Sky Curses

Sea Curses, magic in it’s true form. The raw element instead of magic energy pretending to be the element. In my personal view I see them as imperfect. Or at the very least not fulfilling its true potential. Prometheus’s creation was mostly likely rushed due to the fact that he was you know. Being threatened with murder. AO might ended up disproving some of this. But it still may stand.
First of all, Prometheus only decided to gain enough power to overthrow Zeus but only went a little bit further before the 100 year war. Meaning that if Zeus, Hades, or Poseidon decided to burn Aurem. They would’ve been many more times stronger than Prometheus ever was. Curses are not at their true potential so how DO we achieve its full power? By having a more powerful being create something stronger. So jumping over some logical hurdles. What exactly WOULD be these more powerful Curses?

I give you

Photon, Eclipse, Energy, Holy, Hell, Order, Void, Time, and Reality

I will be posting these ideas over the next couple of weeks. I want these to be as good as possible because this an idea I really do believe in.

Previous post

reality sounds busted

art of infinity…

Yeah I’m going to try to take it to the next level. Honestly Time just seems to be a little too powerful to be undermined by white fire.

sure it was rushed but he did imbue a shit ton of power into the grand fire curses so that someone would beat the shit out of cursebeard

probably any curse would be more powerful if it were imbued with a shit ton of energy from aurem
normally speaking however you wouldn’t put so much of your power into one that you probably wouldn’t/can’t use, doing so would be a last resort

and who would actually make these…?

1. “photon” would imply apollo or some other light related deity would need a shit ton of that aurem power
  2. eclipse… who exactly would make that? what would it even do?
  3. energy is actually a curse that cursebeard already had, cursebeard had the blaze/ice/tide/energy curses
  4. holy, what? this isn’t christianity or some dnd campaign, these are greek gods
    what would that even do?
  5. same thing with hell, even if you were to count the underworld it still wouldn’t be a curse
    what would that even do?
  6. order, what?
  7. void is more reasonable albeit still weird
  8. a time curse that controls the passage of time itself (as in, reversing or forwards) wouldn’t exist
    at most you could control the state-of-something-in-time, such as reversing a log burning
  9. what exactly would a “reality” curse do?

logically nobody would make curses unless you were holding a knife at their throat,
and even then you’d probably need the giant aurem power boost that prometheus got

It’s just an idea my guy. Going by the same logic why would Equinox, Life, Shatter, Inferno, Balance or literally any other magics exist? It’s just a fun idea I want to explore.

those magic make more sense than curses because they’re far simpler, and in some cases even artificial
giant ass mega-curses with control over time and reality or whatever is a completely different story

I understand some of these ideas are kind of weird but why is Photon and Void just thrown out the window? And Apollo is god of the Sun not light. You say that it’s not a 100% based on Greek Mythology so you shouldn’t take it too seriously but here you are. I just want to create something cool.

welcome to the forums

A time curse exists though, we don’t know what it does but Sond has it

1 Like

Probably Helios and Selene (the moon goddess) creating a curse together in a very similar fashion to equinox, but instead of simple light and dark magic, its literally the sun and moon.

Basically instead of a magic made by a random mortal that fuses two complete opposite magics (pretty sure that’s how equinox magic was created canonically), it would be two complete opposite gods throwing their power together into a curse… likely just to see what happens.

Actually no, Apollo is the light god, Helios is the sun god.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.