Sea Curses are weird. And kind of dumb

Those revived under Durza’s control are typically limited in power (at least, Prometheus was when fighting Theos).

Theos just went all out I guess. He’s a massively powerful wizard, probably the strongest human that doesn’t have a curse.

What time were primitive magics around?

1 Like

theos the greatest

During the era where Aurem was being burned, after Prometheus first gave magics to humans. Primitive magic used a small part of a person’s soul to cast, making it a detrimental practice. Primitive magic (and magic use as a whole) was lost to time after the fall of Olympus, until the resurgence of magic via magic circles a few centuries later

What year would this be? Does this mean Theo’s used primitive magic

Y1 - Y227, about 800 years before Theos’ time

its an external curse not an elemental
this post seems more like you complaininag about magics than curses

i know this already
i know this from the last 3 posts that said the exact same thing

imagine a different universe where, while pk and theos were fighting prometheus, the pheonix curse comes flying down and lands on theos causing an explosion which kills pk

didn’t the player only arrive when the battle was already over? i know AR has a prometheus boss fight but i’m pretty sure they did that just because they felt like they wanted a sort of finale to the third sea

Yeah, the player arrives near the end of the battle before Theos defeats prometheus

would be cool to see the curse somehow de-age theos and then he becomes the new pk

it was actually stated at some point that a death curse wouldn’t exist, because it wouldn’t make sense for you to be able to transform into “death”. that was retconned, as shown very plainly by the fact that morden literally is the death curse bearer.

as for the lazarus curse, i think external curses just don’t let your transform. valencia couldn’t just turn herself into shockwaves if necessary (i think??)

The hell you read that lol?

Fucker doesn’t know what lost and ancient magics are :skull::skull::skull:

Lazarus is an external curse they do not grant the same abilities and I believe still allow you to safely touch irradiated seawater (may be wrong on this one point) they do things such as allow you to revive stronger if you’re lucky or control the tides (make seawater move which is very good when used as a super curse in conjunction with an internal elemental curse)

iirc The Energy Curse wasn’t simply unlimited energy/mana, you could actually do DBZ stuff with it from like an old drawing vetex made

5 Likes

Bro had a metamancing self synergy

Lazarus isn’t an element. There is a difference between Elemental Curses and External Curses. I think Elemental generally follows more of the Laws of nature. Which would be why a death and cloud curse exist.

fuck off
sorry, i’m a dragonball fan, i can’t read
and i don’t remember seeing anything talking about death and etc as ancient magics in the lore doc/trello (it only lists scorch and electron)
i COULD probably try to scour the AR wiki or a youtube video or something for a list but…
no. either vetex wants to reveal how all that works throughout the course of AO or he’s just so unorganized that it’s not worth trying to find out all the old shit from AA

i’m guessing that was well before this

i wasn’t keeping myself entirely up to date throughout the 2+ years of development which is probably on me but whatever

According to this qna thing, External curses were created by the gods, then they decided to experiment the curses by giving one to a human. One example is Freedrock being given the Lazarus curse.

1 Like