Small Change to Treasure Charts

Small Change to Treasure Charts
effort 4.833333333333333 6 quality 5.0 6 reasonability 5.0 9

Explanation:

With the recently added modifiers, many many more players have been doing treasure charts and this is a good thing, what isn’t good, however, is how certain modifiers make certain items far more valuable than they have any reason to be solely because of how ungodly rare it is to get treasure charts leading to certain islands.

Why does everybody hide their treasure at Ravenna, Shell, or Frostmill anyways?

The Change:

Instead of treasure charts picking a random part across the map when generating a treasure location, they first pick a random island, then pick a random part on that island.

To put it more simply: All islands should have an equal chance to be a treasure chart location.

This ensures that treasure charts are evenly spaced out, prevents players from having their inventories flooded by treasure charts leading to the same couple of gigantic islands, and helps make the market for modifiers less obnoxious.
(The value of blasted makes literally every other modifier look worthless in comparison even though they’re all equally powerful)

17 Likes

I don’t understand why this wasn’t a thing beforehand, maybe make smaller islands a little less likely to have treasure on it but not nearly to the extent they are now

5 Likes

yea

Frostmill is actually a mound of treasure hoarded and then frozen away by Arthur Cursebeard which he then kicked into the war seas where people settled on it

All the people claiming that it’s “their” treasure actually just saw it through the ice and never dug it up

8 Likes

noway artur cursberd ise curse reak???!!!???!11!!?!?

Ravenna’s mountain is actually just a gigantic treasure spot that was buried by a pure blooded vastus long ago.

Too much treasure, too much dirt.

2 Likes

alright but maybe we should reduce the modifier chance at akursius too, its 80% to compensate for the rarity rn

That’s fair.
I mostly just want to see charts that aren’t one of the three big islands for once.

I also want to see blasted modifier not be drastically overvalued.

the weird thing is that vetex was clearly aware that this was an issue, and added an exception to akursius island to compensate for it
but didn’t just fix the chance of treasure charts spawning on different islands?

This isn’t just an issue with blasted, it’s also annoying for people trying to get map completion. But instead of a good fix, we get a “fix” that doesn’t solve the longstanding problems with treasure charts and also doesn’t solve the problem he was trying to solve (blasted is still the rarest modifier by far).

It’s like he wants most treasure charts to be on Ravenna, which is weird because that’s not even desirable? Treasure charts for giant populated islands are the least interesting and feel the least like a treasure hunt.

3 Likes

I had no clue this is how treasure charts worked, I thought I was just unlucky when grinding for Bronze Sea Explorer. I’m surprised how this isn’t the way the game does it, this suggestion would be so helpful for getting modifiers and also Bronze Sea Explorer.

I JUST WANNA GET BRONZE SEA EXPLORER AND I STILL HAVEN’T AFTER 60+ HOURS BECAUSE THE GAME REFUSES TO GIVE ME CHARTS FOR LIKE 3 ISLAND.:sob::sob::sob:

Yes, please, and thank you. Add this rn Vetex.

by that logic we need the jaws treasure chart >:)

mount othrys treasure chart :face_with_peeking_eye:

yes,

please for the love of glob

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.