Odyssey Feed ~ Issue #3

The Odyssey Feed
The convenient weekly newspaper for Arcane Odyssey
Produced and written by Fang C. Percy.

12/13/2020

Trello News

Upgrades, people, upgrades! Remember being stranded on Permafrost island for 2 years, waiting for your boat to respawn, or desperately collecting goods to sell in a feeble attempt to repair your boat, just for it to be shot by more cannonballs? Well, it seems Vetex has added what weā€™re looking for!

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 1.08.18 AM

Now, we can spawn boats at 0 health, even if theyā€™re only at a small percentage of their HP upon spawning. This way, if weā€™re desperate to get off of an island, we donā€™t need to pay. In Arcane Adventures, you HAD to pay to repair your boat before spawning it. This will be betterā€¦ It will be much slower in terms of traveling, but will be much less annoying to players less skilled at boat PvP or PvE like myself. :nod:

Boats seem to keep their health, like a real boat in Arcane Adventures. You can also repair them with repair hammers or the Shipwright. A real staple of this series is the realistic boats, to where you would have to take care of them. Looks like thatā€™s going to return in Arcane Odyssey, for the better.

There will be new notifications for when your ship needs to be repaired, and also one for when someone starts attacking your boat, similar to Arcane Adventures. There will also be one for when somebody sinks your ship. These might come in handy.

The 2 Minute respawn timer doesnā€™t seem like much, so thatā€™s also a good thing. Less waiting around, more sailing and story! :poggers2:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 10.42.16 AM

Hereā€™s some stuff about sinking shipsā€¦ Not only will it alter your reputation (Seems neat), but it will also put a message in chat similar to when killing a player, saying who sank what ship. How will this affect wars? Only time will tell. There will also be special effects such as wood cracking, lowering into water, and other things all told on the Arcane Odyssey Trello. New surface material for gold and iron as well, making it look more metallic in the new lighting of the game. Going to look incredible! :mariomug:

Thereā€™s also those new statistics, and that defeated screen was a good fix, since it wasnā€™t really you being defeated. You could say you were defeated by your bodyā€™s lack of oxygen, butā€¦ Well, that wouldnā€™t make that much sense.

Also, Land, rocks, fall damage, and other things will now damage your ship. No more sailing on top of permafrost islandā€¦ :pensive:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 2.36.40 PM

Hereā€™s some less intense changesā€¦ Many of the gameā€™s magics have been nerfed or buffed. Many people on the forum have taken quick notice of these changes on the Arcane Odyssey Trello. Most importantly, ice and gold have been nerfed, while many smaller magics have been buffed as well as weapons receiving a large boost in damage. Hereā€™s the changes.

This weapon buff is certainly a positive to all the weapon mains out there! Not sure how I feel about my future second magic, ice, being nerfed. Iā€™m sure all the advantages ice has in the new map will make up for itā€¦ These buffs are pretty insane! :poggers2:

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 12.17.19 PM

Forum Topics of the Week

Hereā€™s our first topic. Itā€™s going to be a poll asking if a face reveal should be commenced by @Kxks. Iā€™m glad he picked on to the face reveal train thatā€™s been going around, and it takes lots of bravery and commitment to post your face online. It might seem unsafe, but we have an awesome community supporting your decision, Kxks4478. Make sure to vote! :nod:

Maybe donā€™t pick that last option, thoughā€¦

The suggestions have been fruitful this week! One that caught my eye and has been fairly active up to the end of the week is a suggestion saying sharks should drop items by @anon64436269. This would add a nice touch, hunting sharks possibly for rare things that sharks might eat. Simple and nice suggestion! Shark hunting guilds? :eyes:

What did YOU ask for this Christmas? Thatā€™s a question asked by @Penguin on his topic, which only has 19 repliesā€¦ Why donā€™t you share what you want for christmas over there? In the meantime, iā€™ll be looking at some of the things you share. For christmas, I might ask for Robux, possibly Legos, and Nintendo Amiibos. I trained a Ganondorf amiibo named Vesuvius recently. He didnā€™t turn out so well. Go share your Christmas wishes!

Also, make sure to check out of @Metaā€™s suggestions this week, theyā€™ve been good and I couldnā€™t exclude a mention!

Funniest Forum Comment of the Week
Please note that this is an opinion and that many comments may have been missed.

It seems that @Morden has personally denounced Pepsi on a poll asking the forums if they liked Coke or Pepsi better. I guess thatā€™s a wrap on that poll thenā€¦ Maybe a bit less language, but this was still funny.

Art of the Week

As soon as I saw this one, I knew it would win this slot rightfully. Itā€™s @Tobi ā€˜s college art paper, which is a comic showing us how to right comics! I felt close to this one, since iā€™ve drawn comics in the past. Tobiā€™s infographic comic shows, in beautiful color, nice illustrations, and clear, humorous instructions, a tutorial on drawing, developing, and creating comics of your own.

Tobi wonā€™t be on the forums as much as explained in the topic, weā€™ll miss your art for the while you need to take!

We wonā€™t show the art here, as itā€™s quite large, but feel free to click on the link down below to learn more about making a comic, as well as view this art.

Writing of the Week

Now hereā€™s some writing worth readingā€¦ Ultimatum 14 by @Robotstics! Follow the adventures of Arsen and Artemis in their 14th writing establishment. Short, interesting, and easy to read, this short story won over this spot. Nice writing!

We canā€™t wait until you publish the next issue of this blossoming story! This writing being featured will certainly make Robostics happy!

Trivia Question

This weekā€™s Trivia Question is, what was the first preset NPC to be added to World of Magic?

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next weekā€™s issue! No Googling!

Thanks for reading this weekā€™s edition of The Odyssey Feed!

13 Likes

This is very pog

1 Like

Itā€™s only a matter of time until Robotstics "FBI OPEN UP"s this

frick pepsi

3 Likes

Only a matter of time

1 Like

He has spoken

1 Like

I also separated Art and Writing and put in trivia questions, hope you enjoy it! : D

This was from a poll I did earlier

Here to answer the trivia question @Cryonical

It was King David Silver

1 Like

Maybe I made it too easy, lol.

yey Iā€™m on here

1 Like

You still win, nonetheless. Nice one! You can message me with the next trivia question if you have a good one. If you do though, no winning the next trivia!

I was pretty sure the loli minotaur is going to be the art of the weekā€¦

1 Like

Was thinking about it

Maybe a tad bit good easy, but I can make sure the next one wonā€™t be, but only if I remember to lmao.

1 Like

lets

lets fucking go

1 Like

You made it, and yours actually deserved the spot, I didnā€™t even do it on purpose because you wanted it to

You should be happy, lmao

1 Like

time to enjoy some ez forum clouā€¦

oh no

I need to read the rest of the series tho

please do i need more clout

1 Like