Titans, Finishing what Prometheus Started

The Titans were the precursors to the Gods, overthrown and exiled or imprisoned or in the most extreme cases killed by being shattered into so many pieces they had no hope of ever coming back. During the 100 year war, most of the gods are confirmed to have been killed except Poseidon and Hades. But it’s never been confirmed if the Titans are still alive or not. They could still be somewhere, out there in space. Or even in the Arcane World in some prison just waiting to be freed. Such as the Koios, Iapetus, Krios, and Hyperion. The rulers of the North, East, South, and West (In that order) along with Kronos(Even though he’s gone he’ll be important for later), ruler of time, and Oceanus, ruler of the ocean. If we choose to release them for whatever reason, they could reward us with the power of

Blessings/ Sky Curses

You’ve heard of magic in it’s true form. But what about Curses in it’s FINISHED form? With what I’m thinking of, the Promethean Flame Curse is NOTHING compared to what I’m brewing.

(I posted this again because my previous post was the suggestion of them existing but this is going to lead up to something MUCH bigger. Tell me your thoughts on this, I think I got some really cool ideas, but I don’t know whether I should keep working on it)
Please share within reasonable limits with other people to see if this is worthy of gaining more traction.

Link to my previous post about whether they can exist.

I have released the FIRST part of the Sky Curse Chronicles! Please give feedback!

4 Likes

damn that’s deep :eyes:

pretty sure its been stated that gods can’t “die”, they can be split into pieces to the point they can’t really be revived

so yes, the titans exist, but they’re probably all “dead” by the time AA/AO comes around
simply a god/titan existing wouldn’t be able to make curses,
prometheus was able to make curses under very special conditions

even if you did revive a god, its not like they’d obey you unless you somehow managed to dominate them with magic (like durza did)

kind of wonder what will Grand Lightning/Tide and Cursed Earth curses would be like, consider that the Grand Fire curses focus on a certain property of fire

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

myes I wonder as well

oh god wow

Hades could also create curses. He just poured time into one. My reasoning on why Sky Curses have the ability to be more powerful is simply because it draws closer to the embodiment of Chaos. By going with the implied logic Tech himself stated in those screenshots that they had the possibility to be stronger. This is what I’m going with. Plus Titans are the closest to chaos other than Gaia, Uranus, Oceanus. While not all of them may still be alive. They could be out there somewhere. Besides my ideas for the game are VERY late end game. It’s possible to be stronger than a god. Because of the existence of CurseBeard and the eleven unkowns, we KNOW this.

But it’s still pretty likely that some of the Titans aren’t dead.

From Wikipedia
When they tried to mount heaven. When they tried to mount heaven, Zeus with the help of Athena , Apollo , and Artemis, cast them headlong into Tartarus. On Atlas, who had been their leader, he put the vault of the sky; even now he is said to hold up the sky on his shoulders."

From Brittanica
Zeus and his brothers and sisters finally defeated the Titans after 10 years of fierce battles (the Titanomachia). The Titans were then hurled down by Zeus and imprisoned in a cavity beneath Tartarus.

Hesiod’s Works and Days preserves the idea of the Titans as the golden race, happy and long-lived. The notion developed further under the Romans—who identified Cronus with Saturn—into a golden age of peace and prosperity.

They were imprisoned in Tartarus. Meaning we could somehow venture there.
Again never actually confirmed dead. Sure it may not be “100% accurate” but then again this is a fairy tale game about magic circles that shoot magma, light, water, earth and burning red gummies gives gods more power and the most powerful magic is white fire which can “take the properties of other magics” Instead of the most powerful magic being something more abstract

???
I don’t recall hades ever having made a curse
I assume you’re talking about the artificial magic dead revival, but that wasn’t a curse

not necessarily,
prometheus was a titan and tech said that zeus/poseidon/hades could have made stronger curses
meaning being a titan wouldn’t necessarily mean it’d be stronger

this is true however gods are still very very powerful, moreso than curse users

cursebeard was able to beat poseidon because cursebeard had the water curse

even if they weren’t “dead”, they wouldn’t give a shit about humans

remember the lore isn’t word-for-word greek myth
odds of us “going to tartarus” are nil, even if it were to technically exist
same thing with the underworld, I highly doubt that’d actually be a place at least in this point in time

Dude the Absorption Curse my guy.

You’re right not necessarily but the thing is you don’t have any confirmation on whether the Titans were stronger or not. Nobody does other than Vetex and Tech.

I think this is pretty debatable. Cause well you know most of the gods are dead. Before curses were even created. Read the lore my dude.

Yeah true honestly this is one of the things I can’t figure out. But I think that these ideas have some potential. I want to fully explore it.

Well thats the thing. It’s not completely tied into Greek Mythology. So what’s a little revelation that Titans are imprisoned and we can free them in exchange for power? The reasons you’re giving for Titans possibly not existing is the exact same reason why i’m suggesting they CAN exist. There’s a possibility.

I’m really just saying that your argument is a bit hypocritical. It’s totally fine if you don’t like it. But considering everything else that exists. You know world ending events, magic polluting the Earth, being able to revive people. It’s a little strange that THIS is what you choose to nitpick.

when was it ever stated he made the absorption curse?

that means they were killed by other gods and potentially primitive magic users, wym “read the lore”
gods have massive control over their “domain” (such as poseidon being able to move the seas) which gives them quite a bit of control/power

cursebeard was incredibly powerful and old, had 4 curses, yet was only able to beat poseidon because he had the water curse
while obviously you could overpower them under special conditions like that, the gods themselves are likely much more powerful than typical curse users

1. no way that’d ever actually be added in game or any storyline
  2. no way they’d actually help you, even if you did free them they’d probably take over the world given the power vacuum

those generally make much more sense than this

1. the world ending events have clear causes as a result of battles between incredibly powerful people
  2. magic polluting the earth is because durza released a fuck ton of curses into the atmosphere when fighting theos
  3. reviving people was just a method to use magic to control and reanimate corpses, its basically necromancy
    the peacekeeper being “fully revived” was a complete accident

you marked your own post as solution lol

After defeating Durza, the Peacekeeper sailed far south to the uncharted seas and eventually found Hades, the last remaining god. They defeat Hades, relieving the world of its last major threat. Hades had been the one controlling Durza and morphing him into the dark spirit he eventually became. Hades used Durza to test the limits of pure dark magic. After this, the Peacekeeper sets out to find the Absorption Curse, which had been freed due to Durza’s death
Honestly I think that makes it pretty obvoius.

Dude this whole thing is just an idea I thought was fun to explore. I’m just trying to create something cool.

where in that does it say that hades made it?

It seems pretty implied. I could be wrong but it just seems a lot like that.

yeah not at all
it does mean that hades was manipulating the people using it, but never that he made it

well alright. I guess you have a point there.

Most of the Titans are in Tartarus, Tech has said that

Na, Hades just has the power to corrupt shit like how he corrupted the Durandal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.