Sea Curses are weird. And kind of dumb

what if you could fire off energy if you trained hard enough

literally dbz

rightttt i forgot humans in AU are much stronger due to magic pollution

There are two kinds of Sea Curse.
Elemental, which have a corresponding magic, and External, curses that have no magic counterpart.
The Lazarus Curse, Shockwave Curse, and Absorption Curse are all examples of Externals.
(and there are Five Grand Flame curses, Inferno, Darkflame, Aethereal Flame, Scorch, and Promethean Flame.)

hey i don’t remember whether or not this actually notifies any of you if i edit it to include quotes from you but uuuh
i put in some responses

i wonder if humanity will able to do any external-type stuff without the need for curses (though not anything as crazy as absorption of magic and the AU version of a zenkai boost lazarus)

weapons and strength people already get a passive magical thing going on once they get powerful enough, right?

idk what passive stuffs you are talking about tbh but if its anything related, gods dont… didnt have magic nor curse, they are just… that. Basically, Poiseidon can control the sea and sht isnt because he used magic or curses, he just will it ( it could have been retconned however so take this with a grain of salt )

apparently he used a certain method to do that instead of pure power

whats that method was that, you might ask

excellent question my friend

none of us fcking know, im not sure if either Tech or Vet know tbh

as i said, Gods didnt have curses, they had what they have in the og myth, tho maybe severly nerfed since Prometheus, who’s said to have foresight was defeated by Arthur, maybe its an oversight, maybe its because of the method that was used to kill him, who know

all of the curses was created by Prometheus when Arthur forced him to, only Absorption was created/tampered by Hades iirc

now im kinda wonder if Gods could use primordial/circleless magic… maybe thats what they have instead?

this is an interesting point actually, since i can imagine things like growth and shockwave become a magic, maybe ancient or rare mutation

but the defination of external curse is that they dont have a magic counterpart, so…

thats unique to magic users i believe, they just passively uses magic in their attack

people born without magic wont be able to do that

or maybe they can, everyone has mana in them after all

Well curses are stronger and purest form of magic however the wiki did state that it combines man and magic as one, maybe the death curse actually does instantly kill you but since Morden was probably in a terrible state of mind (with him ranting about how he is tired of losing everyone and all)

He probably has a much weaker version of the Death Curse due to him being so sad and all, as like it stated, combines man and magic as one so im assuming the stronger your “inner self” is the powerful the curse is.

Also about the Lazarus Curse thing, It is an External Curse, don’t know what is truly considered external but I heard the word Lazarus has a meaning related to the curse’s ability so idk. There could be an External Curse where a user is made so confident that he can read people’s thoughts and movements without any special powers at all, just an example.

it depends really, its more “the more you give in to your curse, the stronger you become. But at the same time, you also risk losing your humanity” kind of thing

fire curse made Rupin more violent due to fire’s natural destructive nature and Rupin’s past, so maybe it also depend on the user

If the Rupin was a more peaceful guy maybe he could have embodied the positive traits of fire instead (warmth, home, etc)

Death, as WarmWater said, is not necessary edgy, it could also mean peace and acceptance, along with other stuffs

Morden seems lean toward the negative traits more and since he also has to restrain himself, ig he would be weaker

itd be interesting if in the end Morden finally accept the inevitability of death or smt and unleash his full, controlled power

if it doesnt have a magic counterpart, its an external curse

Yes, this is what I meant by an inner self connection. Rupin was the guardian of the Fire Curse and probably was a warrior since he fended off many pirates, he was bound to be violent in the end and he connected his Inner Self through the Fire Curse making it stronger, whether it was good or not.

So if a person whose a psychopath stays true to himself by murdering innocent people the curse would get stronger.

the best external curse is the femtex fart curse

believed to have been forged via the fusion of lesser curses the @StarForDays curse, and the @OLEG curse.

its powers make you have, “electrifying” flatulence…

Freedrock literally being the last (living?) human with primitive magic:

You do know primitive magic also didn’t use magic circles right? Did you even read the doc, magic circles were invented long after the death of basically every god, humans had magic on par with gods.

That we know of*
Also Which magic does he use?

devil fruit

I just said, primitive magic

He’s not limited to 1 element

Note: Cursebeard used this magic to kill Prometheus

You can get magic versions of the grand fires

Yeah it’s basically a stronger shadow/darkness. Since it’s a dark, withering energy is likely just became associated with death

Yes you can shoot harmful dark energy out of a circle

It’s external, not elemental

Yes, gods had immensely powerful magic. People even though Poseidon had the Stormcloud curse due to his power, but it was just something he could do

According to Tech, the Prometheus wasn’t killed by conventional means. Cursebeard needed to do something special to kill him.

i forgot whether or not being undead buffs, nerfs, or keeps those revived at the same level of ability they had before

because depending on which one it is, what did theos have to do to even barely get a win?