Sameria lacks test dummy NPC's

Sameria lacks test dummy NPC's https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/5/1/512929eca9e01e617efb650eb012ad14373bc398.jpeg
effort 4.75 4 quality 5.0 4 reasonability 4.809523809523809 21

Add some kind of easily killable soldiers, or any type of NPC (maybe even a specifically built test dummy) so we can test our build’s damage like we did in Ravenna. We can kill Samerian soldiers on their ships so there’s no reason not to have some roaming around the cities.

As for how to incorporate test dummies into the lore, you could have them laying around on some open area with the excuse that Sameria uses them to train their soldiers. Each one would have 500 or 1000 hp and they respawn just like any other NPC.

Immortal test dummies would be weird because then why aren’t people just wearing test dummies as armor since they’re impenetrable?

10 Likes

I figure having “test dummy” NPC’s available in, or at least near all bigger settlements consistently is, in fact, a good thing. Having them being actual dummies would probably be better.

4 Likes

I miss my beloved punching bags

3 Likes

Agree

guys he just wants to kill people

1 Like

We love killing innocent npc that mind their own business

Yeah we need either fodder NPCs or actual training dummies. I like testing my smallest sized spells’ damage against the little dudes to see how much it does.

FR, I cant test my attacks without nearly dying in Nimbus

1 Like

this is the best suggestion I’ve ever seen

We need test dummy NPCs in like EVERY major area

I think we might get them in the empire updates, when we build our base I’d imagine we’d get a test dummy so your clan can test how powerful your attacks can be!

1 Like

Im hoping theyll be added when Samerias story is finished- Or maybe MAYBE… kingdom alignment?! Either way… Yus, as a collective we must vaporize more NPCs…

We need this

I guess its now a minitrend to reply with only reasonability 5, but yeah it’s a good idea.

I think immortal test dummies are fine, but if they aren’t immortal then they should respawn fast and also have some very high health variants. Maybe also a blocking/parrying/resistance variant as well.

Currently we have a good relation with Sameria so we can’t exactly go around killing their soldiers, but maybe we can dog on a seperate faction within Sameria (Sun temple monks cough cough)

other nimbus people are WAY too op
bring back ravenna ensigns!
give us samerian ensigns!

yes, at last we can farm npc kills in nimbus

Oooh, brainwave from that.

Imagine practicing team combo strats at your clan’s base. On an invincible(or repairable(or quickly respawning high health)) target, you can practice proccing Status effect synergies with your clan to your heart’s content, figuring out the best ways to keep bosses immobile or constantly under DOT through coordinated effort.

Yes, I quite like the sound of that.

1 Like

Suspension of disbelief and function over form; there are already examples of this in-game (classes, ship spawning and despawning, unmoving passive NPCs)

Having NPCs to test damage on is a nice quality of life feature and one I can’t see being difficult or time consuming to implement, maybe it was already planned and vetex didn’t have time as he was trying to force the update out the door

I like the idea of test dummies being added with clan building, quality of life features like that being bundled as buildables would also give PvE incentive to form clans and claim islands

1 Like

WHY DID YOU NAME THE FILE RACISM2
full sentence

I hate italians