Roblox is Doing it Again

I don’t think I need to explain why this is fucking TERRIBLE for AO aswell as a metric shit ton of other roblox games.

Basically: If vetex (or any other developer) uses any UGC item in their game that they didn’t make or doesn’t exist in a group they made, if a player ever interacts with that item then it is mandatory that there is a popup to buy it.
All limited UGC items are just fucking gone from games now.
All of this goes into effect on the 27th of this month, get ready!!!

4 Likes

any roblox adventure game that has in-game customization is going to suffer.

this just single-handedly killed any desire for me to make a roblox game in the future
powering imagination.

1 Like

we love endless popups here at roblox™.

so every time I change my gear I get popups. I see.

This change will not go through otherwise every major game on the platform will be taken down

Even Cindering posted in the thread (Creator of Roblox High School and RHS 2):

When will Roblox learn from the countless replies against this change that it’s a bad idea. Also, giving developers only a 1 week notice of this is insane!

2 Likes

4 Likes

what game does Cindering make?

roblox is losing money every second they try to gain money.

How many items in AO are gonna get nuked by this change?

how many armor sets are there? then multiply by 3

Not to mention hair and facial expressions.

Roblox High School, Roblox High School 2, and Super Striker League

ah. I see. Some fairly popular games with a lot of outfits.

13 Likes

If this DOES go through (I doubt it), but we should reach to all corners of the community to gather volunteer modelers- should Vetex need them, in order to help out as best as we can to remake all the models custom-built for AO.

Ins and co. simply cannot make 800 models on their own. It would be a huge undertaking, crunching for weeks.

I’ll throw my hat in the arena.

luckily Ins has already remodeled every single unique weapon aswell as a few other things lol.

Yes- as a hobby over a long period of time. Imagine having to do that for EVERYTHING. From character hairs, to clothing, to apples, to Complex stuff like Cannons!

And from then on, you’d have to essentially work full time! Vetex needs new armor? Someone has to make the set. Vetex wants to add a new cannon, someone might have to model it.

What’s with game engines/platforms and deciding to fuck up their PR? First Unity, then Roblox (sort of doing it twice with the A.I. bullshit and now this).

4 Likes

ROBLOX try not to be the worst game platform in existence challenge