Sea Monster Bounties

Sea Monster Bounties https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/c/b/cb7dac5240531140e860bc769721ba9eea3d1c47_2_648x1023.jpeg
effort 4.935483870967742 62 quality 4.95 60 reasonability 4.919354838709677 62

It’s possible, but I would like to ask politely not to be annoying with it. Of course there is a lot of support for the idea, but shoving it in Vetex’s face or saying he HAS to add it could come off as obnoxious

that is true

The bounties should be posted by the navy instead of individual sailors and merchants. The navy sails the same seas as merchants and sailors to protect them, and are just as likely to get attacked. They also have more of an incentive to throw money at the issue, especially the issue of sea monsters that migrate. The interests would be very diffuse. It’s the same reason why individual sailors and merchants don’t post bounties for pirates. Not only merchants and sailors benefit, but also the towns that buy cargo from sailors or sell cargo to them. Also, if sea monsters in one region got killed, but sea monsters in another region were still alive, there’s a chance for them to repopulate. It’d be more believable if in the lore the navy was trying to wage a war of extermination on sea monsters, if people don’t really care about the ecological balance of things

I don’t feel like the navy manages anything about sea monsters, just managing criminals, and it not being from the navy would also let wanted people do the bounties

Can’t wanted people already do bounties

even still I think it makes more sense if sailors were the ones who posted the sea monster bounties since the navy is more focused on criminals n shit anyways

1 Like

They don’t have to be though. The underlying reason why the grand navy handles pirates is because they affect all kingdoms, and operate far offshore outside any kingdom’s territory. Sea monsters are no different. Plus, it’s not like they’re so specialized in dealing with criminals that they can’t do anything about sea monsters even if they want to. The proposal is about putting bounties on sea monsters, which the navy can obviously do. They might even already own the bounty boards where they could put new posters for sea monsters. In fact, you might be able to technically say that sea monsters commit crimes

2 Likes

The sea monster hunting board should be available almost everywhere except wilderness islands

That’s what I would suggest. Likely on the docks of every civilized island.

Amazing suggestion! Love that it would help us find sea beasts instead of just randomly encountering them through sheer luck.

theres like 1000+ in total, active probably around ~250 at most and ~100 at the least ig

aight, i think we’re tied now. one more vote

two more actually, it’s 151 to 152

did the suggestion pass it now

equal, 152 to 152

aight one more vote

THIS POST IS (metamorphically) IMMORTAL!!!

I simp for this suggestion

this is the most popular suggestion now :confetti_ball: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :confetti_ball:

1 Like