s a way to circumvent the drawbacks of limb loss by wearing an armor piece, but yeah, I agree that it could be reworked to some capacity.

I could be wrong, but last I checked, that only happens if you have the armor as displayed on your character. Meaning that if you use vanity slots (something almost everyone does), you will still be subject to limb loss like normal.

5 Likes

cope harder! haha saber dismemberment goes brrrrrr

2 Likes

y’know what’d be better

Some pics of the now removed “weapon death effects”

( we’re probably not getting this because roblox big dumb!! )

2 Likes

These applied on death, my guy. I’d be perfectly fine with these, as they don’t flipping cripple you.

no.

i kinda wish it just made ur limb invisible instead of just deleting it because it leads to so many bugs

also its so dumb for weapon users bruh u just cant play the game if u get struck by lightning

1 Like

This is my additional problem with the current system: it hits weapon users even worse than the other classes. You can actually still use magic with a missing right hand, but not weapons. Whereas a mage can still fight and will have to reset/rejoin later, a warrior is literally completely unable to fight back, and will have to run.

I don’t know about removing it, but I think that the environmental damage shouldn’t cause it atleast. I died due to one lightning strike after farming in the dark sea with a bunch of chests, not a very fun mechanic. In fights I suppose it makes sense because as you said, its meant to discourage fighting enemies wayy above your level.

2 Likes

I could settle for this, honestly. My question is whether or not Vetex can make the game able to distinguish between environmental damage and enemy damage. If it can’t be done, then I’d rather have it removed outright.

1 Like

yeah only work if your character is wearing it

aka

if youre wearing armor on your stats, but have non-armor on vanity, you can still lose your limb

look me in the eyes and say it isnt epic as hell when someone with 125lv beat a 600+ lv atlanthean

2 Likes

An unironically good point. Besides, isn’t being nearly 1-shot enough of a threat?

2 Likes

fair enough. can’t really argue with that, but it would make it cooler if they somehow still won with a lost limb :thinking:

limb loss straight up disable your ability to use weapon ( and some spell and technique if they use that limb’s animation i think )

i dont think thats necessary that all when the one you’re facing can already 1-2 shot you

if you want it for the visual, sure, just dont disable their ability to fight back

2 Likes

Warriors using the force to swing around duel swords with 2 missing arms:

literally too angry to lose

Yeah i can’t really argue about it literally making you unable to fight, that definitely needs to be reworked.
I feel like the changes need to be (if Vetex wants to keep it in of course):

• Unable to lose limbs from environmental damage
  • Unable to lose limbs necessary for fighting
  • Possibly raise the damage requirement to lose a limb
    (such as make it 40%-50% needed to actually lose a limb)
2 Likes

I think it’s cool but there definitely needs to be a way to heal. I really want magic limbs to be real, but that might fuck over weapon and FS users.

2 Likes

yeah at least a way to get it back ( or at least give us the ability to use weapon/fs back somehow ) should fix most of the problem

maybe weapon user start using their mouth/leg or something idk and fs, well, you have the other limb, use it

1 Like