Screw it, custom magic weapons

7 Likes

LMAO this is funny

diamond magic exists

Ik but the screenshot is funny

Sounds like a weapon for a god

Still pretty cool

Yā€™know what? Iā€™m going full industrial fucking revolution here. With a side of steampunk, since that was a planned part of AA.

Arcane Bladesaw

A chainsaw powered by the magic energy of the user. Whenever itā€™s on, it will always drain your magic. It has three modes (toggled with Y, I guess): Basic, Conducting, and Sparking.

The basic mode conducts no magic whatsoever, but it still drains your magic energy, as thatā€™s how the dynamo of this thing works. It literally runs off of magic energy. This mode applies bleed, and, if Vetex were to ever add it back, would probably stack bleeds too, and hits multiple times per swing, dealing low damage every tick, but still being dangerous. The Conducting mode is fairly self-explanatory, now youā€™re using more magic energy when you swing it to unleash your magic through the arcanium sawblades. This mode lets you actually cast spells bound to it as well. And finally, Sparking mode. This mode lets you justā€¦ Unleash sparks of magic from the motor of the damn thing, for way more magic energy. These sparks do low damage, but are numerous, and apply your magicā€™s effect, and are passive, but generate more when you attack. Or in other words, yes, itā€™s literally the butcherā€™s chainsaw from Terraria.

Some skills:
Q - A thrust that, when it hits, digs deep into the victim, dealing loads of damage, and the damage tick will deal 40% more damage.
E - A spin attack. No explanation needed. No damage ticks.
R - Rev the chainsaw up, before putting it into overdrive, consuming a lot of magic energy for the mode itā€™s in, and having your attacks with damage ticks doubled for like 6 seconds. In Sparking mode this also unleashes an absolute bullet hell of sparks, but removes the damage tick boost.
X - Grab someone, and then saw their side down with the chainsaw. Damage ticks do 20% more damage, and the stun lasts for like 4 seconds, dealing damage every tick during that.
Z - This is where the fun begins. Only usable in Sparking mode, this attack unleashes a storm of sparks all around you.

I might make more since this is fun

3 Likes

I have a custom weapon idea but Iā€™m on my phone so I canā€™t do it currently

But itā€™s basic idea is that itā€™s an exalted magic weapon that uses lunar magic, and changes weapon form with Z

diamon nuggets

Iā€™m on a computer now so i can do my idea better.

It would be a lunar magic exalted staff, dripping with the dark water. Since its a liquid magic, the original user found a way to change the staff between different weapons.

How it would work

Summary

The weapon would start off as a magic staff, but can switch between 6 weapons with Z. It either would cycle or be random. Each weapon has an LMB (minus the staff) and 2 moves, being Q and E. The 6 weapons are:
Staff
Dagger
Katana
Scythe
Bow
Battle Axe

The Weapons + Moves

Summary

Staff Mode

Moves

Q - Lunar Shots
The user sends 6 small blasts of lunar magic via the weapon that have a slight homing. If held down it sends 11 small blasts.

E - Lunar Ray
The user sends 3 beams of lunar magic that hit wherever the userā€™s cursor is. The beams stay for around 7 seconds, but can stay up to 14 seconds if E is held down long enough.

Dagger Mode

Moves

LMB
Very fast LMB that does a small amount of damage

Q - Astral Slices
The user sends 15 small slices of lunar magic. If Q is held long enough it sends 20 slices.

E - Astral Guillotine
The user sends a small but long slice of lunar magic of which is similar to a beam. If it hits a person it deals 3/8 of their hp. If held down it does 6/8.

Katana Mode

Moves

LMB
Moderate speed LMB that does a good amount of damage.

Q - Celestial Bites
Sends 3 vertical slashes of lunar magic

E - Celestial Breaker
Sends a large, horizontal slash of lunar magic. Explodes on contact with a wall or a player. Does a big amount of damage

Scythe Mode

Moves

LMB
Moderate speed LMB that does good damage

Q - Galactic Blades
Similar to katana Q except horizontal

E - Galactic Killer
Similar to katana E except vertical. Does a big amount of damage

Bow Mode

Summary

LMB
Moderate speed LMB that sends an arrow conducting lunar magic

Q - Star Burst
Sends an arrow that splits into 3 other arrows if held in air for enough time. When on contact with a wall or player, it does a small explosion of lunar magic.

E - Star Strikes
Sends 15 arrows that each make a moderate sized explosion. If held down long enough it will send 20 arrows.

Battle Axe Mode

Summary

LMB
Does a big, slow LMB that does a lot of damage.

Q - Orbed Explosion
Sends the axe head into the ground, causing a big explosion of lunar magic. Would have a charge up before sending the explosion.

E - Orbed Tsunami
Sends the axe head into the ground, causing a giant wave of lunar magic to appear. Would have a small charge up before it sends it, and the wave would be very slow but do a lot of damage.

2 Likes

I tried to make it balanced the best I could, but i already know there are definitely imbalances in the thing

Oversimplified rpg moment

Swiss knife but its actual magic?

Its supposed to act like ancient cursed daggers but only 1 dagger and no curses.

ACK. Sorry, tfs goin on with forum rn?

messages started randomly multiplying for me

It happens when you click on what someone was replying to (If what theyā€™re replying to is fairly far back in the threat), or at least so I believe. Just reload and youā€™ll be fine, itā€™s purely visual.

Was gonna put mine here, but my idea is too similar to anotherā€™s (coincidences are fun).

Iā€™m assuming your character has super strength since heā€™s doing all this stuff with a CHAINSAW