Reset level prompt

Reset level prompt
effort 2.846153846153846 13 quality 3.25 12 reasonability 3.785714285714286 14

your average player also doesn’t own WoM, so eh…

it’s vetex’s vision at the end of the day, if he feels like the flow of the game’s story and the game’s intent is more important, he’ll wipe out all the levels and would be justified in doing so. it’s not like they paid for levels.

any further bitching if the levels were wiped would be just that: bitching. nothing worth much consideration.

Unnecessary coding, just make a new file. And don’t hit me with that “my items and stats” bs, because you can just get an alt to carry items over. Who cares about your player kills and hours besides some sweaty guild one might want to get into?

1 Like

We’re talking about WoM players, you know that so stop acting like we aren’t.

If vetex turned the entire game to a gacha cashgrab then he would be justified in doing so, saying it’s justified doesn’t make it a good idea.

Doesn’t mean levels should be wiped, by that logic all items and stats should be wiped since they didn’t pay for it.

doesnt reset itesm, only level

how am I acting like we aren’t talking about WoM players?

my statement of it wasn’t paid → it can reasonably be wiped =/= it wasn’t paid → it should be wiped.
levels are not as valuable as items and stats. ideally, all three would be wiped, but the other two are too unreasonable.

yeah true. but wiping levels is a good idea in the sense that the experience he wants to give players from the start of the game to its finish is more important than any other thing. if he shares my sentiment then deleting the levels is unavoidable.

it really depends on how he wants AO to be perceived. does he want it to be like an entirely new game? then the best bet would probably be to delete the levels. does he want it to be just an unusually large update? then maybe don’t.

I literally said just because it can be doesn’t mean it should

If you blind someone then they can better appreciate their other senses, doesn’t make it suddenly a good idea. That’s why it being voluntary is better.

If he wants it to be an entirely new game, everything should be wiped. If he doesn’t, then nothing should be wiped and a lot of AO’s core features are still the same as WoM’s.

yes, but you were responding to me. you said that according to my logic all items and stats should be wiped since they didn’t pay for it. you could only make the assumption that that would apply in my logic if you assumed that this statement was what I meant.

not going to entertain this with a full response. how is blinding someone in real life in any way similar to deleting save files?

I said “perceived”. There are some features that would not disrupt the perception to players, like items which would be unusable when they start anyway.

wait, how is me saying “your average player also doesn’t own WoM, so eh…” me acting like we aren’t talking about WoM players? the fuck? actually genuinely curious to hear what you mean by this, i’m confused.

Removing something so they experience something else better, but it is a large exaggeration.

Ah yes spawning into an entirely new world with a shit ton of high level items will make my perception of a “New Game” completely normal.

I misunderstood what you said as “your average WoM player doesn’t play WoM”

i’m all for a level wipe

There’s not much effort you can put into a post like this other than post organization, plus a level reset is optional. I like it.

normal enough to be tolerated. if i had my way everything would get wiped, but that’s too unreasonable as i have said. levels aren’t as difficult to obtain as other things, and they do directly change your experience seeing as you won’t be able to play the early game as intended.

But it still takes quite a bit of time to obtain so why force it on people that don’t want it instead of making it optional if they want to have that experience or not.

personally, i’d say by creating a game and forcing players to abide by its rules i am already restricting their choice on what experience they want, and thus the experience i want them to have trumps all, even the consensus of the community.

the player’s job is to judge the experience as worth of their time and either play it or leave. so it really depends on how he wants the players to perceive the update, since that will inform his decision. if i were to personally make an update like AO, i’d want everyone to have to play the game from the beginning.

also because choosing to keep your levels feels very inorganic. not talking about deleting slots by the way.

I’ve seen games, when they get remastered, give players the choice to either stay as they are or wipe for an exclusive cosmetic.

That’s the route I’d say would work best.
Pros:
1: People have no reason to complain, if you wasn’t willing to grind but wanted the cosmetic, no.
2: Let people start the storyline at their own pace
3: Trading

Cons:
1: Literally nothing. Maybe you’ll get RK’d some as a low level again but that’d happen regardless.

The question is not ‘why?’.
The question is ‘why not?’.

people can breeze through the storyline at max level and call it bad

ok but you see
that was their choice and if they didn’t expect to breeze through the story when they start at max level, they’re too dumb for me to care about.

Then just have a panel saying “It is recommended to reset levels to better experience the new story” or something

its still gonna cause way more and longer whining than if it was forced

if it was forced: people will whine until they reach lvl 90

if it wasnt forced: people will whine for ages because the storyline was “too easy”