Sharks should have a chance to drop a random item

When sharks get released in AO they should have a chance to drop a random item when killed in a similar manner to chests maybe a 1 in 10 chance to drop. Drop rates could differ depending on the shark.

Edit: Drop table will be shared with that of chests and merchants/smugglers.

Sunken gear could drop from white eyes at a 1 in 1000 chance.

So what’s gonna happen. When a white eyes type shark spawns and we kill it?

A lot of galleons will be dropped and 1-6 random items could be dropped. Depends on how difficult vetex makes it to kill white eyes. Say if white eyes actively pursued boats and players compared to only spawning when a player is in the water. But not being too expectant then I would say guaranteed 2 items. Maybe even a ship part.

I like it, because in real life sharks are known for swallowing random stuff.

4 Likes

Tiger shark especially.

1 Like

I would probably elaborate more onto what items, like if it’s possible to ontain sunkens and whatnot

Sunken items could be a rare drop from sharks. But if I were to balance then it will be restricted to white eyes at a 1 in 1000 chance maybe.

The items they would drop would basically be the same as the ones you get in a chest or from merchants/smugglers.

I like this, people might go out shark hunting

Or shark punching like Polemos punching Cthulhu.

If this is added, im hunting your PFP

Make it drop an alive npc

Hmm yes I killed a shark and got a piece of ancient armor fused with magic
Sense there is none

If you read, he said that it could be adjusted to actually make sense, and also sharks are known to eat things randomly so that’s not too far fetched, bonus points if its a magic infused shark

You are talking about white eyes yeah.

See you in the Southern Sea.

Ill chase you to the south sea
And kill you for sushi

1 Like

Well damn

3 Likes

Seems like a useless feature

1 Like

Yeah it seems pointless.

Should sharks be able to drop sunkens?

• Yes