Should hybrids get Rare Spells/Techniques/Weapons?

Continuing the discussion from Reminders for AO (Part 3):

Most Rare Spells are supposed to be handed to you relatively fast. There are 28 types planned, the earliest you will be able to get one is Level 30, and there will probably be many in-between a stat req of 60 and 160, with some over 160. That’s literally Vetex’s vision for them. There is no reason to only add pure-exclusive stuff until after full release, he can add both pure-exclusive and hybrid-useable in the same update. That’s what I’m guessing he’s doing right now. I bet Javelin will be hybrid-useable while Surge is Mage-exclusive. So Mages get another 2 Rare Spells, Warlocks get 1 Rare Spell and 1 Rare Technique, etc. It would be exactly equal gain (outside of weapon hybrids due to the poll, and vitality builds since they aren’t being worked on yet).

Vetex has the time to add 6 rare abilities in one update, which allows for 3 pure-exclusive (1 spell, 1 technique, 1 weapon) and 3 hybrid-exclusive (1 spell, 1 technique, 1 weapon), making each build equally gain 2 new abilities in total (outside of vitality). If Vetex has the time for that, why not? This is just excluding hybrids for the sake of it, isn’t it?

Once again I’m sorry I’m super tired. That being said, I get what you mean now. Yeah being locked out for the sake of being locked out is dumb ngl.
: )

Thanks. I hope you get some good rest, I know that arguing online while tired is not a very pleasant experience :saluting_face:

yes although maybe in 2 years the req levels should be adjusted

i think even savants should have access to some early on

The 60 stat req rare weapons/spells/techniques in question:

Right now, I don’t think so, but maybe after bimbus sea or building (since level cap increases with every update after bimbus) hybrids should be able to get them

Now, yes.

Your average person doesn’t care for “oh give mages 3 unique spells and basically no new abilities to strive for on your build because mages need more”. To them that just means that their builds are being left in the dust, forgotten about.

I have introduced plenty of friends to the game, one of which did lose basically all interest after finding out they couldn’t use the vindicator, and another that the Halbred was class locked. AO is stretched thin on ‘this is locked to one class’ options.

Javelin is hybrid, a technique is hybrid, both the weapon skills are hybrid. Simplest and cleanest way to go about it.

Yeah that’s fair, giving players more stuff to keep people engaged instead of giving 1 class new stuff should be (almost) always prioritized

i mean hybrid builds will get access to all existing rare stuff once the cap raises, plus adding 6 total rare things is already mind numbingly boring, i wont be adding any more this update

as for exclusivity, lost and ancient tiered stuff will likely be locked to specific builds (ex: a magic/str user cant use an ancient spell type, only a mage would be able to)

14 Likes

Win

is this because of stat requirements or will other classes just be locked out of them?

they would just be locked out of them

7 Likes

so warlock exclusive spells/techniques ???

How would that work? Are you saying like a spell/technique that would require both magic and strength to use?

That seems to make sense considering the warlord weapons for example. Actually sounds like a fun idea ngl

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.