⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ First Weapon Skills, New Leak!

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Sunday, August 15, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Music You Should Hear!

Blossom Haze
By Tee Lopes

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
Sonic Mania OST - Press Garden Act 2 - YouTube

:scroll:

Trello News!

Buckle in… or not! It’s quite short this week, actually. This is because he’s been working on weapon skills, which is quite the chore! Short list of things to show here, but we’ll get it done!

First of all, Vetex has finished the first weapon skill. This is the knife throw! Of course, with revamped visuals, it’ll look epic (All weapon types are equal in how good they are in combat :nod:!)

Now take a look at this screenshot :eyes:

Screenshot 2021-08-15 at 8.49.58 PM

On the top, we can see that Vetex has implemented the weapon skills viewing UI. Hover your mouse over a weapon and hold shift in order to see it’s skills, descriptions of skills, and skill weapons stat level requirement. Later on, greying out of weapon skills that you can’t access was added.

However, this next part is a bit more complicated :thinking:. There’s a new stat called quality. There’s many different tiers, and each weapon is assigned to one. Here’s how a few are determined.

• Old weapons are “Poor” quality.

• Level 50 to 100 weapons are “Average” quality.

• Sunken sword (Despite it being levels 50 to 100) and definitely some others are “Good” quality.

This was done instead of rarities because there weren’t many tiers for rarity.

Qualities determine two things:

• A weapon’s max tier. I’m not sure what this means. Does it mean max level? If so, that would make a somewhat decent amount of sense.

• A weapon’s skills. I know some higher rarity/level weapons will have extra exclusive skills, but perhaps otherwise. It also makes these skills stronger.

Could someone smarter than me better explain the two things above? It would be appreciated :cold_face::ok_hand:.

Also, 5 new hints have been added regarding weapons.

It was a dark and stormy night :scream:… Suddenly, the second skill in the game, Primal swipe was added. It’s the first skill for claw type weapons. Unlike Dagger Throw, it got a leak on twitter displaying it at a higher weapons level.

Unfortunately, the file is too large for me to upload, so view it on his Twitter post here :arrow_down::

https://twitter.com/_vetex/status/1426396277730852864

I wasn’t too hyped for weapon skills until I saw this. It took my expectations and blasted them out of the War Seas :flushed:. He swipes, emitting glowing claw marks, which explode with fashion :poggers2:. Looks like weapons will be viable against magic! He also says the name of the skill in chat, extremely similarly to magic. We can also see a Frostmill building in the background.

Vetex also confirmed that some weapons will have colored skills. The skills of the Sunken Sword will be a watery blue. But for these claws, they will be the light blue and gray you see here.

It’ll probably take months for Vetex to complete all the skills, but that’s a price i’m willing to pay for quality and balanced gameplay.

Here’s Ultra’s topic regarding this leak. Share what you think about this epic skill :sunglasses:!

New Teasers August 13th 2021

All this stuff with weapons and how they work is complicated for me, but i’m sure i’ll get it when AO actually releases (And with some wiki browsing).

There’s only a few things left. Vetex has built another wilderness island, and the next weapon skill he’ll be completing is for the sword, called “Spin Attack”. It will most likely be similar to the skill “Great Spin” from the Castlian, Alalean, and Old Swords in WoM :nod:.

That’s all for this anchor :v::wave:!

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“My journey to the end of World of Magic”
By @SocialCreditMaster

We all know that a sea surrounds the map in World of Magic. But do you ever wonder what happens if you just keep going? Ponder no more, it’s actually infinite. But the further out you go, the glitchier it gets, as Dwagon shows in their heroic journey to the ends of the game. They managed to get out 100k meters, and see some wacky things…

Link:
My journey to the end of World of Magic

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

tftsb

“The Flotsam Who Still Burns”
By @PhoenixHeartAlight

I’ll tell you what else is burning… This art, it’s fire :sunglasses:! In all seriousness, this may have been the hardest art choice i’ve made so far. There were several collabs and super creative art pieces. Having been impressed with it earlier, I chose this, a drawing of presumably an OC. The creative background, the pose, and art style got me here got me starstruck! Great job :+1:!

Link:
The Flotsam Who Still Burns

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“A Diary of Regrets - Chapter Two”
By @Retribution

An unknown protagonist sits down and reads an unknown diary, while hiding from a storm. He learns about the unfortunate story, and that there might be more too it than there seems… There’s not been too much new writing on the forums, or writing at all, and it’s been from a few people. But seeing writing from someone new is always nice :v:.

Link:
(Series) A Diary of Regrets - Chapter Two

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last time’s Riddle Solver is @RayhanahyaR! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Never Gonna Give You Up”!

This Issue’s Riddle is…

”TOFTrailblazingFeaturedMusic”

C__u_ _

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next time I publish!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

15 Likes

Notes:

1. Sorry for the late anchor :frpensive:
  2. Sonic Mania OST is a bop :flushed::ok_hand:
  3. School starting in 2 days (freshman year, nervous), so I miiiight not release as much, since my brain uses school as an excuse to be lazy in everything but we’ll see :slightly_smiling_face:
  4. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

Thank you for using my art! This was such a pleasant surprise :sob:

1 Like

Thank you for making it! I really enjoy the art that the forumers here make.

1 Like

What?
My story got onto here…? Well, thank you, I appreciate it. Didn’t know it was worthy of this of all things. I’ll def try to get the third part out soon enough!

1 Like

god I need to read this in the morning with a bottle of boba tea, it’d be so relaxing. Nice work as always, and good luck with highschool! If I survived freshman year, you can too ehe

1 Like

if this were condensed to a YouTube series with adequate editing it’d be incredible

2 Likes

My freshman year was spent at home doing online classes so I guess if I can survive there’s a possibility of you surviving too!

1 Like

I was thinking about doing something with Odyssey Feed on youtube. However, i’m already a bad enough newswriter on the forums, it wouldn’t really get attention (Not that it matters), I can’t edit, and it would take a long time to do both a youtube version and written version done in the timespan I already do the latter in.

I hope the music category helps with that haha.

1 Like

You go! :sunglasses:

@StarForDays I’m going in person, so unless there’s some crazy disaster or another wave i’m not gonna be virtual.

For the second thing it’s basically that higher quality weapons will have access to skills lower quality ones won’t and of course the skills that are the same will be much stronger
Sorry this looks weird I’m on mobile and I can’t really do anything about it

Kinda confused still. Thought ALL weapons had 5 unlockable skills, regardless (Besides ultimates and exclusives)?

what??? what this is//??

You might wanna look through some previous anchors :wink:

my brain is so fucking plain for riddles; I’ve spent all my braincells on gaming

Cloud 9 :mariomug:

1 Like

It’s funny because if you search Trailblazing the anchor is the only thing to come up

fuck

ur brain a bit slow

:sleeper: