(Series) A Diary of Regrets - Chapter Two

The (not) long-awaited continuation of (Potential Series?) A Diary of Regrets

Yep. We’re back at it again. Welcome back, let the story continue

Finally, bringing your attention back to the diary, you flip the page over to read the second entry… It seems things only got worse for the author of this record of a life.

“Great. Shipwrecked on some random iceberg in the middle of the passageway to Redwake and Dawn Island, just great! Now I’ll have to cover the damages to my boat AND the unpaid debt! Gods dammit, I hope this stupid scroll here actually gets me some good money… Especially since these silver coins likely aren’t worth shit. They’re just silver! So what, twenty galleons a piece for seven?! That won’t cover this sailboat! I-” But then you closed the book, thinking about what you just read…

A debt, on a sailboat? Why wouldn’t 140 galleons cover just enough of it, alongside a fishy scroll, and some treasure locked away in some chests? Did a piece of the paper fall out of the book? Such suspicions warrant looking around, where you find a fragment of the missing page. Reading it, you find the following, abruptly starting, and unfinished, transcriptions

“-overboard some chests. She’s taken some hefty hits to the- -oard side, now I can’t bring the full haul in. Going to try and kite these navy s-” That’s all you could find, but it explained everything. This poor man had lost a lot of treasure to keep his ship afloat, and now he’s on this iceberg. But this reminds you of an incident you had heard about roughly weeks ago. Some angry fool, fought the Grand Navy, hit an iceberg, attempted to pay a debt off, didn’t repair his ship right, and later faced a dangerous sea worm, seemingly out of a suicidal attempt to better his life. But it has never been clear if he truly died. Perhaps, just maybe…

Could this diary be the answer to the madman’s fate? Was this written by him?
The storm rages on, so you have nothing better to do than keep reading.

4 Likes

still sad that it aint about aritz :frpensive:

jkjk very pog diary entries

holy FUCK how did you see this so soon?

oh right.

It’s irrelevant, but my AA OC sailed too far into the Dark Sea and died, but his ship survived and sailed all the way to the War Seas where my main AO OC found it.

I don’t know, the graphic diary entry here reminded me of that.

my ass woulda skipped to the end of the book :t_: