[Short Stories] Blood Brothers, Part 4 (This will be the finale as you're probably sick of reading this series by now)

“Yurik, take point and cover us.”

I charged into the shop, my pistols raised. The Ravennan soldiers turned, their eyes shocked for a split second before drawing their weapons. I was faster.

Gun Draw: Rapid Fire!

The once filled room was suddenly a grave of bronze armor, I lead the charge into the open courtyard, with Captain John Price behind me, still carrying Captain John Mac as if it was a family heirloom.

“They’ll just keep coming.” Captain John Mac grunted. “Just leave me, Price!”

“No!” Price retorted, his voice having a heavy tone of determination. “I’m getting you out of this!”

“Head to the northwest building!” Price cried. I nodded, knowing that yelling an acknowledgement would be futile in the hail of ammunition and magic.

“Price! Armored chariots!” Mac yelled. We watched as armored chariots stopped in front of us, with legionnaires and centurions disembarking.

“We made it. Mac! Just hold on!”

We continued firing at the Bronze Legion soldiers. But it was no use. There were too many. We were done for.

BAM!

The door behind us kicked open as multiple figures wearing brown cloaks and torn clothes entered, their guns firing at the Bronze Legion soldiers. Their figures were disheveled from top to bottom, but in their eyes lay a determination that the Grand Navy and I have never seen before.

“It’s the Tiberian separatists!” Captain Price yelled. He turned to the separatists. “Hold the Bronze Legion back!”

He then turned to me. “Yurik we need to move Mac! Get over here and cover us!”

He turned to the separatists handing Mac’s limp body over to 4 of them. “We’ve got a wounded! Get him inside! Let’s go! Let’s go!”

“We’ll get him!” The separatist leader yelled. “Just fall back!”

I followed last, clutching my hand. The small hole caused by the bullet was noticeable, but tolerable. I sighed.

“Clear the table!” Captain Price yelled, as he brushed aside the junk, giving room for the separatists to lay Captain Mac on.

Captain Mac laid there, gasping for air. his pool of crimson liquid immediately began dying the brown table red.

“Mac!” Captain Price yelled, panic clearly surfacing in his voice, a break from his usual cool, calm and stern demeanor. “Medic!”

Mac gasped as he faced Captain Price. “Price… Yurik.”

“Not now, Mac. Just rest.” Price ordered.

“Get a medic!” Price hollered, his voice laced with panic and a sense of dread as he turned to Mac. “C’mon, stay with me son!”

“Price…” Mac said, mustering all his strength. “You need to know…”

Captain Price stopped shaking him. And Mac leaned in close. He mustered all the strength he had remaining, and delivered his final message.

“Makarov… knows… Yurik.”

And thus, Captain John Mac of the Grand Navy, took his final breath before succumbing to his injuries. He was certainly a dedicated captain, vowing that he would bring down terror on in the Bronze Sea no matter the cost, even if that means giving his own life.

“Oh No! No! No! No! No! MAC!!! NO! NO! MAC!!!” Captain Price yelled, suddenly shaking Mac’s body wildly, attempting to resuscitate his brother in arms, but his efforts were futile.

The Tiberian separatist leader approached us, trying to jostle Captain Price out of his early stages of grief. “Price! You have to go! Now!”

“Get off me!”

He was shoved into the wall by Price, who refused to leave his fallen comrade.

Suddenly, the silence was broken.

We dashed to the ends of the building, where a locked door awaited us.

“Yurik! Open it!” Price commanded.

“CRASH!”

I rolled down the flight of stairs, the pain striking every part of my body as I landed with a thud in the dimly lit room.

I heard the ominous growl of Price’s voice as he walked down the stairs.

“Mac trusted you.”

He held up his flintlock.

“I thought I could too.”

Click.

“So why, in bloody hell, does Makarov know you?”

The barrel of Captain Price’s flintlock was aimed right at my forehead.

I sighed, and began to recall the events of how I met him.

“I know what you have, Yurik. I know what you have told them.” Makarov said, a smirk playing on his voice as I struggle to brake out of the chair.

“My friend. My ally. My betrayer. What happens here today, will change the world forever.”

“Nothing can stop this, not even you.”

BANG!

Captain John Price looked at me, believing in what I said.

“Okay, Yurik. You’ve bought yourself some time.”

He lifted me up, his flintlock still pointed at my chest menacingly.

“For now.”

1 Like

Part 1 - [Short Story] Blood Brothers, Part 1 (I'm not sure if this counts as a story or a script)

Part 2 - [Short Story] Blood Brothers, Part 2

Part 3 - [Short Story] Blood Brothers, Part 3: Into the Gates of Hell

And yes it’s a complete script of the mission “Blood Brothers” from Call of Duty MW3 (Old), and the meme “Soap trusted you”

I promise when I come back from China I will cook up something a lot better than this.