Renown changes discussion

Then deckhands, a pve feature should not be obtained from renown, a pvp feature.

4 Likes

how is deckhands pve? You’re not fighting an event, you’re just getting a stat buff?

that stat buff is very helpful in pve content like npc ship fights, cargo runs, and later dark seas, especially in the future bigger ships that can fit more deckhands.

1 Like

oh my god I can’t play AO without my… +3 ship speed?

cap, 2000 defense is ass

speed better for boarding and running

Exactly!!!

Do you have any idea how useful deckhands really are? 4 speed for one deckhand is good, and you can get an extra 16 speed if you get all 4 speed deckhands. Ship Speed is one of the most important and useful stats in the whole game, because the most tedious challenge is actually sailing from island to island. Ship speed will make this problem null. I have a 113 speed ketch and I can go from Ravenna to Redwake in like 3 minutes.

Defense deckhands are objectively worse than power deckhands which can allow 700 damage per cannon ball, but are still useful.

“They hated him because he spoke the truth.”

Initially I thought It was good because this incentives players to actually earn their fame and not just mindlessly PvE their way to the leaderboard but I realized this quite literally makes it impossible to earn effective deckhands.

I don’t even do PvP in my 2nd and 3rd file mostly because I’m pure mage and the files are warlord and knight(planned to be warden) so guess I won’t be earning easy fame for my PvE files rip lol.

…No it doesn’t.

Listen here, a legendary deckhand gives 5 speed, while a rookie deckhand gives 4. There’s almost no difference.

In the future renown requirements are likely to increase and Vetex will probably rework it, that’s what I thought.

Also because earning a million fame is hard for a fame player because Villains are hard to come by especially if your server region is not the same as theirs even if you hunt LB players.

Yes, in the future, but that’s gonna be pretty far away. Also, Renown shouldn’t have ever affected deckhands anyway.

I know, I wish it could’ve been more like it depends on what feats you have instead of just pure renown, hopefully Vetex will rework it in some way because the way I see it it’s gonna be excruciating to farm high amounts of fame or bounty even.

what I meant is that a 100k renown deckhand would give like 1 or two less than a 700k renown one

You cant have 4 speed deckhands, you can only put 3 even on a ketch

3x4 is still 12 tho

Deckhands are meant to be a reward for players that also pvp

that’s just stupid

1 Like