Ship Part Info and Meta Ship Equipment Poll

Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, I want to discuss what (current) endgame ship parts you guys think are the best currently. Let’s collect some data…

Hulls (Level 90)

• Light Rugged Hull (Medium Durability, Very Low Stability, High Turning)
  • Reinforced Wooden Hull (Medium Durability, Low Stability, Medium Speed)
  • Bronze Framing (High Durability, High Stability, High Ram Defense)

0 voters

Sailcloth (Level 80)

• Hemp Sailcloth (High Speed)
  • Cotton Sailcloth (High Resilience, +Low Durability)

0 voters

Cannons (Level 80-90)

Arcanium cannons are generalized by the nature of their magic. Arcanium Cannons by default have 1x (average) range and 1.7x (high) damage, which are affected by a magic’s affinities by an unknown degree. Their range can be as high as 1.4x, or as low as 0.4x. They also are light on the boat with -5 Sailing Speed, and have a quick reload time of 5s.

• Arcanium Cannons (Slow Magic, higher damaging)
  • Arcanium Cannons (DoT Magic, excluding bleed/poison)
  • Arcanium Cannons (Balanced Magic or default)
  • Arcanium Cannons (Fast Magic, longer range)
  • Bronze Culverins (1.8x damage, -7 Sailing Speed, 6s reload)
  • Heavy Bronze Cannons (2x damage, -10 Sailing Speed, 7s reload)
  • Bronze Carronades (2.2x damage, -12 Sailing Speed, 8s reload)

0 voters

Rams (Level 80-90)

Arcanium Rams are generalized by the nature of their magic. Arcanium Rams by default have average durability, and 1.7x (high) damage, which are affected by a magic’s affinities. Their Ram Strength is 1,855 at base, and is changed by 30 per 0.025 damage affinity above or below 0.925x. Their range can be as high as 1.4x, or as low as 0.5x. They also are light on the boat with -5 Sailing Speed, and have a reload time of 5s.

• Arcanium Ram (Slow Magic, higher damaging)
  • Arcanium Ram (DoT Magic, excluding bleed/poison)
  • Arcanium Ram (Balanced Magic or default)
  • Arcanium Ram (Fast Magic, faster ramming speed)
  • Iron Axe/Blade Ram (+High Durability, Medium Ram Strength, +Ramming Speed, No Ram Defense)
  • Iron Battering/Cleaving Ram (+Medium Durability, High Ram Strength, Low Ram Defense)
  • Iron Reinforced Ram (+Low Durability, Low Ram Strength, High Ram Defense)

0 voters

Standard Ram speed is 1.4x.

Crew

• Redwake Warriors (+5% Stability)
  • Sailors (+10% Resilience, +300 Ram Defense)
  • Ravenna Deserters (+300 Durability, +5% Resilience)

0 voters

Quartermaster

• Edward Kenton, The Exiled Captain (+300 Durability, +5% Stability, +5% Resilience)
  • Enizor (Portable Alchemist NPC)

0 voters

i’ve been using the reinforced wooden hull just for the speed, but the light rugged is definitely better for combat

since darksea aint out yet speed is quite literally the only stat that matters , no real reason to go literally anything but speed out of pure QoL

1 Like

I guess magma qualifies as both, probably more on the slow magic side though

magma’s damage is not heavy without DoT , it hits for the same as snow and water excluding Melting status

i do NOT care about your opinions, turning speed ftw
do not talk to me if you have less than 100 turning speed

Personally i feel very confident about my ship maximizing defense, stability, and dmg output on a ketch
Bronze carronades have been very useful too

8k hp and strong carronades melt everything

Nothing beats the raw power of bronze culverins!
Incredible range, very high damage, only 7 loss in speed, and it doesn’t have to deal with magic storage!!!

When I enter naval combat, my ship doesn’t take damage, and even if it did, it has enough hp to manage.

Who cares if your cannons have 2285x damage multiplier when you can’t get anywhere near me!

There was no poll needed for Quartermasters :sob:

1 Like

To people who voted slow magic rams over fast magic rams: why tf?
Fast magic rams are insane bro, idk about you but id rather actually move fast when ramming instead of barely going forward

Cap, speed is great but its def not the only stat that matters. Unless you only use your ship for travelling, in that case fair enough

for traveling yea, but it’s not as important for ship battles

1 Like

once you open 100-150 sealed chests u got everything u really need , defense / ram defense / ram damage / magic storage dont matter no more , stability doesn’t matter atm cause rough seas are pretty much nonexistent

Enizor needs to be given some sort of stats for a ship. I know many will argue that he is a portable alchemist but that is hardly worth the slot when Kenton gives you actual tangible benefits.

2 Likes

Wait so you mean for deckhands and not actual ship parts?

just use ketch for both

20 bucks he gets an upgrade quest later and his stat is magic storage

Yeah Magic Storage is what I was thinking of as well. That or his ‘research’ will lead to something ship related.

I do use Ketch and I still forget Elizor exists because he gives nothin’

I mean for both , stats aside from speed really don’t matter (obv you want some resilience and durability don’t want ur ship dying in two hits) just because most of them are highly situational compared to just stacking speed which is always gunna be nice

once darksea gets added durability + stability gunna be way more important im sure