Should I remake my series Elemental Flesh Armored Legends?

I was looking back on Potentially fatal flaws of my series (Elemental Flesh Armored Legends) and realized I might’ve fucked myself. I am asking this question again but as a completely new topic so that it’s cleaner.

In this post, I will address each problem I pointed out that would be solved with the remake I proposed.

1. Too Far Apart
    The EFALs in the main/original series (what I currently have) are too far apart and it feels weird to me. It feels more like 6 sub stories than 1 grouped story which I don’t want. It wouldn’t be feasible for everyone to meet up and it’s probably not a good idea to do lore-wise.
    In the remake, I might make it so that all legends are chosen in the same local area.

2. ESW (why isn’t the world fucked + introduced too early)
    My first concept draft of EFAL was about superheroes fighting supernatural forces or monsters, not human opponents like ESW. I fucked that up. Also, the world should likely be fucked up right now due to how powerful they are. In ESW, there are 6 ranks, with the upper 3 being elite, co-leader, and leader. There are 8 elites (8 ex-elites), 3 co-leaders (1 ex-co-leader), and 1 leader (1 ex-leader). All members ranked elite and above are blessed by at least one god, giving them extreme elemental proficiency. This problem here is a real story breaking plot hole.
    In the remake, I’ll remove ESW and make it so that elemental spirits (malevolent entities that the EFAL must fight) just come out of nowhere because they can.

3. Crutch
    Calling of the past (CotP) is an ability every EFAL has. It’s basically the avatar state except they will never be able to fully control it and if they die, the consequence isn’t as bad. It’s such a crutch and I won’t ever be able to make it like a desperate epic last-ditch powerup. The consequences of being tired afterwards won’t even matter since the fight is already over.
    In the remake, I’ll completely remove CotP.

Why am I not remaking it already? The only reason is because I’ll lose all my progress from episodes 1 to 5, especially the animation/drawing part like holy shit it’s so tedious and it’s the main reason why I take so long to release episodes despite being done or almost done with the writing.

Also, Elemental Flesh Armored Legends is just a test run after all. I only made this series to practice but I’m loving it.

TLDR: If I were to rewrite this, the most notable things I’d do is remove CotP and the ESW. EFAL was originally supposed to be like a superhero story about fighting spirits or entities ravaging the city. I’d also tone down the powerscaling, to like (VS Battles Tiers) 9-A or 8-C. I’m not sure if they’ll still keep their elemental powers.

The powerscaling went out of hand real fast especially in episode 5 because a guy named Astijorin was able to create 10mil liters of water at once.

The only main problem from the new version is the lore, like why do elemental legends exist? Who created them?

Fun facts:

• I originally called this series in my head Kakuja Legends, but I couldn’t name it that because “kakuja” is a term from Tokyo Ghoul and this isn’t a fanfic.
  • I once named this series Beast Legends while trying to find a good substitute for “kakuja”.
  • The wind legend’s special limbs are inspired by Touka/Ayato Kirishima, lightning by KosshiK1 (Ro-Ghoul), earth by Tsukiyama, water by Kaneki, fire by Nishiki, and life by Fueguchi.
Do I remake?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

If you can find a way to salvage it, no matter how extreme, don’t remake

If you can’t, then the premise is fundamentally flawed enough it needs some retconning/rewriting

Just imagine it as an alternative universe from jojo bizzare adventures

i feel like it could be salvageable because i could retcon how long ESW existed (the only truly storybreaking plot hole problem)

i’m also thinking: how should i announce any retcons? should i…

1. edit the video description to include retcon notes
  2. delete the video altogether and post a fixed version

This one

1 Like

i’m currently thinking (with the help of chatgpt) about the possible plot holes in the currently published episodes

You gotta understand ChatGPT doesn’t understand and respond to a piece of media, it generates what LOOKS like a valid response

It can’t actually find plot holes, it can just spew stuff that sounds like a plot hole and it might be right

here are the only plot holes i found:

1. (s1e2) kai is forgetful, forgetting to bring his phone to record evidence on a mission (family going somewhere unknown every other friday, happening for 1.5 years)
  2. (s1e3/s1e4) unusual power discrepancy between hina and aisen
  3. (s1e5, not plot hole but narrative choice) i destroyed selerichi’s school too early to be able to explain how shit the system is

chatgpt gave me around 30-40 possible plot holes throughout episodes 1 to 5, only 2 made it to this post (or 3)

THIS IS BLATANTLY WRONG LOL WTH (guess i might not use chatgpt as much)

i might make an announcement video on my channel about possible retcons or the rewrite

LMAO WHAT IS THIS (complete sentence)

Some poor sap got erlking’d

I’ll explain the details of what I’ll change, ability-wise:

I’m planning to add 2 new legends: a light legend and I don’t know what the 8th element should be, maybe shadow? What even is shadow magic anyways, just fancy raw mana recolored black?

I’ll give all of them the ability to teleport via placing portals. I did this so that it’ll feel like they’re actually working together. There’ll definitely be limits to this.

• The portals don’t linger around in the air and they behave like stickers or thin metal sheets, meaning they can be stolen. Portals linger around forever though until the legend closes it. If all legends die, the portals will be open forever until the next generation closes it.
  • Closing a portal will slice everything in its way in half, which can end up chopping someone’s limb off.
  • The legends can reshape their portals, but its total area can be at most 4 square meters.
  • Portals are massless and indestructible, including its frame. Don’t ask why the fuck it’s like that, it just is. They’re also one-sided.
  • They can only place portals near them, meaning can’t go to a place they’ve never been that doesn’t have a portal there.
  • There is a 48 minute cooldown between creating portals. There is a 24 minute cooldown for destroying portals, and those cooldowns count down separately per legend.
  • It takes 40 seconds to create a portal and 20 to close. They close gradually.
  • The legends can remotely destroy portals and they in a way, label it. They can’t tell where existing portals are located, so if one is stolen for example, they have to find out about that first.
  • The legends share portals and a maximum of 12 or 16 (12 if 6 legends, 16 if 8 legends) can be placed/active at once.

Each legend has special limbs (i forgor to tell this oops) which are basically just like kagunes from Tokyo Ghoul.

• Wind legend has 4 wings (looks like what kagune Ayato Kirishima but white and crystallized only)

• Lightning has 2 tentacle guns (looks like KosshiK1 from Ro-Ghoul but white and teal)

• Earth has bone blades that they can reshape into anything

• Water has 6 tentacles that have bone tips

• Fire has 4 tails (will be like Tatara’s in the remake)

• Life has 2 petal wings and 2 tentacles (looks like what Hinami Fueguchi has except green)

I’m not sure what special limbs the new legends would have, but it’d be…

• Tentacles covered in spikes/thorns (just like what Yamori has)
  • idk the 8th one, probably giant wings mainly used like smokescreen (just like what furuta has but 2 instead of 1)

I might also just remove their elemental powers entirely, making them just flesh armored legends (not kakuja legends ok?).

If I keep the elements, I could actually get away with not deleting and remaking some episodes (1, 3). It’s because they would still fit into the lore or new rules of the world.

I could also keep CotP (or something similar) but change its limits so that it can still keep its awe as a desperate power up (fight-or-flight was a shitty trigger narrative-wise). Its new limit would be that the legend can fully voluntarily activate it, but it can be active for a maximum of probably 6 minutes. After that time, the legend becomes very tired (usually barely able to move) and they can’t activate it again for around 18 hours. The legend can choose to deactivate that powerup earlier for less downside.

Here are some questions I’m still thinking about if I’ll do a remake, which is likely:

1. Should I add 2 new legends? What should their elements be?
  2. Should I keep CotP with the new limits?
  3. Should I keep their elemental powers? I’ll still nerf it though because I want their special limbs to be their main weapon.
1 Like

Ah yes, Tokyo Ghoul: Magic Edition

i played too much ro ghoul before, also i first thought of this when thinking about the kosshi kagune and just how cool it’d sound to be heroes who kept this for life…

I’m so sorry for your loss

currently lvl 1.1k on my ghoul slot with kosshi

also should i add 2 new legends? what elements? 1 new instead? should i remove elements altogether?

Frankly I say you should just ditch the elements unless there is a lore-specific reason for them existing

honestly i guess i should remove the elements, also in the very old draft version of efal i dont think they had elements

also i’m still thinking if normal people should be able to get magic