Robin's futile attempt at solving the riddles

Yes, I know I’m late.

Golden ichor, eh? My first guess was that the player was somehow descended from one of the Greek gods. But, uh, that was disproven:

(I’ll be quoting Peppa a lot, by the way. Since they make some pretty good points)

Perhaps this ‘ichor’ doesn’t mean that our character is descended from the gods, but rather, they somehow found and drank nectar. For those who don’t know, nectar is a powerful substance (most often thought to be a drink) that the gods would consume. It also bestowed immortality to any mortal that consumed it (perhaps giving them protagonist-like powers as well?). Now, ichor isn’t only the blood of the gods, it also flows through the veins of other immortals. Like, for instance, a random-ass protagonist who somehow consumed nectar (gaining immortality).

Source: https://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/Elements/Nectar/nectar.html

Fire the furnace that burns still, even if you have to inherit its will.

I feel like Peppa is right about this one:

Hephaestus’ forge seems to be the most likely candidate for this one, as he is the GOD of forges. The riddle says that the fires in said forge ‘burn still’ meaning that, even after centuries of unuse, the fires are still burning. Perhaps waiting for someone to inherit its will? Whatever that may be…

The sword of time pierces all, brace yourself for the fall

Ah, not quite, I’m afraid. The harpe is actually a cross between a sickle and a sword, as shown here:

Now, in some alternative translations, harpe is actually a more traditional scythe, but this specific translation fits better with my theory. So we’re going with that one!

Interestingly enough, harpe was Kronos’ (the god of time’s) weapon of choice. Fitting into the sword of time part of the riddle

Brace yourself for its fall

hmmm…

Now this is a bit of a stretch but what if harpe is actually stuck high up in the atmosphere like the grand fire curses? And it only falls when someone (maybe Kronos) is worthy of wielding it? Yeah idk, that’s honestly the best I could do.

Those who sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind.

Peppa’s insight makes a lot of sense with a feature that we learned of after the riddle was posted.

Empathy, courage, and wisdom. These are stats that you gain after doing certain quests or choosing certain dialogue options. Perhaps this means that these stats will come into play during the story? Only time will tell, I suppose…

Riddle #2 time

This one stumped me.

Maybe it’s a metaphor (no idea if I’m using that word in the right context) for the war seas? A struggle for each kingdom to maintain peace in their circle of possible alliances, whilst also preparing to annihilate their enemies?

Or maybe I’m completely wrong, and it’s a hint about how the main character is gonna bring peace to all the war seas through immense violence (which is really the only solution to these sorts of problems).

Actually, something just occurred to me.

What if it represents the Grand Navy? A (PRESUMABLY) neutral party desperately trying to keep some semblance of order in the war-torn seas. One that tries to contribute the everything it has to creating a world in which everyone is supported and protected? One that, in times of need, will strike at it’s enemies with the force of a raging storm? That’s my best guess at least.

Welp, that’s about it. Half of this stuff was an educated shot in the dark. So feel free to try and piece things together for yourself in the replies. Just, y’know, be respectful if you disagree with someone’s opinion, alright?

6 Likes
3 Likes

Damn bro you got the whole squad laughing

2 Likes

Seems more like a khopesh than a harpe

Also, i think you might’ve described the grand navy perfectly. I’m pretty sure they’re more of a law enforcement using neutrality rather than a corrupt government system like AG

2 Likes

there are many variations of harpe. A lot of them look even more like a khopesh. Some of them look like a sword with a hook in the middle. Look up a few pictures and you’ll see what I mean.

You did a lot better than I could do :man_shrugging:. I wasn’t even sure how the second riddle was a riddle.

1 Like

I don’t think it was ever stated the Grand Navy were a neutral party, a neutral party would be something like the merchant’s guild from AA

yea, that’s why I said it was presumably a neutral party.

The war seas has a lot of, y’know, war. Since the Grand Navy is supposed to replace the MC as the good guys that hunt down the big bads. It wouldn’t really make sense if they were allied with one kingdom, then suddenly appeared in an enemy kingdom to hunt down a bad rep doin bad rep stuff.

Of course, I have no idea how the GN will actually WORK, but since nothing is gonna be revealed about it for awhile, ima just assume that they work relatively the same as the MC and NOT the AG (y’know, cuz the AG never actually did anything unless you went into one of their hideouts).

So that’s why I assumed that the GN was neutral.

1 Like

me neither tbh

1 Like

Considering we got a (presumably good rep) deserter as a companion, I doubt so. Then again the AG was more incompetent than actually corrupt.

a bit of both, I feel

also, it’s a bit hard to tell Edward’s allegiance. I’d assume that he’s also neutral, but left the GN for other reasons.

Corrupt implies briberies and manipulation. Yeah sure the head honcho was exactly the latter but the rest seem just bad at their job.

yeah, so both