RFAO Split: Item Modifiers

If we assume all of them have drawbacks like atlantean? Then it will either be a drawback of stats:

(I.E. Frozen gives more defense but removes agility)

Or a unique drawback with a constant status effect

(I.E. Frozen gives permanent freezing 1, and some defense.)

So if it IS the status effect one my best guess would be:

Frozen - Freezing
Sandy - Sandy (Permanent screen effect? Ew, hope not)
Superheated - Overheated
Drowned - Soaked
Blasted - Charred
Crystalline - Crytalized?
Archaic - ?

Could also be a mix of the two, or neither of the above.

They’re much easier to get, for one thing. You likely wouldn’t switch to them unless you want an insanity-less build. Which is valid.

if this is bronze sea its going to take like 50 hours to get a pvp viable set at level 500 jesus christ, and i thought gems were grindy

more variety is cool though, plus these dont seem to have an atlantean essense equivelant so itll probably fall into niche builds with the few non boss drops that are good

1 Like

Quick question how many gem slots does steel armor have?

2 like everything else

I think I know what the modifiers might do then

Concept that would suck and not be fun: besides stat changes, modifiers also inflicting their associated status effect on hit

This feature is cool until you realize how little people use chest gear to make their endgame build.

How to get blasted modifier items.
Step 1: make a new file
Step 2: do redwake quests
step 3: get sailboat.
step 4 (optional). finish frostmill island. Avoid elm and mango island.
step 5: visit akursis keep.
step 6: farm chests for tresure charts. The only treasure charts you should get would be Frostmill, Akursis Keep, Pine, and Jungle. Both pine and Jungle can be avoided by ignoring enzior’s quest.

You’d need to grind to level 100 without visiting any other island, otherwise you can’t get useful equipment to drop - it would all be leather armour and no arcspheres.
Still, it’s possible through a lot of cargo trading between frostmill and redwake, or even more fishing, so I imagine some people will do this.

it would be painful to level up with the new 50% reduction on exp from crates. But all the charts you will get will be in a fairly close area and charts lvl you up about once each one you complete. So about 60-80 charts to hit lvl 100

and every item would have a chance to have the new effect on it.

1 Like

and i still cant find them either, its crazy how low of a chance of getting those arkusis keep charts are. I wished they were tradable tbh. I’m extremely close to finishing, about 3% left. these treasure charts fr

so we can have drowned sunken pieces
o no
3 drowneds and 2 atlanteans, double enchants everywhere

The only use of this is finding sunken pieces with the drowned modifier, otherwise it’s just yet more junk to clutter your inventory.

1 Like

it depends entirely on what drowned gives as a buff and what its drawback is.

the grind for drowned sunken gear…

The grind never ends Johnny boy!

level 250 isn’t out yet and every players gonna get end game gear

hohoho i can’t wait to grind a set of powerful drowned atlantean sunken set with perfect jewelcrafting only for vetex to release the protection 4 thorns 3 unbreakable awakened meteoric burst over heaven swamp sunken with the sussy modifier

4 Likes

other people can still dug them up, you can still tell them the location

very unreliable, but its something